anyone else signed up for it?

Good luck....;)

joxville
02-Jul-09, 20:45
anyone doing the CLIC sergent zip slide

I've just put my registration form off and coerced a pal into doing it as well

hiya, i'm doing the zip slide as well and i can't wait for it!! :D
Good luck to both of you, I wish I could come up and take part, *I love zip slides.

*Though being a Casanova you should see my zip slide.;)

shazzap
02-Jul-09, 20:47
What is it????:confused

joxville
02-Jul-09, 20:51
What is it????:confused

Here's some images you can look at: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=zip+slide&FORM=BIFD#

shazzap
02-Jul-09, 20:54
Here's some images you can look at: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=zip+slide&FORM=BIFD#

Right, with you now. :)

iain
02-Jul-09, 21:06
Yes my daughter and I are both doing it.

Moira
02-Jul-09, 21:15
anyone doing the CLIC sergent zip slide

I've just put my registration form off and coerced a pal into doing it as well

I'll think about it. If this is the same sort of thing I did at the Fairburn Activity Centre a few years ago, earning my team double points, I could, perhaps, be convinced to do it again.....maybe.....:eek:

joxville
02-Jul-09, 21:23
Go on Moira, it's for a good cause. :D

christina
02-Jul-09, 21:26
Yip my niece and I are doing it cant wait, will be good and money is going to a good charity aswell so even better. I dont like heights though:lol:.

Dynamic Sounds
02-Jul-09, 21:47
I won't be doing the zipslide, but I will be there playing music and entertaining the crowd and zippers (if that is the collective noun for persons who zip slide?)

Spoke to the guy from Inverness who is running it, and from what he is saying, it is going to be a great day, and a great fundraiser. See you all there!

Katy
02-Jul-09, 22:28
I'm doing it too! Can't wait!! Should be a good day and then onto the gala at night :D
Kxx

Moira
03-Jul-09, 00:26
Go on Moira, it's for a good cause. :D
Hmmmm..... I'm getting bad vibes here in the form of rotten eggs and squishy tomatoes :lol:

George Brims
03-Jul-09, 00:32
Google "icy strait point zip line" and click on videos to see the one the Mrs and I did last year. Just over a mile long, 1,300 feet higher at top than bottom! I realised how fast it was when the bloke at the top told us, if you find yourself twisting to the left, just stick out your right hand, or vice versa! It was great fun. Hersel screamed from the top all the way to the bottom. I did conclusively prove you can't take decent pictures on a 65mph zip line!

Margaret M.
03-Jul-09, 03:23
I dont like heights though.

I don't like heights either but I zip lined in a rain forest in Costa Rica a few months back and I loved it! Great fun and awesome views. It wasn't as high as the zip line that George did in Alaska though --- not sure I could tackle that one.

lynne duncan
06-Jul-09, 14:28
http://www.justgiving.com/Lynne-Duncan-wickriver-zipslide

would love it if anyone cares to sponsor me, thank you to anyone who does

weeksider
06-Jul-09, 14:35
Good Luck to Lynne & Celtic88chick on doing and raising lots of money

ClachanHope
06-Jul-09, 18:27
Sorry to be ignorant, but when and where is this zip slide happening?

Dynamic Sounds
06-Jul-09, 20:29
It is happeneing at the riverside in Wick, well actually from beside the police station to the riverside, on Sat 25 July

lynne duncan
06-Jul-09, 21:56
on saturday 25th july the first day of the wick gala on am and pm we were told and they are organising archery for 10's and over and face painting and other events as well
all proceeds to Clic Sargent

should be a laugh for a good cause and a different way to start the gala week

clic sargent did one across the river ness last year
pictures posted here of last years event
http://www.northsport.com/2008archive/CSZIP08/fr1.html

mumof2
08-Jul-09, 12:06
hi i'm doin the zip slide aswell. my friend so very kindly signed me up for it even though i am terrified of heights! i'm half dreading it but half excited. it'll b something to tell the grandkids in years to come:lol: good luck

sweepy
08-Jul-09, 19:54
HI MAM SEE YOU ARE GOING TO TRY THE ZIP SLIDE ARE YOU BRAVE OR STUPID IT IS THE BIGGEST ZIP SLIDE TO HIT THE NORTH IT IS GOING TO LEAVE FROM SCAFFOLDING BUILT UP BESIDE THE POLICE STATION GOING OVER THE TREES AND DOWN ONTO THE RIVERSIDE GOOD LUCK :eek:
I WILL BE WAITING FOR A PHOTO AT THE OTHER END LOVE LUCYXX

lynne duncan
08-Jul-09, 20:33
so far about 50 or 60 doing this slide still time for more folk to sign up
all for a good cause
come on all you orgers join in and try something something different

and yes sweep i think its not brave so that leaves the latter!!!

lynne duncan
16-Jul-09, 21:11
bump bump bump

anyone else fancy doing this?
come and join in the fun

lynne duncan
16-Jul-09, 22:36
yikes i've been off for a couple of days and just got round to checking my emails - got my time for doing this 9.20am so if anyone wants to come and cheer or jeer me on, please come on and support this good cause.
and if you're not coming please don't be scared if you hear one heck of a scream at this time of the morning !!!!