PDA

View Full Version : grandchildren

catran
29-Jun-09, 21:46
Is the image of old grannies and grandad's a thing of the past? Does one still do stupid things with their grandchildren and enjoy doing so? such as imaginery things like cutting out snakes and dragons with scissor, playing snakes and ladders and ludo or is that all in the distant past?even a game of snap????? Or is it all computerized? and poor old grannie and graNDAD DON'T HAVE A CLUE? do they help grandad in the garden ect\/

Or is the modern grannie and grandad in this day and age out clubbing with their new found freedom or off to AC/DC concerts or whatever and forgetting their granny and grandad's? Just wondering????

Mrs Bucket
29-Jun-09, 22:31
Is the image of old grannies and grandad's a thing of the past? Does one still do stupid things with their grandchildren and enjoy doing so? such as imaginery things like cutting out snakes and dragons with scissor, playing snakes and ladders and ludo or is that all in the distant past?even a game of snap????? Or is it all computerized? and poor old grannie and graNDAD DON'T HAVE A CLUE? do they help grandad in the garden ect\/

Or is the modern grannie and grandad in this day and age out clubbing with their new found freedom or off to AC/DC concerts or whatever and forgetting their granny and grandad's? Just wondering????
We do a mix of both modern and traditional stuff with the grandchildren both now teenagers. Was told just the other day by them that we are far "cooler" than than their parents and more fun.

beth210486
29-Jun-09, 22:33
My sister was uo recently with her two girls and they were having great fun doing tradintional things with Granny and Grandad, baking, painting stones, beach visits, fishing nets in rock pools etc. I think there are still alot of grandparents the same out there two, although I know times are changing and there are a lot who aren't like this anymore.

golach
29-Jun-09, 22:45
Just been taken out for a birthday meal by my youngest son and his wife and two teenage G'daughters, and I did what all Granddad's do.....wound them up mercilessly......[lol] Why? Cause that is what we do best, dont worry my G'daughters can give as good as they get, and they love it, as do I. :lol: I love them dearly.

router
30-Jun-09, 12:30
As im going to be a grandfather for the first time in dec i am planning on remaining the way i am.Well i hope to any way.:lol:

Tighsonas4
30-Jun-09, 13:03
have nine gd children andthree gd gd so loohing at this i come to think of one gd child we lost tragically when he was 17 and am so grateful for all the things we shared together while we were together, he has left memories that will stay with me till my dying day tony