PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Wayne Morrison - Canada

marionq
28-Jun-09, 16:22
In the year 2000 Ronald Wayne Morrison of Scarboro, Ontario, Canada placed an entry on Rootsweb about his great grandfather Adam Gunn Morrison. Somehow I missed this but discovered it a couple of months ago and have been searching for Ronald ever since. He obviously knew nothing except that Adam was Scottish but as Adam was my grandmother's youngest brother I have his family history going back to 1750 at least.

I have searched everywhere and even sent a few letters to Canadians with similar names but to no avail. Can I ask Canadians reading this if they have any ideas how I might find this person assuming he is still alive!

Is there a suitable newspaper popular with Canadians that I could place an advert in?

Marion

Betty
29-Jun-09, 06:29
You could check here - http://www.click411.ca/canada-white-pages.htm
I notice that on Rootsweb he is referred to as 'Wayne Morrison' in some posts.
A quick search does show three W. Morrisons listed in Scarborough. Scarborough is the area that forms the eastern part of the city of Toronto. If he has moved over the past nine years, a more widespread search could be done, using Ontario only, leaving out the city.

marionq
21-Aug-09, 14:42
Thank you Betty. By chance I came across an email address of someone on a genealogy website that I thought might also be in contact with Ronald and it worked out. I am now in regular communication with his Aunt Joan and we share information and photos and are both thrilled to bits updating our family history. Another success story!