PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Michael jackson.

balto
26-Jun-09, 17:05
as gizmo said his thread was not a r.i.p thread, i thought mayby we should have one, to pay respect to the world class singer/dancer that he was. dont think there will be anyone around who has'nt heard of him or enjoyed his music.

i for one am still in shock at this and keep hoping this is all a bad dream, i just feel like i have lost a friend, most of you might think thats daft but i know what i mean.

I loved all his suff but my all time favourite has to be she's out of my life, so whats been your favourite song of this legend and why.

anyone with anything negative to say please post on gizmo's thread.

R.I.P MICHAEL XX

honey
26-Jun-09, 17:07
You beat me to it Balto.

R.I.P Michael.

I cant pick a favourite song, I love the Thriller album though.

My youngest son is 2 and one of his favourites songs at the minute is ABC.. just shows his muisc is adored by young and old.

rs 2k
26-Jun-09, 17:10
My favourite song was "Earth song"

I don't know why, i think it was just the words, every time i hear it, i get butterflies

RIP Michael x x

TRUCKER
26-Jun-09, 17:12
My favourite song is thriller he was a great singer and will be missed, may he rest in peace.

scottish_willow
26-Jun-09, 17:14
Thanks Balto

I was supposed to be going to one of his concerts in July so I am gutted.

I grew up to alot of his songs so feel it is a big lose to the music industry.

R.I.P Michael

Venture
26-Jun-09, 17:27
Hopefully this thread can be free of negative comments. A chance for anyone who wishes to pay tribute to a legend for his musical qualities.

I remember many moons ago dancing to the music of the Jackson Five at the Beach Ballroom in Aberdeen.:lol: With MJ as a solo singer there are so many great songs it's hard to pick one in particular. My favourites have to be Earth Song, Beat It and Ben.

Who could ever forget the Moonwalk. MJ at his best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7MmEMrCRfc&feature=related

Liz
26-Jun-09, 18:15
Well done for starting this thread Balto.

As the news of his death has sunk in I have to say I have been feeling more and more sad.

There are quite a few tribute shows on TV and I watched a lot of his videos on TMF this afternoon and it confirms what a true talent he was.
Apart from the great songs he was also a brilliant dancer!

Like rs2k I thought Earth Song was a brilliant, and very thought provoking, song.

My heart goes out to his family, friends and fans at this sad time.

He was the King of Pop and his name will live on for a long, long time.

RIP Michael. xxx

KCI
26-Jun-09, 18:31
I had also thought of starting another thread, to celebrate Michael, so glad to see this one!

I was a huge fan of his when I was growing up, although I was never lucky enough to see him in concert.
I don't think I could pick a song as a favourite, as I loved them all!

So sad to think that he is now gone. He is a true legend and will never be forgotten.

Venture
26-Jun-09, 18:48
Well done for starting this thread Balto.

As the news of his death has sunk in I have to say I have been feeling more and more sad.

There are quite a few tribute shows on TV and I watched a lot of his videos on TMF this afternoon and it confirms what a true talent he was.
Apart from the great songs he was also a brilliant dancer!

Like rs2k I thought Earth Song was a brilliant, and very thought provoking, song.

My heart goes out to his family, friends and fans at this sad time.

He was the King of Pop and his name will live on for a long, long time.

RIP Michael. xxx

As someone said today we had all forgotten just how good he was until he was gone. :(

Serenity
26-Jun-09, 19:00
I think my favourite was Billie Jean.
I hope he finally gets some peace now.

floyed
26-Jun-09, 19:09
My favourites are Ben, Billie jean, smooth criminal, They dont care about us the list goes on and on!

R.I.P Michaelx

cuddlepop
26-Jun-09, 19:32
A brilliant performer and such a sad loss to the music industry.
I dont think he every made a song I didnt like.:(

egregory
26-Jun-09, 19:35
What can I say, he was the best icon of all time. RIP. XXXX

teenybash
26-Jun-09, 19:37
I couldn't begin to pick a favourite as I loved all of his music, his dance, his boyish smile that he never lost and most of all a gentle soul that found this life so hard. Rest in peace Michael my friend.

balto
26-Jun-09, 20:28
was having a look on youtube for songs and found you are not alone, very apt for this moment in time, for us to let michael know he isnt alone and we will always love him.xxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE5950My3qE

Sporran
26-Jun-09, 20:45
Rest In Peace, Michael. You were one of the most unique and memorable performers of my generation. A true icon. The demons that haunted you are gone. You are with the angels now.

You had so many terrific songs and videos, it's hard to pick a favourite. But you gave a dazzling performance every time. Your videos and stage performances were mesmerizing to watch! Indeed, you gave us your heart and soul. May your amazing talent and gentle nature never be forgotten!

router
26-Jun-09, 21:00
RIP. Michael you will be missed.:(

Ironically the best video of Michaels that i like is "Ghost", an artist at his best.This video is available on youtube if anyone has not seen it.

unicorn
26-Jun-09, 21:16
Rip Michael, an absolute legend who I am proud to have grown up idolising.
So many great songs but I do love dirty diana and smooth criminal

neepnipper
26-Jun-09, 21:26
The King of Pop for sure, there will never be another, hope he has found peace and happiness.

'Thriller' has got to be the best video ever made.

scorrie
26-Jun-09, 23:05
Many people in our world are born into unfortunate circumstances. Because of his natural talent, Michael Jackson was pretty much forced into a lifestyle that was pretty much unnatural. He had to be a professional, at an age when most of us are struggling to be amateurs. In some respects you could argue he was a neglected child. Denied the carefree learning curve that most of us went through as kids, he was obviously unable to make the complex transition from child to adult. As a Man, you can say he has failed, but as a Master of the craft he chose to ply, you cannot deny his genius. Anyone would sell their Granny to have ONE of the many hits Michael had. His Thriller and Bad albums were sublime and Off The Wall was an excellent piece if work in its own right. I do not believe his later works were as good but he was a showman Par Excellence who had more talent in his smallest fart than his detractors have in their combined bodies.

Liz
26-Jun-09, 23:07
Very, very well said Scorrie and totally agree with you.

A sad day.:~(

ett23
26-Jun-09, 23:15
Many people in our world are born into unfortunate circumstances. Because of his natural talent, Michael Jackson was pretty much forced into a lifestyle that was pretty much unnatural. He had to be a professional, at an age when most of us are struggling to be amateurs. In some respects you could argue he was a neglected child. Denied the carefree learning curve that most of us went through as kids, he was obviously unable to make the complex transition from child to adult. As a Man, you can say he has failed, but as a Master of the craft he chose to ply, you cannot deny his genius. Anyone would sell their Granny to have ONE of the many hits Michael had. His Thriller and Bad albums were sublime and Off The Wall was an excellent piece if work in its own right. I do not believe his later works were as good but he was a showman Par Excellence who had more talent in his smallest fart than his detractors have in their combined bodies.

Completely agree with you there. He was a hugely talented artist and will be sadly missed by many. I grew up listening to his music and admiring him along with many of my generation. Watching the tributes to him on tv tonight has brought back a lot of fond memories from my childhood. A few of my favourite songs were 'The Way You Make Me Feel', 'Smooth Criminal' and 'Liberian Girl'. Used to know all the lyrics and sang along to my parents records - I'm sure they had almost all of them.
So sad he died suddenly like this - truly feel for all his family, what turmoil they must be in just now. :~(

Fantoosh
26-Jun-09, 23:25
I am still trying to learn the moon walk! lol best dance move ever.
All his songs are amazing. If you are ever sad, put one of his albums on and dance around. Cant be sad after that :)

RIP Michael Jackson, you are ace!!!

cheers for this thread :)

purplelady
27-Jun-09, 00:42
I remeber MJ in the jackson 5 it is shame and may he be at peace now he was a very troubled man xxxxxxxx

crayola
27-Jun-09, 02:36
whats been your favourite song of this legend and why.
It has to be Billie Jean. The song is the bestest ever but that moonwalk makes it even bestester. :D

hotrod4
27-Jun-09, 12:21
Beat It was my fave.I learned the moonwalk in the 80's and couldnt stop doing it every time I hear the Riff of that song.(Still play it on guitar now)
Still do it now!! for my sins.
As a musician/Entertainer he is VERY VERY hard to beat if not unbeatable, his private life was not so good but as this is about the "genius" that was MJ then lets stick to that.
Gone but certainly not forgotten.
RIP Michael.

ShelleyCowie
27-Jun-09, 12:24
Smooth Criminal was one of my many favourites. I used to sneak away my dads Michael Jackson Cd's and go to my bedroom and sing to them when i was younger!

RIP Michael! :(

mi16
27-Jun-09, 12:32
I wonder if Gary Glitter will be remembered so fondly?

Boozeburglar
27-Jun-09, 16:32
Do you really wonder that? Really? I mean, hand on heart?

Is it possible you are not being 100% when you say that?

porshiepoo
27-Jun-09, 17:45
Dirty Diana.
Has to be one of the best. I have to agree that the 80's were a great era to grow up due to the music given to us by the likes of Michael Jackson.

RIP MJ

scorrie
27-Jun-09, 18:00

Let's see, he won a best lyrics award for a song containing only the words:-

"Rock and Roll, hey, Rock and Roll"

He was overweight, dyed his hair and teetered about like a pensioner in High-Heel shoes whilst at his peak.

He HAS been convicted of possessing illegal images of children and for sex offences against minors.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and answer your question with a resounding MAYBE.

This is because "A Rock and Roll Christmas, Christmas Rock and Roll" is such a bloody clever use of wordplay, making it the greatest Christmas song ever.

hotrod4
27-Jun-09, 18:02
And that has to do with Mj exactly how?
Or didnt you read the opening post in the topic?:confused

Margaret M.
27-Jun-09, 18:19
He was a gentle,compassionate, misunderstood man. His talent, creativity and originality were unmatched. He was one of very few that I would have paid money to see.

When he performed at the 25th anniversary of Motown back in the 80's, I was blown away by Billie Jean and his moonwalk.

balto
27-Jun-09, 20:20
what on earth has gary glitter got to do with michael jackson, he isnt even in the same league as MJ, didnt you read my post at the start, this is a tribute to a legand, you feel the need to have a go at a dead man then please go somewhere else.[evil][evil]

balto
27-Jun-09, 20:21
Let's see, he won a best lyrics award for a song containing only the words:-

"Rock and Roll, hey, Rock and Roll"

He was overweight, dyed his hair and teetered about like a pensioner in High-Heel shoes whilst at his peak.

He HAS been convicted of possessing illegal images of children and for sex offences against minors.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and answer your question with a resounding MAYBE.

This is because "A Rock and Roll Christmas, Christmas Rock and Roll" is such a bloody clever use of wordplay, making it the greatest Christmas song ever.gary glitter will only be remembered for the sick monster that he was.

Liz
27-Jun-09, 22:39
Filipino prisoners tribute

http://bit.ly/z9wZG

NapalmDeath74
27-Jun-09, 23:09
Michael Jackson's death may be a big smoke and mirrors stunt to take the Media's eye off the ball, I think something big going to happen soon maybe another 9/11. I always look outside the box

purplelady
27-Jun-09, 23:55
I watched a programme on channel 4 and had forgotten how talented he was in his day her untimely death is a shame but he was not the person i remebered him to be xxxxxx

unicorn
28-Jun-09, 00:08
Filipino prisoners tribute

http://bit.ly/z9wZG

That was brilliant Liz thanks for sharing.

Fran
28-Jun-09, 02:06
I think "Ben" was Michaels best record. Hope he now has the happiness he never had all these lonely years.

Amy-Winehouse
28-Jun-09, 09:34
Alot of people have mixed views on micheal jackson but i for one can honestly say i liked him and thought he was extremely talented. I was watching a programme about him yesterday and the clip it showed of the jackson 5 when they first started was amazing to see a kid about 6 having such a powerful voice and the abilty to sing and dance so perfectly at the same time genius really .

I dont actually care what they say about his private life to be honest cause they cant take away his talent or the career he had!! such a loss to the music industry, No wonder micheal jackson lead such a bizare life he never knew what normailty actually was. He had been preforming since the age of 6 and it was all he knew it,s tragic how his life ended so suddenley it,s like elvis presely all over again.

OH and btw my favourite song was ben or i,ll be there or rock my world theres so many that were great

hotrod4
28-Jun-09, 11:37
Michael Jackson's death may be a big smoke and mirrors stunt to take the Media's eye off the ball, I think something big going to happen soon maybe another 9/11. I always look outside the box
Didnt take long for the conspiracy theorists to speak nonsense did it?:roll:

Kevin Milkins
28-Jun-09, 12:17
For all the things that one could write about Michael Jackson I am sure no one could ever doubt or disagree at just how talented an entertainer he was.

A friend and funeral director that I used to work for was dragged kicking and screaming to a Michael Jackson concert at the old Cardiff Arms Park by his younger wife and was determined not to enjoy it.

In the office and the hearse for weeks later all we heard about was what a fantastic show it was and I even caught him trying to do the moonwalk in the mortuary on one occasion.:eek:

I think the biggest mistake he ever made was to start doing interviews, because being a man of mystery kept him a person of great interest and with those interviews came the allegations of questionable sexual tendencies.

I was never a fan, but it all seems like a sad end of an era.

Liz
28-Jun-09, 13:28
That was brilliant Liz thanks for sharing.

Glad you liked it. xx:D

mi16
28-Jun-09, 13:28
i really couldnt give two hoots about MJ either way
But it stinks of guilt when he paid off the kiddies family over the abuse charges, and his child dangling antics were absolutely ludicrous.
All in all a nutter

balto
28-Jun-09, 14:08
i really couldnt give two hoots about MJ either way
But it stinks of guilt when he paid off the kiddies family over the abuse charges, and his child dangling antics were absolutely ludicrous.
All in all a nutter
cant you read or something, this was not a thread for idiots like you with no respect for nobody not even the dead to join in on, it was a r.i.p thread and because of , it is disgusting the way you are still having a go at this poor man even though he is now dead, people like you made his life a living hell and even in death idiots like you think they can say what they want.

thankfully the majority of people on here are decent people, who have hearts.

reckon you shpuld become the tin man because he was also heartless.:mad::mad:

mi16
28-Jun-09, 14:24
cant you read or something, this was not a thread for idiots like you with no respect for nobody not even the dead to join in on, it was a r.i.p thread and because of , it is disgusting the way you are still having a go at this poor man even though he is now dead, people like you made his life a living hell and even in death idiots like you think they can say what they want.

thankfully the majority of people on here are decent people, who have hearts.

reckon you shpuld become the tin man because he was also heartless.:mad::mad:

Don't you have even a basic grasp of the English language yet?
Your spelling and grammer is worse than the children's spelling that Michael was "accused" of interfering with!

balto
28-Jun-09, 14:49
thread closed due to a certain members disrespect.