PDA

View Full Version : Diet

Gleber2
16-Mar-06, 23:17
As matter of interest, are there many vegetarians, vegans and fruitarians among the membership of our august Message Board.

willowbankbear
16-Mar-06, 23:21
As matter of interest, are there many vegetarians, vegans and fruitarians among the membership of our august Message Board.

NO Way man, I love my food since I stopped smoking, Any kind as long as its dead & cooked:grin:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
16-Mar-06, 23:23
I like ma vegtables and I like ma fruit......but I love a big juicy steak in the middle!!!!:grin:

Liz
16-Mar-06, 23:28
I am a vegetarian who doesn't take dairy products so am almost vegan.

Don't miss meat at all as there are so many good alternatives.

Whitewater
16-Mar-06, 23:49
I have a good all round diet, with pleanty of fruit and vegetables. We also have lots of meat free meals. My only trouble is I like food, too many cups of tea and biscuits during the day is another problem I should think of addressing, may help me to loose a stone and a bit.

Zambo
16-Mar-06, 23:50
Yup - I'm a vegetarian as well. Have been for many years now, and I don't miss meat at all.

I think there are a lot of misconceptions about vegetarians, and their diet. So many people ask me why I would want to be a vegetarian, and do I just eat fruit and veg all the time. People don't realise that as vegetarians, we also have a wide and varied choice of food now. It's not the same as it was years ago - a lot of people have now chosen to become vegans and vegetarians.

I just wish that we had more choice in Wick! Can't wait for Tesco's to open, as they have a great Vegetarian selection.

Julia
17-Mar-06, 00:14
I am a level 3 Vegan, I eat nothing that casts a shadow

2little2late
17-Mar-06, 00:17
Love my meat too much to be a vegetarian. Honestly don't know what I would do without meat. I would never go on a hunger strike as a matter of protest either. I would only last until I was hungry.

Gleber2
17-Mar-06, 02:37
I've been vegan for twentysix years, although, when travelling, I have to resort to lacto vegetarian. The difference in physical and mental well being I have experienced since giving up animal products has been beyond belief and I would never go back to eating meat. We vegans learn to cook and I can safely say that my diet is as varied and satisfying as any meat derived diet. We are what we eat, it is said, and perhaps diet is a contributary part of the problems faced by our society. We are basically a violent race. Give up preying on other living creatures and we might actually evolve.
The only way to prove or disprove my beliefs regarding diet, is to to try it for yourself.

wickerinca
17-Mar-06, 04:11
I've been vegan for twentysix years, although, when travelling, I have to resort to lacto vegetarian. The difference in physical and mental well being I have experienced since giving up animal products has been beyond belief and I would never go back to eating meat. We vegans learn to cook and I can safely say that my diet is as varied and satisfying as any meat derived diet. We are what we eat, it is said, and perhaps diet is a contributary part of the problems faced by our society. We are basically a violent race. Give up preying on other living creatures and we might actually evolve.
The only way to prove or disprove my beliefs regarding diet, is to to try it for yourself.

Sorry Gleber2, I can't take up your challenge. Like my steak, chicken and seafood too much. Do have a couple of meatless days a week but only so I can have a nice bit of fillet steak on the bbq at the weekend.

Funny but we non-vegans learn to cook too!..and I wouldn't call myself violent. The only way I would become a vegetarian (not a vegan) would be if I had to kill my food myself.....over to you!!

emszxr
17-Mar-06, 09:42
meat all the way for me.
with my hubby being a gamekeeper we get loads of venison.
we also fattened up 2 pigs so we have loads of pork too.
yummy

scotsboy
17-Mar-06, 10:39
Tend to have a fairly mixed diet, although I don’t eat that much red meat these days. Once every six months or so I do a 3 day fruit detox, must admit to feeling fantastic afterwards.

Shabbychic
17-Mar-06, 11:03
I'm vegan and have a great diet.

My hubby who is supposed to be a staunch meat eater, actually shares quite a lot of my meals and has had to admit they are much tastier than he ever thought they would be.

I buy my mungs, adzukis, teas and things online at the Goodness Direct website and they have a great variety to pick from. If you spend over 35.00 you get free delivery, and it usually arrives within 48 hours. I have been using this site for a couple of years now and can highly recommend it.

golach
17-Mar-06, 11:15
I have to admit I am a Carnivore, I tried to be an Omnivore but my family could not stand the smell, I find that I enjoy the odd vegatable, but a good well hung Aberdeen Angus steak cooked the way I like it sic cut its horns off and wipe its bum is the meal of my choice

Gleber2
17-Mar-06, 17:27
Wickerina, I issued no challenges and never said that meat eating makes you violent but I have never met a violent vegan. Of course ther are many many good carnivorous cooks but it is a much greater challenge to create good and interesting dishes free of animal produce Chacun a son gout!!
Golllach, you are what you eat, aren't you???:evil
Shabbychick,thanks for the tip. Will check out Goodness Direct.

scotsboy
17-Mar-06, 17:34
Vegans may be placid, but see those veggies........don't trust em:

http://www.geocities.com/hitlerwasavegetarian/

Gleber2
17-Mar-06, 17:39
I was actually going to use Hitler as the exception to the rule, but, as the Science, the New Religion thread stopped as soon as I mentioned Lucifer, I left it out in case people got the wrong idea about me.:lol:

golach
17-Mar-06, 20:40
Are you inferring I am a coo's bum gleeeber2?[mad]

Gleber2
17-Mar-06, 21:47
[quote=golach]Are you inferring I am a coo's bum gleeeber2?[mad][/quote

Are you insinuating that you eat coo's bums, Goach. What a singularly strange old man you are!!

connieb19
17-Mar-06, 21:48

Are you insinuating that you eat coo's bums, Goach. What a singularly strange old man you are!!Maybe he means he likes going to Macdonalds!!:confused: [disgust]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Mar-06, 23:55
So we can take it from this thread that us orgers,like our veg.We like our fruit,we also like meat.But we can also take guid photos........but most of all its all about the craic!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

2little2late
17-Mar-06, 23:56
So we can take it from this thread that us orgers,like our veg.We like our fruit,we also like meat.But we can also take guid photos........but most of all its all about the craic!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

We are also good joiners as you've hit the nail on the head cedric.

golach
18-Mar-06, 02:27

Are you insinuating that you eat coo's bums, Goach. What a singularly strange old man you are!!
I am partial till a nice bit of rump steak Gleeeeber2 what is strange aboot 'at?

wickerinca
20-Mar-06, 04:04
Wickerina, I issued no challenges and never said that meat eating makes you violent but I have never met a violent vegan. Of course ther are many many good carnivorous cooks but it is a much greater challenge to create good and interesting dishes free of animal produce Chacun a son gout!!
Shabbychick,thanks for the tip. Will check out Goodness Direct.

Oh! sorry Gleber2. I inferred from your statement that the only way to prove or disprove your beliefs regarding diet was to try it for ourselves as an invitation to convert to veganism(?). Chacun a sa chacunerie!!

canuck
20-Mar-06, 04:12
Oh! sorry Gleber2. I inferred from your statement that the only way to prove or disprove your beliefs regarding diet was to try it for ourselves as an invitation to convert to veganism(?). Chacun a sa chacunerie!!

wickerinca - I will join you on any experiment where someone else does the cooking.