PDA

View Full Version : Roads in Wick.

willowbankbear
16-Mar-06, 23:19
Whilst driving around sun kissed pulteneytown Ive noticed that the roads are breaking up with potholes in many of the streets.
Well today i hit the 1 in Grant street & broke a spring(how did i forget?) Its not the first time this year that ive done this,Has anyone else done this lately?

I suppose its the council`s job to look after the roads but i think they are knocked enough & are probably working to a budget,so Im not going to criticise them. Also they wouldve been flat oot with gritting last week & the frost does not help, of this im sure.:confused: :confused:

2little2late
16-Mar-06, 23:22
Whilst driving around sun kissed pulteneytown Ive noticed that the roads are breaking up with potholes in many of the streets.
Well today i hit the 1 in Grant street & broke a spring(how did i forget?) Its not the first time this year that ive done this,Has anyone else done this lately?

I suppose its the council`s job to look after the roads but i think they are knocked enough & are probably working to a budget,so Im not going to criticise them. Also they wouldve been flat oot with gritting last week & the frost does not help, of this im sure.:confused: :confused:

Take a photo of the pot hole and sue the council.

angela5
16-Mar-06, 23:25
The pothole in grant street...grrrrr! but willowbankbear you will be pleased to know it has been filled in must of been sometime this afternoon..because i forgot this morning to avoid it....south road has got to be the worst yet..

willowbankbear
16-Mar-06, 23:29
Take a photo of the pot hole and sue the council.

Can ye really do that? Surely they wouldna pay up,they are THE COONCIL, they never pay,You owe them dont you?[lol]

angela5
16-Mar-06, 23:47
http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/car/to-the-hell.jpg

Now that's some pothole...[lol]

willowbankbear
16-Mar-06, 23:53
Angela5 Keep out the south Road, Told ye before hehehe. High street is bad, francis street, station road & bridge street.

Take it that was in Inverness that pic?[lol]

ESR
17-Mar-06, 00:01
I got caught by that pot hole in Grant Street yesterday, glad to hear it has been filled. I saw something on TV about pot holes, think it was Dundee, and the advice was to take photos of the potholes and inform the council who would then do something to repair it.

willowbankbear
17-Mar-06, 00:05
I got caught by that pot hole in Grant Street yesterday, glad to hear it has been filled. I saw something on TV about pot holes, think it was Dundee, and the advice was to take photos of the potholes and inform the council who would then do something to repair it.

Good idea that though:grin:

Julia
17-Mar-06, 00:11
Local potholes are nothing compared to down south, some of the worst roads for potholes I've seen have been in Barrhead, Paisley etc..

saxovtr
17-Mar-06, 00:22
broke a spring?buy a decent set of springs!!!

willowbankbear
17-Mar-06, 00:22
Local potholes are nothing compared to down south, some of the worst roads for potholes I've seen have been in Barrhead, Paisley etc..
Glasgows schemes are pretty bad especially in the East end,huge pot holes in Toryglen & Mount Vernon

2little2late
17-Mar-06, 00:24
Thing is Wee man. Us decent drivers don't do silly mods to our vehicles.

angela5
17-Mar-06, 00:26
Here we go again.

Haha i was just looking to see if you were on-line 2little2late[lol]
yip! here we go again...just what i was thinking[lol] [lol]

willowbankbear
17-Mar-06, 00:26

Its a new car Saxovtr, I dina expect that to happen[lol]

2little2late
17-Mar-06, 00:31
Have you noticed how Saxovtr always tries to wind us up then disappears for a while? He reminds me of someone who is with a gang of mates, starts a fight then does a runner. [lol] [lol]

willowbankbear
17-Mar-06, 00:36
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_33_8.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB)
Ach he`s like a cat playing with a mouse[lol] Quick run Saxo is a cat

angela5
17-Mar-06, 00:36
Have you noticed how Saxovtr always tries to wind us up then disappears for a while? He reminds me of someone who is with a gang of mates, starts a fight then does a runner. [LOL] [LOL]

[lol] i noticed......[lol] when it gets too heated he huffs....if you can't take it don't give it....

tommy1979
17-Mar-06, 00:52

I suppose its the council`s job to look after the roads but i think they are knocked enough & are probably working to a budget,so Im not going to criticise them. Also they wouldve been flat oot with gritting last week & the frost does not help, of this im sure.

was thinking the very same today, but hey the extra council tax we are gonna be paying from next month with surely pay for the costs of retarring the roads :rolleyes:[disgust]:eek::mad:

cynical??? me??? never!!!!

connieb19
17-Mar-06, 09:52
broke a spring?buy a decent set of springs!!!Nowt wrong with my springs!!! [para]

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/images/ZEBEDEE.jpg

angela5
17-Mar-06, 11:35
I come through to wick once a week and have found most of the roads to have potholes, sorry to hear about your car willowbankbear you should make a complaint.

saxovtr
17-Mar-06, 11:56
Its a new car Saxovtr, I dina expect that to happen[lol]

i was being serious,i didna expect it to break a spring either!!!
if its a new car id get it replaced on warranty,if not make a serious complaint!! obviously its not a 4x4 you have!!!

Geo
17-Mar-06, 13:50
There is a bad pothole about 4 miles along the Camster road, from the Wattan side. Very deep and getting wider. I never noticed it and what a clatter it made when the car wheel went down it. Thankfully nothing broke. Was going to report it to the council as it could lead to an accident.

erli
17-Mar-06, 15:42
There is a really bad hole on High Street, just outside Jocky Sutherlands butcher shop. You can't help but hit it when there are cars lined up on the other side of the road waitng for the traffic lights.:mad:

cuddlepop
17-Mar-06, 16:51
Willowbankerbear,what ever you do dont come to Skye.Your roads are -streets-HA HA ahead of ours.Here they fill in the pot holes that were previously filled in.
Its so bad people are talking about writting to the Scottish Executive to warn him unless something gets done on Skye he'll get no road tax!!!!:evil
Seriously the amount of damage that gets done to cars is so excessive Bear have to use their maintenance money on compo.[smirk]

Julia
17-Mar-06, 18:49

On a lighter note!

willowbankbear
17-Mar-06, 22:23
Thankyou to the Highland council today, as they have been reading my posts, the offending potholes have been filled-temporarily methinks. Happy chappie today.

tommy1979
17-Mar-06, 22:38
Thankyou to the Highland council today, as they have been reading my posts, the offending potholes have been filled-temporarily methinks. Happy chappie today.
noticed that lol :roll:

willowbankbear
17-Mar-06, 22:51
noticed that lol :roll:

Love the Avatar Tommy79, Im sure Ive been there,is it a theatre of dreams?

tommy1979
17-Mar-06, 23:06
Love the Avatar Tommy79, Im sure Ive been there,is it a theatre of dreams?

tis the 5 star stadium of the team with 5 stars :lol:

willowbankbear
17-Mar-06, 23:23
doo doo doo IM Lovin it

MGB1979
18-Mar-06, 02:08
tis the 5 star stadium of the team with 5 stars :lol:

Nice stadium, shame aboot the tinklers in it.[lol] ;)

willowbankbear
18-Mar-06, 02:19
Haha Its not the Castletown park that mate:Razz Im not 1 of those critturs ye mentioned either. And unless its local its banned remember. Change the subject