PDA

View Full Version : Artical in paper

Bartlett Boy
30-Jun-09, 22:31
hi has anyone else read that artical in the sun about the pow camp diabolical it makes my blood boil when folk say derogatoray thing about caithness i quote "run down housing estate in watten "

Kevin Milkins
30-Jun-09, 22:58
hi has anyone else read that artical in the sun about the pow camp diabolical it makes my blood boil when folk say derogatoray thing about caithness i quote "run down housing estate in watten "

You may have to be a bit broader or supply a link for those of us that don't take the Sun.:confused

Kevin Milkins
30-Jun-09, 23:08
Is this the story BB?

Google reveals secrets of Camp 165 | The Sun |Features (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2505310/Google-reveals-secrets-of-Camp-165.html)

Tubthumper
30-Jun-09, 23:14
What's wrong with that artical? Looks fine to me, and anything that encourages people to have a look, maybe come for a visit, is good in my book.

golach
30-Jun-09, 23:28
That is ancient and well written about history Bartlett Boy, just lek 'e Sun, gets it late as usual, they must have needed a page filler, maybe Pepsi is now working for the Sun[lol]

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Jul-09, 10:03
Aye, they're only about a year-and-a-half late. Nowt to do with me, though, golach. Perhaps Valerie's the motive here; to sell more books, perhaps? You there, Val?

achingale
01-Jul-09, 11:08
It is really about the Hungarian photographer Halasz who won the Google Prize for his Photo of the camp, not the book. Besides, everyone knows The Sun makes up stuff if they want a sensationalist story. I have spoken to Valerie and she is furious that they put it was the Guantanamo Bay of its day. She was asked about that comparison and says she flatly denied it.

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Jul-09, 11:10
Sun does what Sun wants, unfortunately. Just ask those from Liverpool.

scrumpysteve
01-Jul-09, 13:55
Sun does what Sun wants, unfortunately. Just ask those from Liverpool.

Quite right Pepsi! I wouldn't wipe my backside with that paper, even if I was desperate, after Hillsborough! [lol]

TracyB
01-Jul-09, 21:39
I did happen across this article when i was on my lunch break and couldnt believe they said Watten had a 'run down council estate'!!!
Guess the reporter has never seen a run down estate before? Maybe we should send a picture for them to compare!:lol:;)

Tighsonas4
02-Jul-09, 10:36
to me thats a lot of crap, have only been there at dances while on leave but had close relatives live ther all there lives one even married one of the polish lads.theres still some alive today belonging watten who wouldnt take very kindly all this
anyone would think it was belsen tony