PDA

View Full Version : High Street Wick

Wick66
02-Jul-09, 14:46
The new tar has just been layed on High Street and the pot holes have gone. The council have turned up and are painting the lines on the nice new road. AND THE HYDRO HAVE JUST TURNED UP AND DUG IT UP AGAIN OUTSIDE THE PARISH CHURCH.

Invisible
02-Jul-09, 15:55
Communication is obviously not a strong point

AfternoonDelight
02-Jul-09, 16:04
No - the Hydro have NOT turned up and dug it all up again. I passed it this morning and the Hydro have dug up a little patch on the PAVEMENT outside the Parish Church.

Calm down, for goodness sakes!! :roll:

Even if they have - what if you had something wrong with your electricity supply? Would you expect the Hydro to do nothing abot it because the road had just been tarred? NO! You would expect them to sort it right away, wouldn't you?

People have been moaning about this street for ages and the council have done something about it eventually. Wind yer neck in.

TRUCKER
02-Jul-09, 16:12
It wasnt up to the council it was the contractor that was the hold up

Wick66
02-Jul-09, 16:19
No - the Hydro have NOT turned up and dug it all up again. I passed it this morning and the Hydro have dug up a little patch on the PAVEMENT outside the Parish Church.

Calm down, for goodness sakes!! :roll:

Even if they have - what if you had something wrong with your electricity supply? Would you expect the Hydro to do nothing abot it because the road had just been tarred? NO! You would expect them to sort it right away, wouldn't you?

People have been moaning about this street for ages and the council have done something about it eventually. Wind yer neck in.

Ok. But if you pass it again this afternoon you will see that they are now digging the road. And part of the problems with the last surface was that it was dug up several times and here we are again. Tar layed yesterday, Hole dug today. If this was an emergency then yes it has to be sorted, but there seems to be a bit of history repeating its self here. No sooner is the road repaired than we start to mess it up again.

northener
02-Jul-09, 19:31
I believe one of the main problems with the previous job was that the tar supplied was not of the correct standard. Hence the rapid deterioration in parts.

Venture
02-Jul-09, 19:53
I believe one of the main problems with the previous job was that the tar supplied was not of the correct standard. Hence the rapid deterioration in parts.

Shoddy roads, that's what you end up with when you cut corners. [lol]

im behind you
02-Jul-09, 20:01
i think he is right i herd that sinclairs was getting there tar from alness or some where like that and by the time it got up here it was d

Alice in Blunderland
02-Jul-09, 20:04
Shoddy roads, that's what you end up with when you cut corners. [lol]

With the latest Highland Council savings that are planned Im sure there will be so many more corners cut everywhere that HC will be able to make a square look like a circle. :lol:

weeksider
02-Jul-09, 22:25
WAS NOT W & A SINCLAIRS CONTRACTORS FAULTS BUT THE SUPPLIERS OF THE TAR
BUT STILL BAD BUMP IN ROAD OUTSIDE THE P O
YELLOW Lines done but when WILL White lines getting done

northener
03-Jul-09, 09:30
WAS NOT W & A SINCLAIRS CONTRACTORS FAULTS BUT THE SUPPLIERS OF THE TAR
BUT STILL BAD BUMP IN ROAD OUTSIDE THE P O
YELLOW Lines done but when WILL White lines getting done

Yup, the tar was supplied sub-standard...nothing to do with Sinclairs.

Wot yer want white lines for? Can't you steer without them?:Razz

joxville
03-Jul-09, 10:01
Who supplied the asphalt? A reputable manufacturer would have a quality control system in place to stop sub-standard material leaving the depot.

lister
03-Jul-09, 20:04
When will they sort the roads that need it most?
The road south from the cliff to the outskirts of town is a disgrace,i went this way in my friends lowered car and felt i should contact a dentist and chiropractor after the run.
Also a mechanic for ma friends car wi all the bits falling off cos o the kicking his suspension got.

Honestly at this rate we'll all need hover cars to protect us fae the pot holes!

pultney lass
07-Jul-09, 17:54
The road from the Seaforth Club south doesn't belong to the council, it belongs to Transerve as I have just put a claim in for my suspension springs on the car because of the state of the pot holes in the road.

AfternoonDelight
08-Jul-09, 15:20
South Road won't be repaired until at least next year. There was a dispute over who was taking responsibility for the drainage. This has been sorted but the work won't begin for a while yet - and Transerve aren't going to resurface it until after the work is completed.

It is a disgrace and they are being pushed to get the work done quicker but whether they will or not remains to be seen.

tonkatojo
08-Jul-09, 17:19
The road from the Seaforth Club south doesn't belong to the council, it belongs to Transerve as I have just put a claim in for my suspension springs on the car because of the state of the pot holes in the road.

It will be interesting to hear if you get anywhere with your claim, but good luck.