PDA

View Full Version : Upper Deck

Billy Boy
17-Mar-06, 21:49
My Husband took me there tonight and we had a great meal the staff are friendly and very helpful to.
I would recommend it to anyone ( especially the steak garni ):D

2little2late
17-Mar-06, 22:27
Went to the Upperdeck a few weeks ago on a night out with friends. The meal was absolutely fantastic. I had medium(size) rump steak cooked medium. The best steak I have ever had from a restaurant. I also finished off everyones leftover steak. Yum, Yum.

wicker
18-Mar-06, 09:54
Its lovely the upper deck wont get a better steak but its a bit pricey now i think, i had a medium fillet used to be like £17 but now since re-opened its about £22, some price hike

flam
18-Mar-06, 11:29
Hi all, unfortunately I don’t thing the Upped Deck is all it is cracked up to be.

The steaks are Overpriced, Basic & with very little extras for your cash.

I would like to see if anyone agrees with this or not?

Regards.

unicorn
18-Mar-06, 11:36
This post made me laugh cos I go to a holiday forum where people were complaining bitterly about a steak costing £7 - £10 in Turkey last year...... yet they pay £20+ here??

footie chick
19-Mar-06, 22:41
Had lunch in upper deck today lovely with homemade chips!
Steaks are the best dont mind paying for quality:grin:

Rheghead
19-Mar-06, 22:48
Is the Upper deck ok for anything else except steaks?:confused:

footie chick
19-Mar-06, 22:51
had lovely chicken today other half had roast beef

flam
20-Mar-06, 21:07
Footie Chick,

you wouldent hapen to be the owner of the Upper Deck would you.

PS, I have never seen the Upper Deck serve home made chips. (at last, no more greasy packet rubish)

:)

footie chick
20-Mar-06, 21:53
No I'm not flam.

Home made chips for sure

Naefearjustbeer
21-Mar-06, 01:05
£29 for a large fillet steak !!! that what they told us when we asked as the price wasnt on the menu! Needless to say we went to the Ulbster in halkirk and had a 4 course meal for £25

Rheghead
21-Mar-06, 10:40
£29 for a large fillet steak !!!

Was that each???

Rheghead
21-Mar-06, 10:42
Home made chips for sure

On the strength of that, I will try them out and woe be tied if you are having us on! :lol:

footie chick
21-Mar-06, 11:43
Needless to say we went to the Ulbster in halkirk and had a 4 course meal for £25

You should try the commercial in halkirk, kitchens reopen this weekend. better choices than the Ulbster for bar meals. Ulbsters bar menu never changes comms different every time. resturant excellent

Naefearjustbeer
21-Mar-06, 21:20
Was that each???

Yes we had booked in advance and asked for a copy of the menu. The large fillet steak said price on request, so we requested it. £29 for the steak and £2 extra on top for pepper sauce. So by the time you have a a starter (probally £4.50) and a pudding (about £4) and a few drams!!! it would be quite a whack when the bill comes!!!!!

Naefearjustbeer
21-Mar-06, 21:22
You should try the commercial in halkirk, kitchens reopen this weekend. better choices than the Ulbster for bar meals. Ulbsters bar menu never changes comms different every time. resturant excellent

I have heard quite a few good reports about the Comm. Have yet to try it but I am sure I will get round to it soon

outsider
03-Apr-06, 17:06
The upper deck in my opinion has totally gone downhill.

Fair enough the place is looking much better but there is no need for such a price hike!!

I was out for a meal the other evening, the plates were cold, the veg was lukewarm and the meal was dry.

I can tell you now that the chips are not homemade,they are frozen. The only difference is that they have changes supplier.

I won't be going back for a long time.

dragonfly
03-Apr-06, 21:39
I've been there twice in the last month, first time I thought the steak was dry and the veg had seen better days but last week was superb, couldn't fault anything (apart from a dozy waitress who took away the steak knives!)

golach
04-Apr-06, 09:27
Yes we had booked in advance and asked for a copy of the menu. The large fillet steak said price on request, so we requested it. £29 for the steak and £2 extra on top for pepper sauce. So by the time you have a a starter (probally £4.50) and a pudding (about £4) and a few drams!!! it would be quite a whack when the bill comes!!!!!

£29!!!!!! for a steak, what a rip off, you could buy half a coo for that, I know why the Upper Deck has big windows....its till see you coming:lol:

clash67
05-Apr-06, 00:34
Wow!! imagine a young lad on a low wage taking his girlfriend out to the upper deck for a meal...he would be praying that she was a vegetarian without an appetite!

chamb
22-Jul-06, 18:56
Had lunch in upper deck today lovely with homemade chips!
Steaks are the best dont mind paying for quality:grin:
sorry to say that they dont do there own chips they are bought in

outsider
14-Aug-06, 23:57
The Upper Deck now have a menu on all day.
Set prices of £8.50 for 2 courses and £10.50 for 3.
I think thats reasonable, No steaks of course.
Think theres pate, soup, Prawn cocktail or , then Lamb, beef or chicken and then theres some sweets. Can't rember them right now though.:roll:
Thats better for young boys taking out their girlfriends..:lol:

Naefearjustbeer
15-Aug-06, 01:14
Aye but what girl is going to be impressed when her boy takes her too a place known for its steak and says here pick off of this menu and have some chicken, cause I am too tight to pay for a fillet steak.

outsider
15-Aug-06, 22:04
mayb sum ppl dont like steaks u dumbass!!

connieb19
15-Aug-06, 23:01
mayb sum ppl dont like steaks u dumbass!!I'd be happy with a bowl of soup if someone was buying it for me.:roll:

Naefearjustbeer
15-Aug-06, 23:51
mayb sum ppl dont like steaks u dumbass!!

Excuse me. Does your mum know you are up this late on a school night.

outsider
17-Aug-06, 01:20
Probly not.
It may be a school night...but I'm not going as I'm not a pupil!!!!!

obalam
17-Aug-06, 18:41
Went a couple of weeks ago on a Monday and it was absolutely terrible. Will not be going back for a long time. What a waste of money.

Naefearjustbeer
17-Aug-06, 21:01
It is a place I wont be visiting again(unless it has a major rethink on quality price and service). Price hikes and poor quality service and food are not the best way to keep customers coming back.

outsider
17-Aug-06, 23:46
theres nothing wrong with the service.
Well the waitress I had was good, supose not everyone is up to scratch.

jings00
18-Aug-06, 14:37
I don't rate their steaks, nothing wrong with them but i just don't see what everyone raves on about.

Naefearjustbeer
19-Aug-06, 00:49
A good steak from the upper deck only rates as OK in my book. A crap steak is crap and nowhere else in the town serves anything like a decent bit of steak. I would rather get a couple of fillets steaks from Bews and cook em myself at home. Far tastier and tender than anything I have had out of a restaurant anywhere. Its just a pity that we have to do all the washing up afterwards [evil]