PDA

View Full Version : Hayfever and the under 5's

skinnydog
26-Jun-09, 10:40
I have a feeling that Rosie, who is just 4 past, may have hay fever. She sneezes in the morning and her eyes are itchy. I did some google research and it says that it is unusual for under 5's to have pollen allergy. Anyone else had a kid that has suffered. She is not horrendous with it and some days is fine, it is jus the last 2 days that it has happened. I can't think that it would be anything else but I find it strange that it has just started as she is always outside, goes horse riding etc and has shown no problems in the past.

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Julia
26-Jun-09, 10:53
My son who is 2 and a half suffers from hayfever, the pharmacist prescribed him Benadryl for Kids (http://www.benadryl.co.uk/products/for-kids.aspx)which is suitable from 2 years of age. Remember that you can get this medicine free using the 'minor ailments service' from you local pharmacy.

marlyn
26-Jun-09, 11:24
my hayfever has definitely been a lot worse the last couple of days, I also think that my 7 year old daughter has developed it this year too, not too bad but a lot of sneezing and that horrible tickly feeling right at the back of her throat. I have been giving her piriton.

telfordstar
26-Jun-09, 12:05
My son who is 2 and a half suffers from hayfever, the pharmacist prescribed him Benadryl for Kids (http://www.benadryl.co.uk/products/for-kids.aspx)which is suitable from 2 years of age. Remember that you can get this medicine free using the 'minor ailments service' from you local pharmacy.

I agree Benadryl is good my son is 18m and was perscribed this from doc as he suffers from it quite badly I for one for his sake can't wait for winter!!!

Connor.
26-Jun-09, 14:26
Yeah, kids under 5 can defo get it.

My hayfever has been worse the past few days :(

skinnydog
28-Jun-09, 15:55
Tried Benadryl, didn't get it free and it is no use. Will have to try the doc tomorrow to see what they say. It is just the itchy eyes that are driving her nuts!
Thanks for all the advice.

telfordstar
28-Jun-09, 18:33
Tried Benadryl, didn't get it free and it is no use. Will have to try the doc tomorrow to see what they say. It is just the itchy eyes that are driving her nuts!
Thanks for all the advice.

Im having same problem although benadryl worked for a while but now dosnt so will see what the doc says

_Ju_
28-Jun-09, 18:36
Yeah, kids under 5 can defo get it.

My hayfever has been worse the past few days :(

alot of rapeseed in flower now, with lots of dry sunny days....... it's a killer!

ShelleyCowie
28-Jun-09, 18:50
My hayfever is pretty bad too just now. Waking up at 5am sneezing and rubbing my eyes away! its so annoying.

I have tried all hayfever reliefs i can buy over the counter but none gave me any relief. So i gave up! :confused

Connor.
28-Jun-09, 19:23
Mine has been terrible the past few days. Standard over the counter stuff doesn't do the job, i need stronger stuff :(.

I try the local honey when it's about but i haven't heard anything from Donald Bain as of yet.