PDA

View Full Version : Halkirk Strawberries

sjr014
29-Jun-09, 13:47
Just wondered where i can buy Halkirk Strawberries from? Bought some at Harbourfest on Saturday and they were delicious much better than supermarket ones!

Cheers

Scunner
29-Jun-09, 15:03
try a local fish shop

tan422
29-Jun-09, 15:44
hey they used to be on the stalls in market square on a saturday but not sure if they are still selling them there. They are sold in the castletown butchers

ellimac
29-Jun-09, 16:41
The person who sells the Strawberries is Patricia Sutherland and she lives just outside Halkirk, she also does Raspberries and other stuff too... Her strawberries are absolutely delicious and I often get them from the market in Wick which is on Saturday mornings......:)

BINBOB
29-Jun-09, 16:52
Spar shop in halkirk.....;)

gollach
29-Jun-09, 18:49
Bews Butchers in Thurso

jings00
29-Jun-09, 21:34
think ya get em in Mackays butchers in thurso too....yummy!!

chaz
29-Jun-09, 21:36
Watten shop:)

joxville
29-Jun-09, 21:40
Butchers selling strawberries???????? :eek: Why?

Are these the same traders that complain about Tesco taking away their trade yet by selling strawberries they are taking away trade from the greengrocer? Double standards methinks.

the_big_mac
29-Jun-09, 23:01

Are these the same traders that complain about Tesco taking away their trade yet by selling strawberries they are taking away trade from the greengrocer? Double standards methinks.

What greengrocer?

butterfly
30-Jun-09, 01:14
What greengrocer?

Good question!:lol:

butterfly
30-Jun-09, 01:16

My butcher alway's sold fruit n veg long before tesco's came here.

_Ju_
30-Jun-09, 05:22

Show me a green grocer in Wick and I will go there. Been here 5 years and no green grocers during that time.

joxville
30-Jun-09, 05:53
My point exactly, the butchers have taken the greengrocers trade away and forced them all to close. :roll:

Kirdon
30-Jun-09, 07:54
My point exactly, the butchers have taken the greengrocers trade away and forced them all to close. :roll:

Ats e boy jox great reply!!

Stefan
30-Jun-09, 09:03

He's winding us up again. No butcher can compete with a proper greengrocer !
I wonder if the butchers in caithness also sell papayas, pears and cherries.

_Ju_
30-Jun-09, 09:41
My guess is that there were never real green grocers here. In "olden days" it was too remote, so only local in season produce was consumed and I doubt that with the paucity in variety that a green grocer would survive. My guess is that the butcher would always have had a section with neeps and tatties.... obviously just a guess, but it would be interesting to find out if anyone remembers a green grocer here.