PDA

View Full Version : Pet minder

jprd
29-Jun-09, 18:58
Small pets minded in your own home, daily visits, short or long term
Thurso town area

unicorn
29-Jun-09, 20:48
Is this an actual police checked, insured, references available, broadly experienced business or just a bit of extra cash venture?

PAH26
03-Jul-09, 01:08
I don't see what your problem is if she just wants to make a bit of extra cash. Who honestly would go to all the hassle of getting references and contacting the police for getting someone to look after say a rabbit, either you trust them or you dont. Its up to the individual to decide.

I say just ignore her remark jprd and go ahead and see what comes about, some people may need someone on short-notice and you'll bea great help

(btw my dog walking venture went quite well!)

jprd
04-Jul-09, 19:13
Aye thanks for your comments PAH 26. Someone may need to go to hospital at short notice, or someone may be going on holiday and need their pet minded in their own home. ( most pets prefer familiar surroundings ). I'm glad to hear you are doing O.K. in your own venture.

unicorn
04-Jul-09, 19:55
It is a service I may well have used but the thought of handing my house keys over to a complete stranger with no credentials frankly would worry me a lot.

Stefan
04-Jul-09, 22:41
And you think a police checked insured fancy business name stranger would be safe?
Surely you haven't heard of all the things that go on down south then....

If you can't trust anybody in Caithness then where in the world can you?

BINBOB
04-Jul-09, 22:50
and you think a police checked insured fancy business name stranger would be safe?

If you can't trust anybody in caithness then where in the world can you?

mmmmmmm.........;)

blondscot
05-Jul-09, 00:49
And you think a police checked insured fancy business name stranger would be safe?

If you can't trust anybody in Caithness then where in the world can you?

Its sad to say but these days even in Caithness with all its incomers then unless you actually know the person it would be foolish to hand over your house-keys without having some sort of background crudentials on them, as Caithness is no longer the place it once was!

Stefan
05-Jul-09, 09:39
Its sad to say but these days even in Caithness with all its incomers then unless you actually know the person it would be foolish to hand over your house-keys without having some sort of background crudentials on them, as Caithness is no longer the place it once was!

The point I was trying to make is that even background checks will not prevent you from being robbed by some "incomer".

So far I found "incomers" and locals most helpful and have gladly returned the favour where I could, when I am here.

I don't think being born and raised in Caithness is a guarantee to be non criminal, but the end of the day Caithness is the only county in the UK where I would trust people more likely than not.

There is always a risk and if you are not prepared to take it then you simply wouldn't, would you?

blondscot
05-Jul-09, 13:06
I wasna saying that being born in caithness would guarantee that they were non-criminal as there are good and bad in all places, but at one time nearly everyone knew everyone else or their families but that aint the case anymore. and as the crime rate here grows it would be safer to have background check whether it be on a caithnessian or an incomer

jprd
05-Jul-09, 20:07
Any relevant credentials will be supplied to people with genuine enquiries to this advert.