PDA

View Full Version : Highland Council Cuts £100 million

Countryman
01-Jul-09, 17:29
Mr Rosie's comments in todays Courier says these cuts are horrific but they have to be made as easy as possible. One suggestion let the Councillors take a cut reduce their numbers by 10% that would make a real difference. Let them lead by example and reduce the overheads.

cuddlepop
01-Jul-09, 18:13
Stop employing people in "wasted" jobs.
Who needs a "nappy" officer.:confused

Alice in Blunderland
01-Jul-09, 18:28

My first thought to this question was there is so much more crap around in HRC these days that a nappy officer to help catch it all is a must............:lol:

weeksider
01-Jul-09, 18:30
Stop some council high graded workers running in school sports in council Gear /boots and in Council time , but sadly not winning

starry
01-Jul-09, 18:51
Oh my lord, what is a nappy officer ?

cuddlepop
01-Jul-09, 21:20
My first thought to this question was there is so much more crap around in HRC these days that a nappy officer to help catch it all is a must............:lol:

I just knew you couldnt resit that one and its saved me from using a banned word.:lol:

cuddlepop
01-Jul-09, 21:22
Oh my lord, what is a nappy officer ?

We actually have a work shop sometime soon over here, whereby the "nappy officer" is advocating the "enviromentally friendly real nappies".:lol:

bobbyrussell09
01-Jul-09, 21:42
thought i had heard it all ,but a nappy officer oh my:eek:

WICKER09
01-Jul-09, 22:02
The council could save Money by only Paying there staff for the hours they work eg- Bin Recycling Men working some days for 3 hrs and getting paid for EIGHT.
Stop the wasted mileage and fuel on vans when staff take the vans home at night instead of parking in the Yard

Mrs Bucket
01-Jul-09, 22:42
The council could save Money by only Paying there staff for the hours they work eg- Bin Recycling Men working some days for 3 hrs and getting paid for EIGHT.
Stop the wasted mileage and fuel on vans when staff take the vans home at night instead of parking in the Yard
I second that and that is only the tip of a very large iceberg.

celtic lass
01-Jul-09, 22:51
Mr Rosie's comments in todays Courier says these cuts are horrific but they have to be made as easy as possible. One suggestion let the Councillors take a cut reduce their numbers by 10% that would make a real difference. Let them lead by example and reduce the overheads.
I wholly agree with what you've said,but they won't.Last year it was the cleaning budgets that was cut to the bone and i mean cut to the bone.No longer is there DEEP CLEANS done in the schools during the holidays and cleaning jobs lost.The councilors were even asked through the editors letters in the local rag to come and do a a cleaning shift in a large school but surprise surprise none of them answered.Do you think maybe they are scared of HARD WORK?lol:roll:

fingalmacool
02-Jul-09, 00:14

Who wants a nappy officer, what we need is a slappy officer, to slap all the numpties that let their dog's cack and don't pick it up, who drop litter, who refuse to work, who walk around the county with the impunity that they have nothing so they can do want they want coz the system cant harm their way of life, which suits them so don't bother saying it's not their fault, "wipe your eye's and get over it. Here endeth the rant:confused

Moi x
02-Jul-09, 00:41
One suggestion let the Councillors take a cut reduce their numbers by 10% that would make a real difference.No it wouldn't. It wouldn't even get close to £1 million never mind £100 million. Do the sums and see for yourself.

Moi x

Fly
02-Jul-09, 22:41
Who wants a nappy officer, what we need is a slappy officer, to slap all the numpties that let their dog's cack and don't pick it up, who drop litter, who refuse to work, who walk around the county with the impunity that they have nothing so they can do want they want coz the system cant harm their way of life, which suits them so don't bother saying it's not their fault, "wipe your eye's and get over it. Here endeth the rant:confused

Well said!
I know it has all been said before, but they could save some money by forgetting about bilingual signs, rather than things like education, roads etc[disgust]

Alice in Blunderland
02-Jul-09, 22:46
Well said!
I know it has all been said before, but they could save some money by forgetting about bilingual signs, rather than things like education, roads etc[disgust]

Its also been said on here that the money for the bilingual signs is 'ring fenced' by the Government it must be spent on Gaelic its not allowed to go to Education or roads etc.
:)

Cattach
03-Jul-09, 06:02

You may be correct but let us hit the multitude of high earners in HC rather than the poorly paid bin men.

My friend, a teacher, get really up tight about all the hangers on and dead wood in educational management.

Educational Psychologists touring the county telling teachers what they already know and being no help whatsever.

Quality assurance officers who have been promoted out of a teaching post they were useless at to judge other teachers.

An area manager who could not manage a sports facility and now is in charge of education.

A whole lot of experts in child behaviour who see the odd child and have lots of meetings around our area.

The huge cost of having HC officials from Inverness 'flying' around our area on expenses.

The seconded teachers who get plum jobs on short contracts and high allowances to introduce new and pretty uselss initiatives which only see the light of day until the next initiative and seconded person comes along.

And on it goes - empires growing while the teachers at the chalk face are cut and class sizes rise.

WICKER09
03-Jul-09, 14:03
You may be correct but let us hit the multitude of high earners in HC rather than the poorly paid bin men.

My friend, a teacher, get really up tight about all the hangers on and dead wood in educational management.

Educational Psychologists touring the county telling teachers what they already know and being no help whatsever.

Quality assurance officers who have been promoted out of a teaching post they were useless at to judge other teachers.

An area manager who could not manage a sports facility and now is in charge of education.

A whole lot of experts in child behaviour who see the odd child and have lots of meetings around our area.

The huge cost of having HC officials from Inverness 'flying' around our area on expenses.

The seconded teachers who get plum jobs on short contracts and high allowances to introduce new and pretty uselss initiatives which only see the light of day until the next initiative and seconded person comes along.

And on it goes - empires growing while the teachers at the chalk face are cut and class sizes rise.

Totally agree with you here.
Is that the local education manager you refer to?
There are now more Non Teaching Post in Wick High than there are teachers.

pultney lass
07-Jul-09, 11:46
are council employees not entitled to a lunch break? anyone in their right mind woudn't turn up at a kids sports day in their work uniform if they had any intension of running in a race and my guess is that so not to dissappoint his child, he only nipped in to show face and took a few minutes out of what I imagine is a busy schedule to do so, i applaud him in juggling work and family, its not easy!

weeksider
09-Jul-09, 19:07
Good idea for GALA FLOAT NIGHT
Crowd Might Whistle @ HIM
Might get a nappy rash :lol: