PDA

View Full Version : congratulations

moose and Lindsay
16-Mar-06, 17:10
To all those who gave their best wishes, my dog had 7 beautiful puppies last night

She is doing well and the pups r doing well,

1st pup born at 7pm and last born at 12am

She was fine, managed herself, she did a really good job

:D

Ojibwa
16-Mar-06, 17:30
Thats great news, hope you find great homes for all of them. Congrats :D :D

cuddlepop
16-Mar-06, 18:04
Is this her first litter?Bet she's tired,Mydogs first litter was 8 pups which she had in the shed!.After a while we had to let her out on her own to give her some peace[lol] Lots of Tlc needed ,which i'm sure she'll get in heaps.

erli
16-Mar-06, 18:17
Glad to hear she's fine, and the pup's too. :grin:

carasmam
16-Mar-06, 19:30
Thats great news Moose and Lindsay, i'm delighted for you :grin:

Chillie
16-Mar-06, 19:39
Is this her first litter?

someone missed the thread ( is my dog pregnant )[lol]

how many litters was it again 3rd/4th?[mad]

more threads of unwanted animals, i wonder how long this dog will take to get caught again? or the cat come to think of it!:eyes

all this congratulations malarky, goodness you'd think moose and lindsay just had their 1st experience of pups!! [mad]

the original ducky
16-Mar-06, 19:57
oh well thats good news for the dog then having puppys that young what a time she must of had. would have been very stressfull for her. the vet must be pleased going so well and the puppys are fine. youll have a busy time on your hands what with kids and all the other dags and animals that you have im sure it wont be the last litter that your dog has.

moose and Lindsay
16-Mar-06, 20:28

more threads of unwanted animals, i wonder how long this dog will take to get caught again? or the cat come to think of it!

all this congratulations malarky, goodness you'd think moose and lindsay just had their 1st experience of pups!! [mad]

I am not starting all this rubbish again

A few people asked me to let them know when the time came so i am

As for litters this is her 1ST and the cat has been spayed [mad]

BRIE
16-Mar-06, 20:33
Glad to hear your dogs doing well lindsay.all the best with finding them new homes. :o)

melted_wellie
16-Mar-06, 20:35

more threads of unwanted animals, i wonder how long this dog will take to get caught again? or the cat come to think of it!:eyes

all this congratulations malarky, goodness you'd think moose and lindsay just had their 1st experience of pups!! [mad]well said chillie.

the original ducky
16-Mar-06, 20:43
yeah thats what i think aswell theres enough animals without homes these days without poor young animals having anymore

krieve
16-Mar-06, 20:49
Just wondering are you going to get the dog dressed now so she does not have anymore pups i had my doggie dressed because there are so many dogs wondering about these days you can only been to safe. I am glad the doggie and the pups are all ok good luck getting homes for them.

cuddlepop
16-Mar-06, 20:57
We done the same with ours.its usually best to let them have a litter then get them dressed.The only side effect we found is that the dog puts on more weight than usual.
If anyone is objecting to another animal thread then quiet simply dont read it:p
Moose and Lindsey are entitled to spread the word of their new arrivals so stop moaning and leave them alone!!!![mad]

the original ducky
16-Mar-06, 21:06
i think that the dog should get dressed just to stop this from happening again.

moose and Lindsay
16-Mar-06, 21:17
Good call Hannah ;)

Thanx to all those who sent me pm letting us know who sends them PM's ;)

the original ducky
16-Mar-06, 21:26
theres no harm in free speech! lindsay!

moose and Lindsay
16-Mar-06, 21:31
yes we know!!!!

the original ducky
16-Mar-06, 21:38
hows sandie anyway how did the opp go

Tugmistress
16-Mar-06, 22:07
on a personal note, well done to moose & lindsay for asking for advice when they felt they needed it and i am glad they received it, though the sarcasm etc was uncalled for on a public forum and maybe should have been restricted to PM's.
It's great to hear that mum and pups are doing so well :)
in my own opinion and experience, i have found that letting a bitch have a litter of pups is beneficial to her health and mental well being, accidents can and do happen and all is well that ends well so why have a go now? it is pointless apart from fishing for an argument in my view.

Moose & Lindsay,
congratulations on your new additions, and i hope you have heaps of fun with the little bundles of fun and mischief as they start to move about, then walk, then run and play, and then start chewing ;) lol
you must be proud of mum and all she has done :D

Chillie
16-Mar-06, 22:30
Moose & Lindsay,
hope you have heaps of fun with the little bundles of fun and mischief as they start to move about, then walk, then run and play, and then start chewing ;) lol

yes, heaps of fun when they start to run, play and chew up all your furniture not forgetting about the wee accidents they'll have piddling in the corners[lol]
and even bigger fun when it's time to find good homes for them, you do have your hands full there moose and lindsay. but not to worry 6 weeks of adorable wee pups for you to look after have fun! until the next litter arrives.

Chillie
16-Mar-06, 22:38
leave my rep box alone you nameless person, feel free to post your comment on the forum, i don't mind.:lol:

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 19:50
Hypocrite on the site! Original ducky, youre one to talk about unwanted pets. [mad] The reason that i got given Brodie was because you didnt want him and were going to put him to Balmore, now you have a puppy.[disgust] What was wrong with keeping Brodie? Was it because he isnt a cute little puppy anymore?

Chillie
19-Mar-06, 19:54
Hypocrite on the site! Original ducky, youre one to talk about unwanted pets. [mad] The reason that i got given Brodie was because you didnt want him and were going to put him to Balmore, now you have a puppy.[disgust] What was wrong with keeping Brodie? Was it because he isnt a cute little puppy anymore?

Another poor dog that is unwanted makes me mad to see people get rid of one dog and replace it with a wee furry pup[mad]

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 19:57
it makes me mad to see people lying and trying to make themselves look good, when they are just as bad

Chillie
19-Mar-06, 20:00
it makes me mad to see people lying and trying to make themselves look good, when they are just as bad

A dog is for life and should be well looked after, not passed on when it grows big and be replaced for a puppy. some people should be banned from owning pets.

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 20:07
[quote=wee_fuzzy_kitty]Hypocrite on the site! Original ducky, youre one to talk about unwanted pets. [mad] The reason that i got given Brodie was because you didnt want him and were going to put him to Balmore, now you have a puppy.[disgust] What was wrong with keeping Brodie?
Was it because he isnt a cute little puppy anymore? no it wasnt it was because we were both working long hours and didnt have time for him he was in all day and i think thats cruel anyone agree? now things have changed i am in most of the time to walk him and take care of him you cant talk you gave your mum the a puppy because you were at college most of the time. talk about calling the kettle black!

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 20:11
erm...:confused: What puppy was that then?

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 20:15
brodie wasnt even mine he was my partners he was looking after it for a friend. dont lie you gave your mum the dog that has now had puppys

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 20:15
[mad] [mad] This puppy, that puppy....I have tried not to respond to this thread BUT does any of you lot actually care about the effects on these poor animals? It seems not!! Lets hope the new owners of this next litter of puppies are better vetted!! As Chillie said, some people should be banned from keeping pets!!

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 20:17
yeah i agree well said connie.

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 20:18
brodie wasnt even mine he was my partners he was looking after it for a friend. dont lie you gave your mum the dog that has now had puppys

If someone was looking after my dog and gave him away, I wouldnt be too happy. What puppy?

Connies right

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 20:21
the puppy bo. the one that keith bought for you.

Chillie
19-Mar-06, 20:23
If someone was looking after my dog and gave him away, I wouldnt be too happy. What puppy?

Connies right

connie your right this puppy,that puppy:confused:

wee fuzzy kitty i think original ducky is talking about the pup you gave away to your parents, that now has had 7 of a litter:evil

Chillie
19-Mar-06, 20:25
You 2 can stop dog bickering now we all get the picture, unwanted dogs left to roam and end up with litter after litter what a disgrace.

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 20:25
:lol: come on, love hearing your stories,lol. Just because you were found out, doesnt mean you have to try and justify it by making up lies about other people. Im gonna stop replying now, sorry but getting bored. Would enjoy reading some more of your stories tho. :D

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 20:26
That wasnt me, sorry :grin:

unicorn
19-Mar-06, 20:29
must be difficult to keep track with all the different usernames in the house

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 20:31
this is all stubid i am gunna stop now.

Drutt
19-Mar-06, 20:32
this is all stubid i am gunna stop now.
And I'm going to open the champagne in celebration.

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 20:33
What I cannot understand, is why, when this dog was not wanted anymore, that instead of putting it to Balmore, where it would have been found a good home, it was passed from pillar to post, eventually landing in pup at under a year old. Wouldn't it have been kinder to find it a caring home?[mad] [mad] [mad]

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 20:35
must be difficult to keep track with all the different usernames in the houseWell said unicorn, between all the names, and all the pets advertised, they're confusing themselves, never mind us lot!!!:confused:

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 20:35
we wernt going to put it to balmore leah said that she wanted the dog i didnt have anything to do with it. it was my partner. so i dont know why everyone is against me. the dog was never misstreated apart from not having time for him.

unicorn
19-Mar-06, 20:36
What I cannot understand, is why, when this dog was not wanted anymore, that instead of putting it to Balmore, where it would have been found a good home, it was passed from pillar to post, eventually landing in pup at under a year old. Wouldn't it have been kinder to find it a caring home?

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 20:37
i have never put a animal up for sale or to get rid of. the only animal i have is my little puppy which we look after very well.

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 20:38
i have never put a animal up for sale. the only animal i have is my little puppy which we look after very well.Is he the only puppy you have owned though?

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 20:40
No one said he was mistreated by you. I just got angry when you were going on about unwanted pets, when i know you gave a dog away then got a puppy and your cats has had several litters of kittens. I just dont hink you should be saying things when u have been in the same situation.

And i dont live with my mum, I moved out years ago.

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 20:42
my self yes
hes the only dog that i have ever had brodie was my partners friend we were looking after it for him then he said that he didnt want it back so instead of getting rid and putting him to balmore we decided to keep him then i got another job to pay the bills and we didnt have time for him now i only work a lot few hours so i have plenty of time to walk the puppy and care for him i wont be working anymore hours so we decided to get a puppy.

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 20:45
yes i had a cat i was looking after her while a pal was on her hols before she came to me she was preg i didnt know untill i took her to the vet for a check up. then she had a litter while she was with me and then i got her dressed to stop that from happening again.

unicorn
19-Mar-06, 20:45
And is this the pup that now has 7 puppies? If so then at least at balmore it would have been spayed.

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 20:46
the cat i had was over well over a year ago.

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 20:46
my self yes
hes the only dog that i have ever had brodie was my partners friend we were looking after it for him then he said that he didnt want it back so instead of getting rid and putting him to balmore we decided to keep him then i got another job to pay the bills and we didnt have time for him now i only work a lot few hours so i have plenty of time to walk the puppy and care for him i wont be working anymore hours so we decided to get a puppy.So where did Brodie go? Is this the dog who had all the puppies? Why didn't you take the dog back instead of getting another puppy?

Zambo
19-Mar-06, 20:48
This thread is just another reminder of why people should think long and hard before taking in any kind of pet.

I'm not having a go at anyone here - I don't have the right to judge anyone as I don't know the full story.

However, we should all remember that any kind of pet is for life, and they all need love, and lots of time and attention. If everyone would think first before taking puppies, kittens etc, we wouldn't have such a problem with animals needing to be rehomed.

I think all the threads on caithness.org at the moment, regarding animals needing new homes etc, just prove that there is a real problem at the moment in Caithness as well as other places. It's a real shame on the animals.

connieb19
the cat i had was over well over a year ago.What difference does it make how long ago it was?

scrapydoo
i am lost is it moose & lindsays dog or what???????????

funky-dunky
19-Mar-06, 20:50
i know there my puppies to but i want to congratulate bo as well. congratulations :grin:

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 20:50
This thread is just another reminder of why people should think long and hard before taking in any kind of pet.

I'm not having a go at anyone here - I don't have the right to judge anyone as I don't know the full story.

However, we should all remember that any kind of pet is for life, and they all need love, and lots of time and attention. If everyone would think first before taking puppies, kittens etc, we wouldn't have such a problem with animals needing to be rehomed.

I think all the threads on caithness.org at the moment, regarding animals needing new homes etc, just prove that there is a real problem at the moment in Caithness as well as other places. It's a real shame on the animals.Well said zambo...if people would be a bit more considerate they could help to lessen the problem of unwanted pets . As it is, these people are just adding to the problem!![mad]

funky-dunky
19-Mar-06, 20:51
hi yes it is moose and lindsay's dog

scrapydoo
19-Mar-06, 20:51
must be difficult to keep track with all the different usernames in the house
?????? usernames i am lost again lol

ice box
19-Mar-06, 20:53
It sound too me that you have more animals than you can handle .

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 20:53
No its not

scrapydoo
19-Mar-06, 20:55
the cat i had was over well over a year ago.
most people tend to keep there pets well i do anyway

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 20:55
No its notWell whos is it then. All I can say is poor animal, whoever it belongs to!!:cry: the poor thing must be so confused and having to deal with 7 puppies. What a shame!!

scrapydoo
19-Mar-06, 20:57
i know there my puppies to but i want to congratulate bo as well. congratulations :grin:
???????????

ice box
19-Mar-06, 21:00
most people tend to keep there pets well i do anyway
Yes an animal should be for life not for people who want them cause the little cute and cuddle and get bored we them when they grow up i just wish people would think futher ahead when taking an animal on they need a happy life as well they do have feeling .

scrapydoo
19-Mar-06, 21:05
i am disgusted to be honest if you can't look after your animal don't have any . i am getting mad at the thought of all this dog swaping and if i can't be bothered i will just give it to someone else attitude you should be ashamed of yourself

angela5
19-Mar-06, 21:06
What a confusing thread...i don't think i will even bother working it out..i'm going to the quiz and i do hope there is not a puzzle to solve.[lol]
whatever dog it is or whoever owns it you should be ashamed...

ice box
19-Mar-06, 21:10
Well i think they should'nt be alowed to keep dogs or cats if thats what goes on you should al be ashamed and my heart go out to al thoughs pooches .

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 21:12
we didnt take brodie back because hes into bad habbits now and we have a small baby he isnt good with small children and didnt want to risk it. to start things off hers the story beware its long: my partner friend had a dog called brodie he asked us to look after him so we did i had to get a jop because of bills working long hours so it wasnt fare that he was stuck in the house all day so we asked around and wee fuzzy kitty said that she wanted him because my partner knows her. so then my friend went on her hols and asked me to look afer her cat which was preg i dint know untill taken to the vets. after she had that litter she got caught again just 3weeks after having her first so the i got her dressed during this time wee fuzzy kitty partner bought a puppy, so she has two dogs then she gave the puppy away to her mum which is the dog that has had puppies. i know iam working alot less so we decided to get a puppy.

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 21:17
Original ducky, you say that you had a cat but that was a year ago. Where's the cat now? I have a cat but that was 10 years ago and i still have him, I have a dog, I have had her for 8 years now. When I got my pets, I got them with the knowledge that I would hopefully have them for a lot of years!!

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 21:19
we didnt take brodie back because hes into bad habbits now and we have a small baby he isnt good with small children and didnt want to risk it. This is the sort of problems you can expect to have with a dog who has had such an unstable start in life![mad] It's not the dogs fault either, it's the owners. May I ask you, why didn't you put him to balmore?:confused:

Drutt
19-Mar-06, 21:20
we didnt take brodie back because hes into bad habbits now and we have a small baby he isnt good with small children and didnt want to risk it. to start things off hers the story beware its long: my partner friend had a dog called brodie he asked us to look after him so we did i had to get a jop because of bills working long hours so it wasnt fare that he was stuck in the house all day so we asked around and wee fuzzy kitty said that she wanted him because my partner knows her. so then my friend went on her hols and asked me to look afer her cat which was preg i dint know untill taken to the vets. after she had that litter she got caught again just 3weeks after having her first so the i got her dressed during this time wee fuzzy kitty partner bought a puppy, so she has two dogs then she gave the puppy away to her mum which is the dog that has had puppies. i know iam working alot less so we decided to get a puppy.

Dig a bigger hole, why don't you? Fuzzy duck, ducky fuzz, neither of you are coming out of this looking like anything better than neglectful ten-year olds. Give it up already. The bickering is yawn-inducing and your behaviours seemingly indefensible.

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 21:21
my cat that i had attacked my little girl and scratched her face so i think that over the two i am going to pick my daughter. dont you think? i will keep the puppy that i have untill he dies which is along time i love animals depite what the thread makes out and to be honest you can all think what you like i know the truth and you all aint perfect or are you?

ice box
19-Mar-06, 21:22
Sounds to me like puppy swap .

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 21:24
bear in mind at the time i was only 16. people that are still asking questions go away and read what else i wrote that will give you the answers that you need.

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 21:24
I know, we do dont we? It all sounds really mad

ice box
19-Mar-06, 21:26
Whats to say you wont be working long hours again what will happen will you get rid of that one as well .

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 21:27
i would take brodie back but i cant trust him around my little girl. and hes not my dog anymore. and to solve things in this world i am sponsering 2 dogs to make up for other people mistakes. you can all think what you like i really dont care this is getting reall boring now i have made my point.

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 21:28
I know, we do dont we? It all sounds really mad????????:confused:

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 21:31
????????:confused:

Was just replying to-

neither of you are coming out of this looking like anything better than neglectful ten-year olds.

ice box
19-Mar-06, 21:33
Sounds to me that your not in the postion just now to look after animals maybe you should think longer in to the future before taking on any more animals .

scrapydoo
19-Mar-06, 21:33
bear in mind at the time i was only 16. people that are still asking questions go away and read what else i wrote that will give you the answers that you need.
just because you were 16 at the time it should not make any difference should it. maybe we have been brought up different but i wanted a dog when i was younger my parents got me one on the condition that i feed it took it for walks a didn't get board of it and i still have it now so it shows age should not make a difference

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 21:42
Look everyone. In an ideal world, pets wouldnt get pregnant by accident and people wouldnt have to give their pets away. But its not an ideal world and these things will always happen for one reason or another. Just because someone has to give their pet away, it doesnt mean they enjoy doing it or care about them any less. Things happen in peoples lives. You are all speaking like the pets were getting battered or something.

the original ducky
19-Mar-06, 21:50
well said soz about the hurtfull coments its silly eh? im sure all those that passes judgement aint all that grand themselfs. kettle black!

Zambo
19-Mar-06, 21:53
Look everyone. In an ideal world, pets wouldnt get pregnant by accident and people wouldnt have to give their pets away. But its not an ideal world and these things will always happen for one reason or another. Just because someone has to give their pet away, it doesnt mean they enjoy doing it or care about them any less. Things happen in peoples lives. You are all speaking like the pets were getting battered or something.

Sorry, but it doesn't have to be an "ideal" world - just a responsible world. Pets don't have to "get pregnant by accident" - they just need responsible owners to take them to the vets to be dressed. If owners can't afford to pay for this, there are always animal charities out there who will help with the cost.
In certain circumstances, there will be times when pets have to be given away - but not as often as it is happening at the moment.
If everyone was responsible, then we wouldn't be having these problems. I would love to have a puppy, but I don't have one, due to a very busy house full of children, which is no place for a puppy. Other people I know would also love to have a puppy, but realise they can't, due to work commitments etc.
If we could all have a responsible attitude, it would certainly help.
If people had to spend some time working with an animal charity, they would see for themselves, what an effect this kind of attitude can have on animals. Animals do suffer when they are given away - they are part of the family one minute, then given away through no fault of their own. This can lead to behavioural problems with some animals. Also, trying to rehome them can be very difficult. If people could see what it's like for an animal charity, desperately trying to find new homes for unwanted animals, they would be devastated. Try spending some time with an animal charity after Christmas, when they have loads of unwanted kittens and puppies, or unwanted older animals who have been given away to make room for cuddly puppies and kittens - it would break your heart.

Sorry - I really don't mean to get at anyone here, but this is a very worrying subject, and animals are suffering due to humans being irresponsible.

porshiepoo
19-Mar-06, 21:53
Come on you guys, this is getting a tad ridiculous now. Are you all so bored on a sunday night that mud slinging is the highlight????

Responsible dog ownership doesn't begin and end with keeping or not keeping a dog. It also entails being adult, caring and responsible enough to rehome the animal if you cannot give it the care it needs (for whatever reason), despite how much you love it and want to keep it. It also means admitting to mistakes and seeking advice to help make those mistakes easier for the dog (having pups in this case)
In an ideal world there would be no mistakes but they do happen and Moose and Lindsey have been responsible enough owners to seek that advice. Lay off!!!!

I once bred a litter of danes. I homed all to what I believed to be fantastic homes. One of them though rang me about a year later claiming their circumstances had changed and could I take the dog back. The dog lived miles away but i was glad to do it just for peace of mind with regards to the pups future. When we moved up here I advertised that dog and sold him to a lady in Inverness (after having him castrated and vet checked).
Does that make me a bad owner? Don't think so. I was responsible enough to say that although I didn't want to keep the dog I wanted to find him a good home, so thats what I did.

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 21:54
I do understand where everyone is coming from tho, but they make it out to be so evil.

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 22:10
Sorry, but it doesn't have to be an "ideal" world - just a responsible world. Pets don't have to "get pregnant by accident" - they just need responsible owners to take them to the vets to be dressed. If owners can't afford to pay for this, there are always animal charities out there who will help with the cost.
In certain circumstances, there will be times when pets have to be given away - but not as often as it is happening at the moment.
If everyone was responsible, then we wouldn't be having these problems. I would love to have a puppy, but I don't have one, due to a very busy house full of children, which is no place for a puppy. Other people I know would also love to have a puppy, but realise they can't, due to work commitments etc.
If people had to spend some time working with an animal charity, they would see for themselves, what an effect this kind of attitude can have on animals. Animals do suffer when they are given away - they are part of the family one minute, then given away through no fault of their own. This can lead to behavioural problems with some animals. Also, trying to rehome them can be very difficult. If people could see what it's like for an animal charity, desperately trying to find new homes for unwanted animals, they would be devastated. Try spending some time with an animal charity after Christmas, when they have loads of unwanted kittens and puppies, or unwanted older animals who have been given away to make room for cuddly puppies and kittens - it would break your heart.

Sorry - I really don't mean to get at anyone here, but this is a very worrying subject, and animals are suffering due to humans being irresponsible.Brilliant post Zambo...lets hope it makes people think about the responsibilities of keeping pets.

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 22:12
I do understand where everyone is coming from tho, but they make it out to be so evil.You stared it off your self to sound as if it was something really bad, on this thread and on the other one. By the way you started off, how did you expect us caring owners to react?

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 22:21
Thanks porshiepoo.
I just started because i was annoyed to see someone going on about how bad it is to let your pets have litters and to give pets to others people, when she had done both. It just annoyed me, then it turned into a big fight and got out of hand.

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 22:23
You stared it off your self to sound as if it was something really bad, on this thread and on the other one. By the way you started off, how did you expect us caring owners to react?

You have no right to say we arent caring owners. do you know me? NO. well

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 22:27
You have no right to say we arent caring owners. do you know me? NO. wellIt was the argument between yourself and ducky that made me think that. If you don't want people to think these things then do not post them for every-one to read!!

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 22:29
well you thought wrong didnt you.

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 22:31
I'm quite sure that the people reading this thread are quite capable of coming to their own conclusions!! :rolleyes:

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 22:35
good good.

Chillie
19-Mar-06, 22:42
Come on you guys, this is getting a tad ridiculous now. A
In an ideal world there would be no mistakes but they do happen and Moose and Lindsey have been responsible enough owners to seek that advice. Lay off!!!!

what advice porshiepoo?

ice box
19-Mar-06, 22:44
looks like too me that you are all the same family that thinks it ok to go and get pet and then get rid like i said animal is for life not a toy i think the best thing you can do do is not have any more this thing makes me mad grrrrrr there should be a law

Chillie
19-Mar-06, 22:46
looks like too me that you are all the same family that thinks it ok to go and get pet and then get rid like i said animal is for life not a toy i think the best thing you can do do is not have any more this thing makes me mad grrrrrr there should be a law

same family indeed :evil

scrapydoo
19-Mar-06, 22:47
why did you start arguing on a public forum for all to see you are not putting yourselfs across as animal lovers to me more like stupid spoiled girls who want a little cute puppy or kitten and get boared of them.

wee_fuzzy_kitty
19-Mar-06, 22:52
ok everyone

ice box
19-Mar-06, 22:58
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Foxy
19-Mar-06, 23:03
I am delighted that moose and lindsey dog has managed to have her puppies alright and everything is going well, but I'm slightly saddened by some of the comments being made, accidents do happen among animals and humans not everything is planned but hopefully they will have learnt from what's happened and get there dog speyed and hopefully find loving homes for all the puppies.

scrapydoo
19-Mar-06, 23:06
I am delighted that moose and lindsey dog has managed to have her puppies alright and everything is going well, but I'm slightly saddened by some of the comments being made, accidents do happen among animals and humans not everything is planned but hopefully they will have learnt from what's happened and get there dog speyed and hopefully find loving homes for all the puppies.
but it's not the first time is it and it won't be the last either

angela5
19-Mar-06, 23:10

Sorry - I really don't mean to get at anyone here, but this is a very worrying subject, and animals are suffering due to humans being irresponsible.

Well said zambo..

attidude9464
19-Mar-06, 23:35
Hi Moose and Lindsay

Just wanted to say that when your puppies are ready for rehoming please ensure that the pups are rehomed to responsible pet owners. If you need any help in finding good homes for your pups then please do not hesitate to contact the Balmore Animal Welfare Centre as I am sure they will be more than willing to help you. Cheers

scrapydoo
19-Mar-06, 23:51

well said zambo

nancypotter45
19-Mar-06, 23:54
on a personal note, well done to moose & lindsay for asking for advice when they felt they needed it and i am glad they received it, though the sarcasm etc was uncalled for on a public forum and maybe should have been restricted to PM's.
It's great to hear that mum and pups are doing so well :)
in my own opinion and experience, i have found that letting a bitch have a litter of pups is beneficial to her health and mental well being, accidents can and do happen and all is well that ends well so why have a go now? it is pointless apart from fishing for an argument in my view.

Moose & Lindsay,
congratulations on your new additions, and i hope you have heaps of fun with the little bundles of fun and mischief as they start to move about, then walk, then run and play, and then start chewing ;) lol

Well said tugmistress. Congrats to moose and lindsay and well done to mum.

moose and Lindsay
20-Mar-06, 01:12
but it's not the first time is it and it won't be the last either

I have been watching all these posts all night, firstly i can't be held responsible for my 20yr old daughter fighting on the forum with my ex husbands girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!

As for chillie please read and understand this next statement

This is were 1st litter of puppies not the 2nd or 3rd as u seem to keep on quoting!!!!!!!!!!

This is the only female dog i have had, she is 1 year old tomorrow, on your understanding she must of had her 1st litter when she was about 3month old, wise up man and talk sense

As for connieb19 input to this thread, some points u r making r true but u seem to keep on harping on about us not caring for were pets and this is totally untrue, we understand the situation is not spot on and we do agree we do need to get the dog dressed and we r doing everything in were powers to insure the pups r going to good homes (3 have been found thanx to caithness.org users) and before u start its not people pitying the dogs, it is responsible people like myself

The reason for putting in this post was not to engage a full on keyboard war, but just to inform the people who advised us from the original thread we posted,that mother had 7 pups and r all are well

wee_fuzzy_kitty
20-Mar-06, 01:26
sorry for making things worse, it just all got out of hand.

porshiepoo
20-Mar-06, 09:12
Moose and Lindsey, Congrats on finding some good homes for the pups, I don't think you'll have too much of a problem rehoming the rest.

Right, I'm gonna set myself up for a right old backlash now, but heres goes.
I have cats as well as dogs, all cats are speyed and the dogs too unless I'm showing them, however, we bought two kittens a couple of years ago and at less than a year old the kittens came back pregnant from the same wild cat.
Yes, I should have gotten them speyed sooner as I normally do but we were in the process of moving back to England and through my own fault it didn't get done.
The cats had the kittens (these cats were pedigrees too and I never had any intention of breeding from them) and I rehomed all but one of them which we kept and is now waiting for the right age to be speyed. The two that had the kittens were speyed as soon as possible after having the kittens.
I dare say there will be some of you that say I was cruel, irresponsible and shouldn't have animals.
I have no defence to that. I've had animals my whole life, they're vet checked regularly, wormed, frontlined and have great lives. This was one moment of irresponsiblity that unfortunately caused our pets to have kittens but I've learnt from that and it will never happen again.

(before anyone comments - yes both the cats did fall pregnant at the same time, I didn't let it happen once and then happen again. Both were from the same litter and had their kittens one week apart. No defence I know but just so you know)

moose and Lindsay
20-Mar-06, 09:34
Hi porshiepoo

Your situation is just the same as ours

Moose bought a house in the country and i lived on a main road so we thought the cat would be better off out in the country 2 so moose took her, with it being the country there is bound to be wild cats about but we never thought coz we never saw any cats about until she came in one night with her bits all red etc and then we knew

When she had the kittens she was so happy(purring 24/7) the thought of her not having anymore wasn't right,(if i was told i couldn't have anymore kids i would be devastated) she we left her, we got homes for all the kittens, infact we didn't have enough kittens to go round, but she soon got pregnant again, which we thought was too soon, so after the next litter we got her spayed, all kittens went to good homes apart from 1 which we kept, she is doing well and her kitten is 1 yr old in may and she is such a loving cat, purrs the whole time and wants petted the whole time, we called her Lucy

And before anyone starts she is getting spayed!!!!!!!

But i don't think its anyones business anyway [para]

connieb19
20-Mar-06, 09:54
When she had the kittens she was so happy(purring 24/7) the thought of her not having anymore wasn't right,(if i was told i couldn't have anymore kids i would be devastated) she we left her, [lol] [lol] [lol] Need I say more!!!!

scrapydoo
20-Mar-06, 10:27
Lindsay quote But i don't think its anyones business anyway [para]

If you don't want people to know your business why for goodness sake post about it on caithness forums :evil

porshiepoo
20-Mar-06, 10:38
[lol] [lol] [lol] Need I say more!!!!

The thing is Connie, if moose and lindsey found loving homes for these kittens, if the mum was healthy and happy can that really be classed as irresponsible?
Yes, the rescue places are full of unwanted pets, granted! But moose and lindseys kittens were not unwanted, they found them perfect loving homes without the aid of rescue. Therefore, they haven't contributed to the rescue crisis in anyway at all.

As you're probably aware, I have great danes. At the moment I only have one boy, but I'm going to be looking for a bitch puppy this year with the idea of hopefully mating her to my dane boy. Does this make me irresponsible? after all I'm having a litter not intending to keep all of them! The one other dane litter I had, had 10 pups and I only kept 2 from that litter. 1 of them I then had to rehome as only one testicle descended so I couldn't show him and unfortunately the bitch I kept had to be put down almost 2 years ago - along with her mum.
Am I irresponsible and uncaring for rehoming that 1 boy who couldn't be shown? Some might say yes but I personally think it was the best thing for the boy. You see, at that time most of my time spent with my danes was spent travelling to shows, if he couldn't be shown I couldn't take him which meant him staying home alone. So, I found him a pet home where he still lives now and is doted on. I call that being responsible. Also by the time I finally accepted that he couldn't be shown (he was about 1 years old) the whole family loved this dog to bits, none of us wanted to rehome him but we all accepted it was best from him.
Now I didn't do it through rescue, I vetted the home myself and all my pups went on the grounds that I will take them back at whatever age and must never be sent to rescue.

ice box
20-Mar-06, 10:47
Moose and Lindsey, Congrats on finding some good homes for the pups, I don't think you'll have too much of a problem rehoming the rest.

Right, I'm gonna set myself up for a right old backlash now, but heres goes.
I have cats as well as dogs, all cats are speyed and the dogs too unless I'm showing them, however, we bought two kittens a couple of years ago and at less than a year old the kittens came back pregnant from the same wild cat.
Yes, I should have gotten them speyed sooner as I normally do but we were in the process of moving back to England and through my own fault it didn't get done.
The cats had the kittens (these cats were pedigrees too and I never had any intention of breeding from them) and I rehomed all but one of them which we kept and is now waiting for the right age to be speyed. The two that had the kittens were speyed as soon as possible after having the kittens.
I dare say there will be some of you that say I was cruel, irresponsible and shouldn't have animals.
I have no defence to that. I've had animals my whole life, they're vet checked regularly, wormed, frontlined and have great lives. This was one moment of irresponsiblity that unfortunately caused our pets to have kittens but I've learnt from that and it will never happen again.

(before anyone comments - yes both the cats did fall pregnant at the same time, I didn't let it happen once and then happen again. Both were from the same litter and had their kittens one week apart. No defence I know but just so you know)
How can a cat get pregnant from a wild cat and have pedigree kittens please explain iam confused ??????/

moose and Lindsay
20-Mar-06, 11:11
I've had enough some people can be nice about things and understand so thanx to everyone who gave well wishes etc

But u lot who just pick i can't be bothered anymore!!

Thread closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!