PDA

View Full Version : Kirkintilloch

Rheghead
30-Jun-09, 23:09
I have the opportunity very soon to spend a few days in Kirkintilloch. I have the option of bowing out on the offer but what I want to know is if it can be a nice place to go as a tourist? :)

Has anybody got a couple of suggestions on what to visit there?:confused

PantsMAN
30-Jun-09, 23:16
:confused KirkintilloCH

Rheghead
30-Jun-09, 23:18
:confused KirkintilloCH

same difference:lol:

It's funny how more serious shortcomings in spelling go unchallenged or if they do then they become trivialised?

Anne x
30-Jun-09, 23:20
Kirkintulloch rheg

Rheghead
30-Jun-09, 23:21
Kirkintilloch rheg

I believe there are some nice lochs on the canal?

Anne x
30-Jun-09, 23:23
lol aye ;)

Metalattakk
30-Jun-09, 23:35

Where's 'Loch not Lock' when you need him? ;)

Anne x
30-Jun-09, 23:41
Where's 'Loch not Lock' when you need him? ;)

LOL agree ----------;)

thebigman
01-Jul-09, 07:08
Stayed in Kirkie 30 odd years ago. Wouldn't say it's a tourist trap. Canal was ok for fishing as a bairn and the Campsie Hills are not far away and quite bonnie.

PantsMAN
01-Jul-09, 07:38

It's funny how more serious shortcomings in spelling go unchallenged or if they do then they become trivialised?

(Glad to see the spelling of the place name is now in the original language :roll: - as you say Rheghead, speling and gramer is what is shocking here.)

I've never been to Kirkintilloch - to keep on thread of course!

arana negra
01-Jul-09, 07:46
Don't think I have been there so cannot help :)

What is trivial to one is not so trivial to others, depends on your upbringing and personal standards. I also get a wee bit annoyed at 'oks' when it is obviously 'ochs' :D

Locks are whit ye get on a door, lochs are expanses o' water and usually awfi bonnie.

It is a lovely morning here, I am off to try and sort out more of my trip back to Scotland :) and the bit doon the bottom o' it. Have a good day.

ett23
01-Jul-09, 16:19
My great aunt and uncle live there and I have memories of the place as a child but sadly that was a long time ago and my general impression of it wasn't that good - just a boring town really. Then again I wasn't into tourist attractions much when I was that young!! :roll:

poppett
01-Jul-09, 16:22
Went to a function at the Miners club in Kirkintilloch over 30 years ago. Brilliant night, but as it was in the winter we arrived in the dark and left in the wee sma` oors, so no idea what the place was like.