PDA

View Full Version : Public Benches/picnic tables in Caithness?

Rheghead
29-Jun-09, 22:07
I've only found a couple of benches in west Caithness but where are the rest elsewhere in Caithness? I'd love to rest there for a few moments!

joxville
29-Jun-09, 22:25
Maybe you should join www.benchwatch.co.uk (http://www.benchwatch.co.uk)

Stack Rock
29-Jun-09, 22:30
Staxigoe harbour has a couple. Also Latheronwheel harbour which has a BBQ. Wick riverside has few. Keiss opposite the football pitch

Alice in Blunderland
29-Jun-09, 22:38
Thrumster swing park has two picnic benches. You can rest your bum there any time. :)

chaz
29-Jun-09, 23:25
Camster forest has one and watten loch thats two more:)

Fran
30-Jun-09, 01:23
George Street,wick,Tesco in wick,Wick Riverside,wick harbour, wick braehead,

Lolabelle
30-Jun-09, 01:37
Can you actually sit on park benches in Caithness? Over here they seem to be either disgustingly dirty with bird poo or gunk that vandals delight in throwing about. [evil]

Matthew
30-Jun-09, 01:51
Theres at least one around the boat pond in Thurso.

Metalattakk
30-Jun-09, 02:22
There's four at least in the Sir George's Square in Thurso, I think.

lister
30-Jun-09, 03:05
Maybe you should join www.benchwatch.co.uk (http://www.benchwatch.co.uk)
Dont care what was posted or what topic but loverly Avatar joxi babe,ma teen sweetheart !

joxville
30-Jun-09, 06:16
Dont care what was posted or what topic but loverly Avatar joxi babe,ma teen sweetheart !

Me or Farrah? :eek: [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
30-Jun-09, 07:25
Me or Farrah? [lol]

mm That's what I love about you jox your'e so modest.
;) :Razz

arana negra
30-Jun-09, 07:43
Down here park benches are normally tiled to keep your bum cooler or scorch it lol all around there are picnic areas with tables/benches and brick built bbq's and usually plenty rubbish bins. Some by the lakes are fairly dirty, rubbish left by the fishers mostly it would seem.

The link to benchwatch did not work for me.

bobbyrussell09
30-Jun-09, 10:31
theres a few down at the old sand quarry in wick,theve tidied that up nice

joxville
30-Jun-09, 20:07
mm That's what I love about you jox your'e so modest.
;) :Razz

Thankyou ma'am, only my modesty stops me from telling people how great I am. :cool:

joxville
30-Jun-09, 20:10
*Edit
The link to benchwatch did not work for me.
I'm not surprised...I made it up. You can go ahead and be the founding member. [lol]

Vistravi
30-Jun-09, 20:32
Thankyou ma'am, only my modesty stops me from telling people how great I am.

:roll:

*Edit
I'm not surprised...I made it up. You can go ahead and be the founding member.

You're being naughty again, Naughty step for you;):lol:

achingale
01-Jul-09, 11:10
Well at least we have benches. So many places seem to think they are a waste of time. I like to sit at a bench and have a picnic - if the weather is nice of course.;)

Sage
01-Jul-09, 14:48
There were some donated by the Rotary Club by Thurso river...but I think someone said they'd been vandalised and removed [evil]

What I'd like to do to the local vandals cant be put on a website! :eek:

Kevin Milkins
01-Jul-09, 15:42
There are some nice places to sit out and have a picnic down at Lybster harbour.:D

Absolut1
01-Jul-09, 21:32
rumster forest, spittal quarry and camster forest, used to be one up towards altnabrec near the train line by a loch

David Banks
06-Jul-09, 01:21
Had no trouble on my last trip.
There were picnic tables next to the pier below Dwarick head (extreme west side of Dunnet head).
When that turned out to be too windy, we went across to Castletown/Castlehill pier, where there was two or three more, nicely shaded from the wind.

However, the oldtimers we were with seemed to know the spots well!