PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Of The Glen

Kevin Milkins
01-Jul-09, 21:13
I was just watching the Monarch Of The Glen (nought else on) and the story line was about the Monarch was not catching any trout in his well stocked loch that should have been the pride of the Highlands for fishing.:mad:

The Monarch was having a discussion with his gillie about why the fish was not biting and he replied that they should be easier to pull than women at a grab-a-granny disco in Wick.:eek:

Now I find that remark slightly over the top, as I have lived in Wick for over three years and I have not been to any pub that holds a grab-a-granny night, or do you have to be in the know?:roll:

ciderally
01-Jul-09, 21:15
tee hee ha ha ha....oh there is plenty...tee hee hee

joxville
01-Jul-09, 22:00
What's wrong with your pulling power Kev? If you can't get two at 35 go for a 70yr old. [lol]

Does Mrs M. know that she's soon to be replaced? :eek:

Kevin Milkins
01-Jul-09, 22:13
What's wrong with your pulling power Kev? If you can't get two at 35 go for a 70yr old. [lol]

Does Mrs M. know that she's soon to be replaced?

The only thing I pull nowadays is my hair out.:confused

Mr's M is the only granny that I would wish to grab, but the referance on the Monarch Of The Glen made my ears cock.

When I lived in the Midlands, Swancote on a Friday night was grab-a-granny night and when I lived in Wales the talk was Baverstock's near Merthyer was the place to be and although I have never had a need for such a facility it came as a supprise to what was said on the Monarch Of The Glen.:eek:

poppett
01-Jul-09, 22:17
Bear in mind Kevin the series is quite old, and in the era of the programme "grab a Granny" night in Inverness was Wednesday in the Douglas Hotel, and during the summer season, Thursday in Strathpeffer at the Pavillion, and Wick at the Rosebank visitors cabaret, Tuesday and Thursday.

spurtle
01-Jul-09, 22:38
I remember seeing that episode.This was a few months after having had some guests from London, with a screen writer for the Beeb.We all went out to Wick , they saw the Camps and wanted to go in. The youngest one (18yrs) was accosted by an elderly woman, and couldn't get away.For the rest of their stay they all wound him up with "Grab a Granny" comments. I always wondered whether that came from that night.