PDA

View Full Version : More unmarked police cars should operate in Caithness

NapalmDeath74
28-Jun-09, 01:53
Right for a start I'm just sick and tried of idiots in Caithness driving at speed with a real disregard for other road users safety, I'm also sick of people illegally hunting and firing real guns near public highways and people houses in the early hours of the morning at deer, foxes, hares, rabbit or what ever and shining hunting lamps in peoples windows and I'm also sick of the police sitting on their fat bums supping coffee while all sorts of crime is going down in Caithness in the early hours of the morning. So I recommend that they have unmarked patrol cars in Caithness like they do down the line so it gives the advantage to catch these idiots.

Rheghead
28-Jun-09, 09:27
And who should pay for this extra expense? :confused

You have the added expense of the car, the extra officers and the fuel to go gallavanting all over the county 24/7.

Tighsonas4
28-Jun-09, 10:51
there are unmarked cars here periodically as some have found out to there cost [lol]as someone has said we have to pay for the extra service in the long run tony

mi16
28-Jun-09, 13:34
So responsible of you to give the registration numbers, luckily they should be due to change soon if they are 55's. I for one am very careful to check my rear view mirror for log books on the dash it is a dead give away as you say.

Why would you need to be so careful to check for log books if you arent doing anything wrong?
Maybe you should look where you are going instead at the car behind!!

davem
28-Jun-09, 13:42
I wasn't being entirely serious! - Turn on your sarcasm detector.

Loafer
28-Jun-09, 15:07
Right for a start I'm just sick and tried of idiots in Caithness driving at speed with a real disregard for other road users safety, I'm also sick of people illegally hunting and firing real guns near public highways and people houses in the early hours of the morning at deer, foxes, hares, rabbit or what ever and shining hunting lamps in peoples windows and I'm also sick of the police sitting on their fat bums supping coffee while all sorts of crime is going down in Caithness in the early hours of the morning. So I recommend that they have unmarked patrol cars in Caithness like they do down the line so it gives the advantage to catch these idiots.

I would tend to agree to a point. The worst stretch of road I know is the Thurso to Castletown at Murkle. There is a damn good reason for the 50mph speed limit, a young lassie was killed years back and the community fought for the restriction. The speed people drive on it is a downright disgrace and I for one would put speed cameras up.

The Loafer

Anji
28-Jun-09, 18:22
I would tend to agree to a point. The worst stretch of road I know is the Thurso to Castletown at Murkle. There is a damn good reason for the 50mph speed limit, a young lassie was killed years back and the community fought for the restriction. The speed people drive on it is a downright disgrace and I for one would put speed cameras up.

The Loafer

I use this stretch of road a lot, and at least once a week I get overtaken here as soon as I slow down to 50mph.
Yes, we need speed cameras here. I didn't know there had already been a fatality here, but if people don't learn to keep within the law, there will be another one.

Loafer
29-Jun-09, 19:22
post deleted

I have been on the org for a few years now and your comment must be one of the most, no the most crass i have ever seen. Ignorant beyond belief.

If it was up to me it would be 40mph all the way from Thurso to Castletown purley down to the amount of deaths that have occurred over the years. the road is a deathtrap.

That's it from me, I no longer wish to be involved with a website with such ignorant views. I'm all for free speech, but this takes the biscuit.

Bill or whoever runs this site, close down the Loafer

Good Day

brandy
29-Jun-09, 19:42
omg what is wrong with you? obviously you have no children or no parental concerns!
snip - too much information snip snip
theres the.. everyone has a right to an opinion, but that is just .... well i dont know what it is... as many years as ive been on the org i have never ever seen such callousness and disregard to human life. exspecially when it concerns the saftey and life of children.

braalterr903
29-Jun-09, 20:08
yes their should be more unmarked police cars on roads i came from thurso to nite and their was a few cars overtaking when cars were coming doing a lot more than speed limit. their be more killed driving the way they are on roads.

catran
29-Jun-09, 20:38
wrong spelling

I have been on the org for a few years now and your comment must be one of the most, no the most crass i have ever seen. Ignorant beyond belief.

If it was up to me it would be 40mph all the way from Thurso to Castletown purley down to the amount of deaths that have occurred over the years. the road is a deathtrap.

That's it from me, I no longer wish to be involved with a website with such ignorant views. I'm all for free speech, but this takes the biscuit.

Bill or whoever runs this site, close down the Loafer

Good Day

I quite agree the road is a death trap and to say such a thing is unbelievable, cannot believe my eyes when I read what was said. It is not only that road they are everywhere the fast cars with no regard to other road users. As said where iare the blinking boabies??????? Never mind unmarked cars a few marked ones might be a bit of a deterrant. Where do they go as there are plenty of them fancy boabie cars but one ever sees them out and about except at the weekends when the teeny boppers are all a fighting or fooling around..

Tighsonas4
29-Jun-09, 21:26
there was a fatal accident on that stretch of road long time ago
wont give names for sake of relatives tony

29-Jun-09, 21:28
Several posts have been edited to remove sensitive information. The next step will be to lock this thread. Thank you.

mi16
30-Jun-09, 08:54
To be honest speed cameras are called "safety cameras" they are only supposed to be installed at accident blackspots (or good revenue areas)
With no disrespect to the families of people who have tragically lost their lives on this stretch of road there is nowhere near enough accidents there to warrant a camera and also a safety camera wouldnt work in a community like Caithness for the following reasons

1. Everyone would know exactly where it was and slow down accordingly (then speed up as soon as out of range)
2. Someone would take a gas axe to it.

A better option would be the mobile camera vans or as someone said earlier a proper police prescence

The best way to get something done about the speeding is to report it to the police and they will show face a bit more

northener
30-Jun-09, 09:21
Unmarked police cars:

People say we need more. They're unmarked...so how do you know how many there are? I don't think they ride around with big stickers on saying 'Unmarked Police Car'.......:roll:

Marked police cars:

I'm on the road nearly all day every day and I see police cars all the time....

Rheghead
30-Jun-09, 12:49
People say we need more. They're unmarked...so how do you know how many there are? I don't think they ride around with big stickers on saying 'Unmarked Police Car'.......:roll:

Perhaps the first poster has detailed knowledge of police matters?:confused :roll:

northener
30-Jun-09, 14:14
Perhaps the first poster has detailed knowledge of police matters?

:Razz

As a side issue:

Last week, a friend I was out on our motorbikes on the road between Tain and Portmahomack. There's a very long strait past the old airfield on this road, we were zipping along down that road (at a fair old rate...allegedly) when up ahead (on our side of the road)I could see a couple of hatchbacks in the distance jockeying for position and weaving all over the place like a pair of prats.

As we caught them up I saw brake lights coming on and two of the cars stopped abruptly with a previously unseen third car about 20 meters further up the road. One of the cars was halfway across the carriageway. Doors were opened and people were getting out.

I pulled alongside the car that was blocking the road right next to his open door and lifted my visor to give the driver a heap of rather sharp abuse for driving like an arse and blocking the road. I'd have been more than happy to get off the bike and punch the half-wit of a driver....

...bloody chav gits in clapped out Corsas[evil].....grrrr.....

...only to find a very annoyed policeman looking back at me as if to say "what do you want?"

It was an unmarked police car collaring a couple of the local hotshots.

Don't worry officer...I'm out of here.....:eek:

Rheghead
30-Jun-09, 15:24
Last week, a friend I was out on our motorbikes on the road between Tain and Portmahomack.

It's nice around there, it reminds me of England.:Razz

northener
30-Jun-09, 15:39

That's exactly what I thought. Reminded me of the North Kent/Isle of Sheppey coastline.

Tighsonas4
30-Jun-09, 19:30
there not long in this area until the jungle drums are out and as someone has said already the fact that they are on the go and you cant tell them
cools things down a lot [lol] tony

NapalmDeath74
24-Dec-09, 19:54

You've got to make a slight dig at us English at all cost, you Scots keep banging on about us English and insault us directly and covertly but do you know Britain is being quietly invaded by Islam while our nations of Britain still in fight about creed and national identity.

Alan16
24-Dec-09, 20:30
You've got to make a slight dig at us English at all cost, you Scots keep banging on about us English and insault us directly and covertly but do you know Britain is being quietly invaded by Islam while our nations of Britain still in fight about creed and national identity.

You've got to be kidding me. Who released the idiots over the past few days?

hails4
24-Dec-09, 20:32

lol, remember where you are and in caithness i see no invastion of islam. Keep Englands problems in England. No more expenses for me please, Police are picking away up here and they are budgeted to a certain amount of staff that is applicable to our region. You want more Police, you pay. I dont take enough home as it is without paying more taxes.

joxville
24-Dec-09, 20:49

I think you should get your facts right before posting your thoughts. You see, the thing is....well....erm....Rheghead is English! [lol][lol][lol]

Kevin Milkins
24-Dec-09, 20:54
I do try and keep up to speed on what is going on, but you have lost me completely on that one.:confused

Rheghead
24-Dec-09, 20:55
I'm lost too. :~(

golach
24-Dec-09, 20:58
I'm lost too. :~(

But thats because you have no drink in the house for Crimbo night, you would not find a Jock getting into that situation, come round to my place got some new real ales for you to try [lol]

The Oracle
24-Dec-09, 21:01
Another side issue:

Whilst speeding drivers continue to be a major concern, not just on rural roads but also in our towns and villages, has anyone noticed the massive increase in people using mobiles whilst driving?

As they pass you can clearly see that they are not concentrating on their driving, the first indication usually being that they are coming at you in the middle of the road.

Recently when I was taking the bend at Skinnet going towards Thurso, a guy in a small white van, coming towards me, was clearly texting!

If the penalty for using mobiles whilst driving was more severe and clearly explained perhaps it would be a better deterrent.

How about, first offence immediate 3 month ban. Second offence immediate 6 month ban. Third offence immediate 12 month ban.

bekisman
24-Dec-09, 21:01
Don't know why they are picking on Rheggy, he's actually from England, and yes, that stretch of the road/coast IS like parts of England, fact, not racism.

northener
24-Dec-09, 21:18

What are you smoking, you numpty?

Rheggers is Engerlish and so am I. The comment was a genuine comparison, it's an area I know and have good memories of.

BTW, why have you dragged this thread out of the grave with another rant?

Eagleclaw68
25-Dec-09, 02:34
You've got to make a slight dig at us English at all cost, you Scots keep banging on about us English and insult us directly and covertly but do you know Britain is being quietly invaded by Islam while our nations of Britain still in fight about creed and national identity.

Islamic law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.

The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through the county courts or High Court....

Under the act, the sharia courts are classified as arbitration tribunals. The rulings of arbitration tribunals are binding in law, provided that both parties in the dispute agree to give it the power to rule on their case.

Next, some thoughtful analysis from the students at the GW Patriot blog:

[T]he act in question--sanctioning Muslim Sharia courts to serve as officially-recognized arbiters in British civil cases--shouldn't be so repugnant to thinking people. As liberals (and, in global terms, all of us here at the Patriot are liberal), we ought only to worry whether these courts are really as "voluntary" as they claim to be, which are similar to the Beth Din courts that decide civil cases between consenting Jews. We might find Sharia law itself repugnant, but the degree of cultural relativism inherent in liberal political institutions is there for a good reason. If we don't like it, we don't have to consent.

It's an open question just how voluntary these sorts of arrangements really can be. The possibility that participation in these courts could be coerced is there, which is worrisome enough to justify significant state oversight. That is not sufficient reason, though, to dismantle the courts entirely. We have to swallow our principles here and admit that--since we allow people to make self-harming decisions elsewhere all the time--it would make sense only to a xenophobe to stop at sanctioning a Sharia arbitration court.

Critics should examine not just the voluntary aspect of sharia, but also its fairness. How many Muslim women will be coerced by their fathers and husbands into submitting to sharia instead of taking their chances with the British court system? And how many of them, as a result of this cultural insulation, will end up being punished for—or as a result of—their gender? Anecdotal evidence suggests quite a few women will end up worse off under sharia:

There are concerns that women who agree to go to tribunal courts are getting worse deals because Islamic law favours men.

Siddiqi said that in a recent inheritance dispute handled by the court in Nuneaton, the estate of a Midlands man was divided between three daughters and two sons.

The judges on the panel gave the sons twice as much as the daughters, in accordance with sharia. Had the family gone to a normal British court, the daughters would have got equal amounts.

"I'm Scottish but proud to be part of the British Isles but I would hate this fine nations of the United Kingdom to be taken over by Islam.

horseman
25-Dec-09, 06:44
Strange--extremely strange, comments from some well liked locals. Me thinks I will close down till sanity comes back.:(

Mik.M.
25-Dec-09, 11:35
Strange--extremely strange, comments from some well liked locals. Me thinks I will close down till sanity comes back.:(
Horseman you`ll have a bloody long wait then.

upolian
25-Dec-09, 11:51
'I'm also sick of the police sitting on their fat bums supping coffee'

I find this harsh,they helped me out with a recent incident very well,they did not sit around! Just because things are not happening the way you want it does not mean the police are 'supping coffee'

thread should be closed it is ridiculous

Scorpio12thNov
25-Dec-09, 12:35
Erm...whit a strange thread this has turned in til:confused

Back til eh topic in hand, there's no way that there's going to be extra unmarked cars operating in Caithness, or even having bobbies on eh beat.

Remember this?

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/7427/Alarm_over_cuts_to_station_s_hours.html

Bazeye
25-Dec-09, 13:56
"I'm Scottish but proud to be part of the British Isles but I would hate this fine nations of the United Kingdom to be taken over by Islam.

Its already happening.

Stavro
25-Dec-09, 23:14
You've got to make a slight dig at us English at all cost, you Scots keep banging on about us English and insault us directly and covertly but ...

Your posts seem to be almost as distasteful as your username. :D