PDA

View Full Version : caithness horizons

annemarie482
03-Jul-09, 09:26
was up a look yesterday, what a brilliant modern museum!
stacked with info, free entry, lift to all floors, cafe, gallery,wee shop and even a dounreay tool to lift items behind a glass screen! (good fun!)
could've spent a whole day there!
lets hope people help them as they are looking for more info to add to the collection.
well worth a look!

awldthurso
07-Jul-09, 07:54
can't recommend this place highly enough! visited again on saturday was going for coffee in the cafe had beautiful large slab of yummy chocolate cake and then a wee walk upstairs to take in more of the wonderful photographs they have on display. am staying in the area for a few months doing family history research and spoke to a lovely lady joan who works there who was able to point me in the direction of phtographs of where my family used to live and was very helpful in where i can get old maps of the area and giving me details of caithness history group and highland archive. always very helpful staff with big smiles makes a big difference and such an interesting place have a fantastic film on caithness and dvds for sale of it too. i have bought four for all my relatives! so much interesting items photographs and films to see. love the film on stroma and gala films also was so good to see all the families on thurso beach from years ago and take a nice walk to the beach in the lovely weather and see it still going on! got a recommendation for a great place to eat on sunday. will be going back for sure. you people who live in caithness are so lucky to have a museum like this on your doorstep.