PDA

View Full Version : tesco posts

bobbyrussell09
27-Jun-09, 00:25
can we change the record ,these tesco posts are kin of two faced,bet half that posts complaints etc still shop ere

scorrie
27-Jun-09, 00:35
can we change the record ,these tesco posts are kin of two faced,bet half that posts complaints etc still shop ere

I hope Tesco burn in hell. It's nothing personal, I just can't stand them. I believe it is a sheep's shopping centre. I choose NOT to shop there. Boo Hoo, I'll just have to get by buying superior products for less money.

Wi-aye, a'm Jimmy Nail and a'm gettin' £50,000 to tell you that 60p is less than 89p. Imagine how much you could save if they weren't brainwashing you that "Every little helps", whilst paying broken down actors a fortune to state the bloody obvious.

bobbyrussell09
27-Jun-09, 00:37
so scorrie where do u shop then

purplelady
27-Jun-09, 00:39
can not see what the problem is with tesco i always shop there can get everything i want xxxxxxxxx

Vistravi
27-Jun-09, 00:57
I shop at lidls and tesco. There are so many things i can get in lidls alot cheaper than in tescos. The things i certainly only get from Tesco due to having fussy cats and hating lidls cat litter is cat food(all fish selection with a few other tins of meat) and cat litter.

crayola
27-Jun-09, 02:28
I have a lot more choice than you do in Caithness and I usually buy Tesco.

Tonight's delivery boy was sweet and I had him in my kitchen for a whole 5 minutes. Lovely. ;)

Kevin Milkins
27-Jun-09, 08:06
We try and get what we can from local suppliers, but use Lidl and Tesco for most of our shopping, but one thing Tesco have been out of stock of for over six months now is bliddy air for my tyres. :mad:

octane
27-Jun-09, 08:28

Tonight's delivery boy was sweet and I had him in my kitchen for a whole 5 minutes. Lovely. ;)

Was that part of the delivery charge...Must have been the tesco uniform :eek:

silverfox57
27-Jun-09, 08:47
tescos are here to stay,one or two posts on org,will make little change to big stores,shoppers will shop where they want,as in every town in uk,

Kenn
27-Jun-09, 10:07
Funniest thing I ever saw was a while back,had parked in the multi-storey above our local
Tesco's as I needed to use some of the shops in the area.
Having come down to street level, I was distracted by shouts of, "You don't want to shop here, they have no trolleys and the food is rubbish, I'm off to the proper shops!"
With that a very old acqauintance swept past me, huge grin on her face,with a final swish of her hips, she did a very dramatic exit from from the foyer followed by at least six other people.
On speaking to her later, I remarked that she was lucky they had not called security or worse, she burst out laughing and said,"Can you just see the headlines in the local press,Lady Mayoress arrested over Tesco fracas ?"

I still applaud her for her stance as together with other council members there had been a very long and bitter battle over allowing this particular parasitic company who had pulled every trick in the book to get planning permission for a very large town centre supermarket and which later proved the objectors correct as it has decimated what had been a lively,diversified and pleasant shopping street.

Vistravi
27-Jun-09, 11:12

Hope you didn't corrupt him Crayola;)

ShelleyCowie
27-Jun-09, 12:07

Bobby russell tut tut!! ;)

bobbyrussell09
27-Jun-09, 12:47
Bobby russell tut tut!! ;)
wat the prob ???? lol

crayola
27-Jun-09, 13:03
Hope you didn't corrupt him Crayola;)
Not too much, we discussed the relative merits of different brands of green beans, strawberries and mouthwash while he bent over and emptied his big green trays. ;)

Stefan
27-Jun-09, 13:32
I think most of us will go into Tesco at some point, however, we can all make a difference to what is on their shelves by shopping carefully.
I don't buy things that have come 2000 miles from the other side of Europe, or worse from outside Europe if a similar product can be bought from a local producer.
Tesco will only put on the shelves what we buy.

However, some things should be bought locally without going into Tesco. Surely in a rural county like Caithness there is no excuse for walking into Tesco to buy eggs or fruit and veg in the summer.

That brings me back to the question I have asked on another thread. Why is there no market in Thurso?

If there was people could sell their fruit, veg, eggs etc., all fresh and local....

Vistravi
27-Jun-09, 15:02
Not too much, we discussed the relative merits of different brands of green beans, strawberries and mouthwash while he bent over and emptied his big green trays. ;)

Enjoy the view?;)

Vistravi
27-Jun-09, 15:04
I think most of us will go into Tesco at some point, however, we can all make a difference to what is on their shelves by shopping carefully.
I don't buy things that have come 2000 miles from the other side of Europe, or worse from outside Europe if a similar product can be bought from a local producer.
Tesco will only put on the shelves what we buy.

However, some things should be bought locally without going into Tesco. Surely in a rural county like Caithness there is no excuse for walking into Tesco to buy eggs or fruit and veg in the summer.

That brings me back to the question I have asked on another thread. Why is there no market in Thurso?

If there was people could sell their fruit, veg, eggs etc., all fresh and local....

There used to be one many moons ago stefan. the car park in front of the ex woolies store and the 99p shop is where it used to be.

scorrie
27-Jun-09, 17:46
so scorrie where do u shop then

Mainly Lidl, sometimes Somerfield and occasionally the Coop.

~~Tides~~
28-Jun-09, 01:24

Fish is another thing that, living up here, should not be bought in Tesco’s. I think their fish looks disgusting anyway, especially 'smoked fish' which should be more accurately named 'food coloured and artificially flavoured fish'.

I was also told recently, by a fishing industry expert that I happened to be speaking to, to stay away from prawns and the like in Tesco’s that has come from the far east (e.g. Vietnam). This is because these fish are cultivated so cheaply, in giant tanks, over which a huge net is spread on which chickens are kept. The fish are fed by what the chickens drop into the tanks. This actually causes the fish to turn brown, so large amounts of chlorine are added to the water to make them white. Most countries won’t even allow this rubbish to be imported, yet it is sold in Asda’s and Tesco’s up and down our country!

Lingland
28-Jun-09, 09:58
Why be so negateive? I think it is wonderful to have such a choice i Caitness. I do most of my shopping at Liddle and Co-op but I love to browse in Tesco and they sometimes have great offers.

Lingland
28-Jun-09, 09:59
Why be so negateive? I think it is wonderful to have such a choice i Caitness. I do most of my shopping at Liddle and Co-op but I love to browse in Tesco and they sometimes have great offers.
oops spelling mistakes

ShelleyCowie
28-Jun-09, 11:48
95% of my shopping is from tesco. I do the online shopping because its easier for me so i dont have to take athrun in a taxi. Also we get alot of shopping.

Tesco always have good deals. But i dont buy meat from there. I buy that from the butchers.

I have no problem with tesco. :Razz

©Amethyst
28-Jun-09, 12:19
Personally I can't stand Tesco. They have bought up land near us to prevent ASDA from moving into my area. Though having said that, most of my next shopping will be from Tesco. Due to an injury I'm having to get my shopping delivered.

Normally I try Lidl for as much as I need, then Morrison's/Tesco depending on what is needed.

I have to track down some decent Cod fillets, but I'm struggling with Tesco... will have to be a pain-filled trip to Morrison's.

I can cope with most supermarkets, but I just don't feel that it's right to support a supermarket that prevents the locals from having choice to shop else where.

I guess I'm just exploiting their delivery service for my own means at the moment. Online, my next shop is going to be about £80 for the week. Normally when I am able to walk around Lidl and Morrison's, my weekly shopping costs less than £50. For the two of us that might seem like a lot but it includes the £10 or so for the brat (cat) food.

If I lived in Thurso, it would be Lidl & Co-Op... sadly, when I am in Thurso I tend to go to Tesco and spend a fortune with my little brother on junk food for my OH and him to scoff while playing video games because it's closer to my mum's house, and giving the OH directions to anywhere else would be too much hastle!

I feel sucked into the Tesco way... I would shop only at Tesco for a couple of years until I got fed up of struggling with my monthly budget etc. In the last 6 months since trying to avoid Tesco, I've been able to put a bit more into savings, buy a new laptop etc.

Hopefully once the injury has healed I will be back to shopping the cheap way!

crayola
28-Jun-09, 12:52
Enjoy the view?;)
Oh yes and he seemed to enjoy the attention. :)

Mik.M.
28-Jun-09, 13:08
oops spelling mistakes
Don`t worry Lingland,they won`t get noticed.:lol:

Creme_Egg
29-Jun-09, 00:54
lidls....cheap good for nothing waste of time
co-op.....GRANNY CENTRAL.....no thanks
somerfield.....shockingly poor quality
tesco......oooohhhhh yeaahhhh

£1 in every 8 spent in the uk is in tesco excluding petrol, so surely they must be doing something right? Where would Thurso and/or Wick be without a tesco's no?.....Still in the dark ages thats where!!!!!