PDA

View Full Version : July 1st - Canada Day

David Banks
30-Jun-09, 12:11
They'll be whooping it up in Ottawa for sure, and then those of us out in the 'provinces' well, we get a day's holiday - yipee!
We are, well we were 100 years old in 1967, so that makes us uh - older than a hundred.
We will all have fireworks and a barbecue (but we can't match the hooplah south of the border on the 4th).
Happy Canada day to everybody !!!

Hibeechick
30-Jun-09, 12:39
Happy Canada day!

Remember being in Vanvoucer in 2002 for Canada day. Was an absoloutely fantastic atmosphere!

canuck
30-Jun-09, 15:14
We will be celebrating July 1 tomorrow in Edinburgh too.

It is the annual leaving assembly at the Primary School where I am the chaplain.

My son has provided enough Canadian flags for all the kids. We should have quite a celebration! :)

rich
30-Jun-09, 15:25
Celebrations may be a little marred in Toronto as we endure our second week of a garbage strike. The Toronto Star says if its paper or recyclable bring it to work.
The Star says all big buildings have arrangements of their own for disposing of garbage.
The ethics are a little murky though. I could bring in little bags and dump them at my cubicle. But I might be given a reprimand. I suppose I could look surprised and say "it's not mine."
Or, on the other hand I could leave it in the elevator or under the table in the board room. Then there is our notoriously tight-assed epidemiological expert who would freak completely at finding a pile of old newspapers or empty Kleenex boxes or plastic discarded designer water bottles - how gratifying! And we have several ladies from the Muslim world whose garb is ideal for smuggling stuff.
Looking on the bright side, a couple of weeks ago the strike at the Liquor Control Board was settled - after unseemly mob scenes as people fought to get their local spiritous refreshment.
Canada Day is tomorrow and most of us at work are toiling away with even less enhtusiasm than usual. Why not have the holiday on a Monday each year to have three clear days.
Whoever proposes that has my vote....

Rheghead
30-Jun-09, 15:28
Happy Canada Day to all canucks.

canuck
01-Jul-09, 11:55
July 1 it is! It think that the weather is better today in Scotland than it is in most parts of Canada.

I'm dressed in red and white and waving my flag. And I just heard on the radio that there is a high ranking parliamentarian from Quebec celebrating with the MSPs and the Queen at Holyrood.

golach
01-Jul-09, 11:57
Happy Canada day Canuck, much warmer than than when we met on Canada Day last year :)

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Jul-09, 12:21
Happy Canada Day. My partner and her band, The Shee, are currently sunning themselves on Vancouver Island, the lucky beggars.

cuddlepop
01-Jul-09, 13:48
To all our Canadians.

Happy Canada Day.:D:D:D

TRUCKER
01-Jul-09, 13:52
Happy canada day to all our canadian orgers and friends have a great day:)

sassylass
01-Jul-09, 17:20
Happy Canada Day, especially to my cousin Margot, recently moved to Edmonton and to my pal Betty, you know where you are!

I've fond memories of being in Victoria on Canada Day, what a party! The crush of people was so tight, I could lift my feet off the ground and move with the crowd. I became intimately involved with the man in front of me, much to Mr Sassy's dismay [lol]

Moira
03-Jul-09, 00:49
Oh dear - I missed it. I do hope that all our Canadian friends will accept my apologies and I trust that you all had a great day. :D

Betty
03-Jul-09, 02:26
Thank you all for your good wishes as we celebrated Canada's 142nd birthday. Fine weather here made our day great.

Ojibwa
03-Jul-09, 14:43
A little late, but Happy Canada Day everyone!:) Hope you all had a great one. We went to our local celebrations but it was a bit dissapointing, chilly weather, ridiculous prices for balloons and face painting ($5):eek: and fireworks cancelled due to the fact it was lashing rain!

I wish I could have swapped it for the beautiful day at Wick Harbourfest.

Oh well, maybe next year.

xox