PDA

View Full Version : Australia the stuffed

gleeber
22-Nov-03, 12:48
Well done England on winning the rugby union world cup.

jjc
22-Nov-03, 13:06
Yeah, but couldn't they have done it without giving me heart palpatations???

Zeebie
22-Nov-03, 17:34
Great score - well done England.

But yes, palpatations all the way through!! They fairly kept our attention for the whole time!
It was a well played match on both sides notwithstanding the mistakes that England made........think of what the score might have been?

Hey those rugby boys are made of strong stuff aren't they? None of this lying about the field moaning and being carried off unless it is REAL! They go off, get stitched up and came back to fight again!!

I am proud of them though - Good old England :D

Kenn
22-Nov-03, 23:34
Hey guys that's real good to read yer messages.Corrrr what a match,but I still got me toe nails left! Well with 2 of my countrymen in the team how could they fail :lol:

Kernewomse

squidge
23-Nov-03, 00:11
wow

what a match

kept us two girlies glued to the telly with lots of ohhhhh and ooooooh and noooooo ended up looking through our fingers at the end - really enjoyed it tons and tons

Squidge and her friend Jennie

gleeber
23-Nov-03, 11:16
On reflection, i think it was an awesome sporting performence by a bunch of true sporting superstars. I cant remember one decision made by the referee being challenged other than to clarify it.
Imagine those other sporting superstars, our soccer heroes, playing in a similar situation. Diving, feigning injury, continually challlenging the referee, "professional fouls" managers being sent off.
The hatred generated by football needs to be challenged at a deeper level than at present.
If they need a role model, look no further than the English rugby team.

Kenn
23-Nov-03, 15:36
Hey not just the England team, not a red card issued at anytime no trouble with the fans and despite the odd niggles off and on the ball no real animosity amongst the players.
Super tournament that you Oz for a real great sporting event and to the players and fans who made it extra special.Right I'm off to sign up for Penzance and Newlyn if they'll have me. [lol]

jjc
23-Nov-03, 19:44
kept us two girlies glued to the telly with lots of ohhhhh

Was that the rugby, or the chaps running around all sweaty in shorts and muscle-hugging, lycra tops??? ;)

squidge
24-Nov-03, 00:04
jjc

a bit of both if the truth be known lol

nifer
24-Nov-03, 23:42
YES! I must agree. Congratulations England. It was Jonny Wilkinson who rained on our world cup parade, what a player. The World Cup was a stunning encounter- with all the drama of the Olympics and the AFL Grand Final rolled into one.
It was a great occasion, even for Aussies more famillier with other football codes.
England were too big too strong and too aggressive for Australia.
A close game is always a good game. Well done Aussies for coming back form the dead only to be thwarted with a minute left on the clock.
Rugby is the true winner here it was on the edge of disaster, today it is a triumph to match the Olympics after a final few will forget.
See you Jonny! ...... In France! :D

Nifer

Kenn
27-Nov-03, 23:15
Johnson,Dallaglio and Wilkinson are standing before God at the throne of Heaven.God looks at them and says "Before granting you a place at my side I must first ask what you believe in."

Addressing Johnno fisrt he asks "What do you believe?"
Johnson looks God in the eye and states passionately "I believe Rugby to be the food of life. Nothing else brings so much unbridled joy to so many people, from the grim north to the bright lights of Twickenham.I have devoted my life to bring such joy to people who stand on the terraces supporting their club and their country."

God looks up and offers Johnno the seat to his left.

He turns to Lawrence,"And you Lol, what do you believe?" Lol stands tall and proud "I believe courage,honour and passion are the fundamentals to life and I have spent my whole career providing a living embodiment of these traits."

God moved by the passion of the speech offers Dallaglio the seat to his right.

Finally he turns to Wilkinson "and you Johnny, what do you believe?"

"I believe " says Wilkinson, "you are sitting in my seat"

(No offence offered or intended)