PDA

View Full Version : lets brighten caithness up.

moonshadow
16-Mar-06, 23:42
I found this website that has a fantastic idea http://www.fallenfruit.org . here is the manifesto quote.

A SPECTER is haunting our cities: barren landscapes with foliage and flowers,
but nothing to eat. Fruit can grow almost anywhere, and can be harvested by
everyone. Our cities are planted with frivolous and ugly landscaping, sad shrubs
and neglected trees, whereas they should burst with ripe produce. Great sums
of money are spent on young trees, water and maintenance. While these trees
are beautiful, they could be healthy, fruitful and beautiful.

WE ASK all of you to petition your cities and towns to support community gardens
and only plant fruit-bearing trees in public parks. Let our streets be lined with apples
and pears! Demand that all parking lots be landscaped with fruit trees which provide
shade, clean the air and feed the people.

FALLEN FRUIT is a mapping and manifesto for all the free fruit we can find. Every
day there is food somewhere going to waste. We encourage you to find it, tend and
harvest it. If you own property, plant food on your perimeter. Share with the world
and the world will share with you. Barter, don't buy! Give things away! You have nothing
to lose but your hunger!

I know the site is originated from the US, but i dont see why we cant bring the idea over here? even if the fruit isnt suitable for consumption at least it will provide a cosmetic gain as caithness and especially wick at times could do with an injection of colour and/or trees.

what do you all think?

willowbankbear
16-Mar-06, 23:48
Sorry,.ORGERs the amount of Wickers who think Lower Pulteney should be bulldozed, Young & old , would surprise ye. It would certainly help more light in eh!:p

Whitewater
16-Mar-06, 23:54
Yea, the Pulteneytooners feel the same way about the Wickers. Isn't that a surprise ??

katarina
16-Mar-06, 23:57
I've got an apple tree in my garden, does that count?

I've also got a cherry tree, but the birds eat the cherries as sson as they are ripe, so that's not much good, seriously tho, If we all planted a tree each every year Caithness would be amuch prettier place - more sheltered to.

willowbankbear
17-Mar-06, 00:02
Yea, the Pulteneytooners feel the same way about the Wickers. Isn't that a surprise ??
Haha sarcasm at its best, I was including the residents of the DARKSIDE as well Whitewater hehe:p