PDA

View Full Version : HUNTER - Chris and THS lads in Legion - well done!

weeboyagee
26-Jun-09, 10:12
A message to the lads from Thurso High School from the folks in Melvich Gaelic Choir. You are a credit to your High School and the county of Caithness. You obviously had a lot of fun during the National Theatre of Scotland performances over the past few days and everybody in Melvich Gaelic Choir enjoyed being part of the Legion's contribution to the story along with you. Can't remember all their names, but the tall lad, Chris, and his pals did a great job - hence the applause they received from our choir after their last performance last night, just before we had to do our last bit. And well done with Thurso Pentland Chris, (pic in the paper today!) - quite the star then!?

And to the three ladies who did the story in between the lads fight and our performance - well done on remembering (nearly all) your lines!

I notice that there isn't a thread on here about the NTofS performances - but those kids were amazing - and the finale was fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed being part of it - after not knowing quite what to expect. It makes you very proud of the youth we have in our midst - and I don't care if half - or even ALL of them - are boy/girl racers - for all of their faults and failures at other times - they were worth being proud of for that point in time!!!!

It was a wonderful experience - if not a little tiring by the end of the 4th day! And with the HarbourFest tonight - the choir will need their beds!!! (Well, some of them anyway ;))

WBG :cool:

weestraw
26-Jun-09, 10:21
Went to this last night and it was absolutely excellent. Credit to all who put a tremendous amount of work into it. A very very interesting and entertaining project indeed..:D

pinotnoir
26-Jun-09, 10:33
It was quite a coup getting such talent from the National Theatre of Scotland to bring our local talent to the fore.

Sets up the National Mod nicely.

grumpy1
26-Jun-09, 21:58
My daughter went to this and she said it was fantastic..so a well done to everyone involved...

Rheghead
26-Jun-09, 22:07
There was nothing in the Courier but the Scotsman mentioned this, which was disappointing.

Well done to all involved, OH is very proud of them.

tootler
01-Jul-09, 14:05
There was nothing in the Courier but the Scotsman mentioned this, which was disappointing.

Well done to all involved, OH is very proud of them.

I'm really surprised our local reporters didn't cover this - it was massive & it was fantastic! It's not often that 170 local people collaborate with an internationally acclaimed production team to produce a show like this... and having played to a full house for three nights in a row, at least 450 audience members must have enjoyed watching it, too... There was a double page spread in the Scotsman about the project, and this was closely followed by a five star review in the same national paper. It's just very strange that the Groat reporters didn't notice it happening at all. I'd hoped they would have covered it, but nothing so far - and now it's old news.:roll:

I'm with WBG on this one - the THS 3rd years (now 4th years) should be feeling very pleased with their achievement. They were a credit to the school and a credit to the town - congratulations!:D

Alice in Blunderland
01-Jul-09, 15:35
I didnt attend this but have heard one or two folks who went comment how much they enjoyed it. A big well done to them all. :D

I'm not surprised the local rag missed it.................... there's a few wee things they play catch up with but word is getting round how great it was. :cool:

gollach
01-Jul-09, 22:37
It is remarkable that there has been no local coverage of the event. The kids were brilliant!

Rheghead
01-Jul-09, 23:02
I reckon the Courier and Groat took the huff because the Scotsman got in first on their patch.

Moby
02-Jul-09, 07:17
It is remarkable that there has been no local coverage of the event. The kids were brilliant!

Well the Groat or the Courier wouldn't be interested because it had nothing to do with football.

pinotnoir
02-Jul-09, 08:48
It created a feel good factor in the children, with professionals teaching them drama- both writing and performance, dance and music, the local press should be highlighting how the NTS brought the children's latent talents to fruition.

weeboyagee
03-Jul-09, 13:20
Just finished reading the article in today's Groat about this production. Glad they printed that - albeit it was a wee bit after the event - but it continues to give recognition where it is rightly due - and the letters in the same Groat back this up.

Well done again everyone who took part.

Bit disappointed there are, yet again, few positive comments on here about it. Give everyone a moan to share and the thread will run for pages, give them something to cheer about and it seems to be treated somewhat with a greater element of disinterest - I just can't grasp this in our local community - I really can't.

Look at the letters page of the Groat today and the upholding of the community portrayed in the majority of them - why can't this community grasp the goodness of what they have with both hands and really promote with the same vigour as they are prepared to employ in their feasting on the negative.

WBG :cool:

The Pepsi Challenge
03-Jul-09, 13:27
I reckon the Courier and Groat took the huff because the Scotsman got in first on their patch.

Another tip-off comes to fruition. :)