PDA

View Full Version : What are you?

Vistravi
24-Jun-09, 21:38
Introvert or extrovert?

I think i am a introvert after reading this link, it all fits. I learn alot about people by studying them and their body language. I'm a good judge of character because of that.
The only thing i don't think i am in a introvert is that most introverts need to be alone after being with other people all day. i can't stand being on my own. one to two evenings is fine but spend the rest of the time with my friends.

http://psychology.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_introvert

Lolabelle
24-Jun-09, 21:51
I think I must be an introvert, but I'm quite outgoing somedays. If I'm in the mood I can be the life of the party and keep a large group entertained with silly stories. So not sure, maybe a shy extrovert or a outgoing introvert! LOL [lol]

Julia
24-Jun-09, 21:54
I'll guess I'm an extrovert before I check out the link...

TRUCKER
24-Jun-09, 22:05
i go both ways so i said i was both, quiet at times but the life and sole of the party at other times

Vistravi
24-Jun-09, 22:10
I think I must be an introvert, but I'm quite outgoing somedays. If I'm in the mood I can be the life of the party and keep a large group entertained with silly stories. So not sure, maybe a shy extrovert or a outgoing introvert! LOL [lol]

Lol Lolabelle. Maybe you're like me, bit of both. I'm shy but very cheeky when in a situation i am comfortable in. My mothers partner gets a bit of that and so does my partner ;) i just get it back lol. But despite being shy i will and can talk to just about anyone and its only personal things i keep private. Nothing else matters lol. Jox will know bout my cheekiness;)

Lolabelle
24-Jun-09, 22:17
I just realised that I'm not at all secretive, I am so honest and open that I get myself into trouble constantly. I blab everything, and am the kind of person who cant nut out a problem unless I talk around it for hours. Much to the horror of my hermit loner of a husband. :eek:

George Brims
24-Jun-09, 22:33
Introvert until just after the third or fourth drink...

wndyndy
24-Jun-09, 23:05
Introvert or extrovert?

I think i am a introvert after reading this link, it all fits. I learn alot about people by studying them and their body language. I'm a good judge of character because of that.
The only thing i don't think i am in a introvert is that most introverts need to be alone after being with other people all day. i can't stand being on my own. one to two evenings is fine but spend the rest of the time with my friends.

i was a introvert, until i got a job. on my work, i comunicate with people alot, i guess everyone who knows me will say i am extrovert, but i think i am little bit of both.

wndyndy
24-Jun-09, 23:06
Introvert until just after the third or fourth drink...
yeah, alchol makes a lot of people extrovert

Vistravi
24-Jun-09, 23:16
I just realised that I'm not at all secretive, I am so honest and open that I get myself into trouble constantly. I blab everything, and am the kind of person who cant nut out a problem unless I talk around it for hours. Much to the horror of my hermit loner of a husband. :eek:

i'm the same. it gets me into trouble alot too, usually with my partner lol

northener
25-Jun-09, 10:21
I'm pretty quiet...stop laughing at the back.....uunless I'm in the right frame of mind.

I'm also a hospitable misanthrope.

Thumper
25-Jun-09, 14:19
I am an introvert,well I think I am but my friends would say different,I am quite shy until I either -A: get to know you or B:have a few drinks, then I come out of my shell (most of my mates probably wish I didnt) I used to be terrible for worrying what other people thought of me,now I just think stuff it,you either like me or you dont,and I just be myself x

Mrs Bucket
25-Jun-09, 21:46
Introvert or extrovert?

Another poll whats the point what does it acheive?

Mrs Bucket
25-Jun-09, 21:47
I would sayI'm both

teenybash
26-Jun-09, 00:19
I too am a bit of both which I put down to the company I am in and how well I know them.:)

Oddquine
26-Jun-09, 01:35
Contrary to how I appear on forums..................I'm a shy and quiet introvert.

butterfly
26-Jun-09, 03:47
I too am a bit of both which I put down to the company I am in and how well I know them.:)

I'm like that too,depends who i am with.

cuddlepop
26-Jun-09, 19:50
It depends who I'm with and what i'm doing.

Its funny though as I've got older I'm more introverted.:confused

Vistravi
26-Jun-09, 20:06
It depends who I'm with and what i'm doing.

Its funny though as I've got older I'm more introverted.:confused

Hmm i see how you feel that way as i am the opposite. i've always been somewhat introverted but as i get older i am becoming a bit more of an extrovert. I was so shy as a teenager but now i've lost that shyness alot and will speak to absoultly everyone and now have the confidence to tell someone who needs it where to go.:)

Wizzbang
27-Jun-09, 02:39
I had to go on a training day for work a while ago. On it we had a questionnaire to fill in. At the end of it we were given colours. I was a Blue and green.
Apparently the Reds are the extroverts.
The colours are Reds Yellow Blues and Green or a mixture.

I think it used a lot in some industries. I believe Transocean put your colours on the safety hats so you can tell what sort of person you are speaking to.

Perhaps we could all where our own colours when out.

crayola
27-Jun-09, 02:42
:confused
I .... now have the confidence to tell someone who needs it where to go.:)
I'm lost Vistravi, where should I go? :lol:

Interesting thread, most people claim to be neither one nor the other. Are they lost too?

Vistravi
27-Jun-09, 03:33
:confused
I'm lost Vistravi, where should I go? :lol:

Interesting thread, most people claim to be neither one nor the other. Are they lost too?

Depends where you want me to put you;)

It is interesting how so many people see themselves as both. Shows its not clear cut as to whats what when it comes to personailty

Tighsonas4
28-Jun-09, 11:01
I am an introvert,well I think I am but my friends would say different,I am quite shy until I either -A: get to know you or B:have a few drinks, then I come out of my shell (most of my mates probably wish I didnt) I used to be terrible for worrying what other people thought of me,now I just think stuff it,you either like me or you dont,and I just be myself x
thats me in a oner, im just myself ,take it or leave it what the other person thinks is of no interest or business of mine [lol] a case of be my guest [lol] tony

David Banks
28-Jun-09, 14:56
I guess I'm an introvert, because I've just started to think 'green.'