PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine!!!

neepnipper
02-Jul-09, 12:09
Wow, what lovely weather we've been having, my thermometer said it was 24 degrees this morning, was wondering what is the highest recorded temperature for Caithness?

Is the sunshine going to last?

bobbyrussell09
02-Jul-09, 12:25
dont know what it was but i dare say not anywhere near as this

Kodiak
02-Jul-09, 12:53
It is beautiful weather I agree but it is terrible for me. It is just too HOT and I have to stay inside with two fans blowing on me while I look out the window.

So if you can get out do so and enjoy the Sunshine but please remember to keep applying the Sun Lotion.

ShelleyCowie
02-Jul-09, 13:04
The sun is lovely but me and athrun are finding it just too hot! So he is sitting in a wee paddling pool. Indoors because em...well to hide his pride! [lol]

Dont mind the water going on the carpet. It will dry. I have it covered in towels anyway!

And he seems alot happier! Might join him! haha!

bobbyrussell09
02-Jul-09, 13:58
That sound like fun , think i need to get a paddling pool

Fluff
02-Jul-09, 14:30
It is nice, but in the afternoon it is very intense. It is 30+ degrees down here, sweating constantly!
Our air-con is broken at work too so we just cannot win. Got in last night (was out of the flat all evening) and it was like the oven and c-heating had been on FULL blast!

butterfly
02-Jul-09, 17:24
It is beautiful weather I agree but it is terrible for me. It is just too HOT and I have to stay inside with two fans blowing on me while I look out the window.

So if you can get out do so and enjoy the Sunshine but please remember to keep applying the Sun Lotion.

I am the same Kodiak,i go out for wee while then back in the house again.Not complaining though,it is nice to see the sun!

kmahon2001
02-Jul-09, 22:04
Wow, what lovely weather we've been having, my thermometer said it was 24 degrees this morning, was wondering what is the highest recorded temperature for Caithness?

Went out in my car this morning and the built-in thermometer in the car said it was 28 degrees and I'm sure it got much hotter than that by mid afternoon. Also, a couple of days ago I put a thermometer in a sheltered, shaded spot in my garden and the temperature was 27 degrees at 5pm. What I don't understand is how the weather people on the telly keep saying the maximum temperatures being reached are 23 or 24 degrees and that's in the west of the country, not here - they keep saying temperatures here are only reaching 20 or 21 degrees. Where do they get their figures from? They don't seem to bear any resemblance to the actual temperatures.:confused:

ett23
02-Jul-09, 23:24

I like to keep an eye on tugmistress' website cos it has the daily stats from scrabster and there's a link to keiss aswell. Today it got up to 30c at 2.54pm in Scrabster, and Keiss was 28c at 8am but cooled down later on to about 20c. All I can say is - it's too hot!!! :eek:
Here's the link: http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=8

Bobinovich
03-Jul-09, 00:17
Just checked that link - wanted to find out how much rain fell in that short time, but the last reading was 4.15pm! Any idea how often it's updated? or has Tuggs equipment been affected by the weather?

Margaret M.
03-Jul-09, 03:14
I'm really glad I didn't pick this week to come home. The older I get the more I like being out in the sunshine and warm temps every day but not being able to escape the heat is miserable. 90 degree weather is the norm here during the summer and I enjoy it, thanks to air conditioning.