PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a monster, in your washing machine

balto
24-Jun-09, 20:35
That eats socks......... I have given up on ever expecting a matching pair of socks to come out of the washing machine, my pile of odd socks gets bigger, with no trace of the missing socks anywhere. i think socks should be either black or whie so at least you could match up your odd socks. am i the only one on the org to have a sock eating monster living in their washing machine.:roll::roll:

cuddlepop
24-Jun-09, 20:42
My daughters washing machine is my best friend.I accidently forgot..when do I remember to check pockets....
These particular jeans were manky so just sort of stuffed them in.

I literally laundered £150 and a mobile phone.

Luckily money was dried and it was fine.The phone once taken apart and dried still works.Memory card knackered and speakers crackily but it works.:lol:...all on a hot soapy wash too.:eek:

teenybash
24-Jun-09, 20:53
I too have a Sock Eating Monster under the guise of a washing machine.....the pile of single socks keeps growing and I am now at the stage of considering starting a lonely sock agency..................;)

balto
24-Jun-09, 20:55
I too have a Sock Eating Monster under the guise of a washing machine.....the pile of single socks keeps growing and I am now at the stage of considering starting a lonely sock agency..................;)
well if you do i have a carrier bag fuull that would join up lol.[lol]

joxville
24-Jun-09, 20:55
Has it ever occured to you to buy a washbag or use an old pillowcase to put the socks in when washing?

(And they say us men are useless at housework. :roll:)

[lol]

balto
24-Jun-09, 20:58
Has it ever occured to you to buy a washbag or use an old pillowcase to put the socks in when washing?

[lol]
men and washing machines, thought that was unheard of, i wont let my other half near the machine, as he cant get to crips to seperating whites and colors.

golach
24-Jun-09, 21:06
Has it ever occured to you to buy a washbag or use an old pillowcase to put the socks in when washing? (And they say us men are useless at housework. )
A man after my own heart, been doing this for years, as the meercat says "simple chirippp" [lol]

tracy ann
24-Jun-09, 21:17
I have an odd sock drawer - this currently has more socks in it than the paired ones in everyones drawers!!!

Nightmare:roll:

Vistravi
24-Jun-09, 21:19
men and washing machines, thought that was unheard of, i wont let my other half near the machine, as he cant get to crips to seperating whites and colors.

(gets ready to stand for firing squad) I don't seperate colours i just throw it all in. Luckily enough i have to wear black trousers to both jobs so that makes it easier. But as its just me for a few weeks sometimes there is never enough clothes to seperate them anyway so i counteract it all by putting it all on a non fast colour wash. Won't put new jeans in with anything but other jeans though.

My monster is the washing machine. i have yet to lose any socks but it near the end of its cycle makes so much noise i think its trying to airlift out of the kitchen:eek:

Vistravi
24-Jun-09, 21:28

[lol]

My partner does this but i often don't bother. And most often than not they end up in jeans, sheets tops etc. always a stray sock in the ironing hiding.[lol]

Dadie
24-Jun-09, 21:30
I collect the odd socks from the washing in a carrier bag and when its full it gets looked through and pairs hopefully made and the rest chucked where upon the missing socks crawl home:lol:
The washing machine also has funny turns with underwired bras ever so often... chewing them up but only the nice ones not the old grey ones.
It also likes to stick the velcro bits on Ionas bibs to tights and chew silk tops even on the silk/delicates wash option!
Maybe I should do what my Granny used to do ..... boil wash everything:lol:
That what survives will survive anything...those that dont will fit the bairns dollies:eek:

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jun-09, 21:30
When I read the title it reminded me of this thread.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=21702&highlight=sock

It was one of the funniest on the org :eek: sadly a few posters no longer are here any more.

Lolabelle
24-Jun-09, 21:44
I don't ever seem to lose my socks, just Dave's, but he gets a dozen pairs of lovely high visibility black and orange work socks.
Sometimes one disappears and it's lonely partner floats in the sock drawer until the missing one comes back from the Gold Coast where it must have been holidaying!
These missing socks must leave the house, because they certainly aren't anywhere in the house. [evil]

Vistravi
24-Jun-09, 22:24
Thanks for the link Alice. What a laugh the thread gave me.

telfordstar
24-Jun-09, 22:49
That eats socks......... I have given up on ever expecting a matching pair of socks to come out of the washing machine, my pile of odd socks gets bigger, with no trace of the missing socks anywhere. i think socks should be either black or whie so at least you could match up your odd socks. am i the only one on the org to have a sock eating monster living in their washing machine.:roll::roll:

oh thank heavens balto I'm not the only one who has this prob.

joxville
24-Jun-09, 22:52

Men invented the washing machine to make your life easier.....it's not our fault you can't carry out a simple task such as pairing up socks. ;)

Lolabelle
24-Jun-09, 22:55
Men invented the washing machine to make your life easier.....it's not our fault you can't carry out a simple task such as pairing up socks. ;)
Thanks, you gave me quite a giggle with this comment. I was going to give you a good rep, but the thingy said I had to spread it around! Funny thing is I haven't been on the org for a long time, so you must have been my last rep given.
Again, thanks for a laugh.[lol]

joxville
24-Jun-09, 22:57
Thanks, you gave me quite a giggle with this comment. I was going to give you a good rep, but the thingy said I had to spread it around! Funny thing is I haven't been on the org for a long time, so you must have been my last rep given.
Again, thanks for a laugh.[lol]
Thanks, glad you liked it, I like to do my bit to amuse the care-in-the-community orgers. [lol]

Nvidi4
25-Jun-09, 11:23
I don't ever seem to lose my socks, just Dave's, but he gets a dozen pairs of lovely high visibility black and orange work socks.
Sometimes one disappears and it's lonely partner floats in the sock drawer until the missing one comes back from the Gold Coast where it must have been holidaying!
These missing socks must leave the house, because they certainly aren't anywhere in the house. [evil]

I never loose my sox either! :cool: I had three men in the house at one stage and was always coming up with odd sox.....then they all left one by one and lo and behold the problem went with them! :eek:

ShelleyCowie
25-Jun-09, 12:11
My machine is quite good. :) But the tumble dryer is another story!

My washing machine bounces across my kitchen tho! Dont blame it since i do 4 laods of washing a day at least lol.

And i dont seperate colours from whites. If i did i wud be doin loads more washin!! lol.

But i have not changed the colour of anything! :Razz Proud considerin i never knew how to even turn a washing machine on when i moved out o my mums 2 years ago! [lol]

Stefan
25-Jun-09, 12:50
There is a solution for everybody who has a problem with the sock monster:

http://www.cyclopssockclip.com/buy.aspx?gid=5

Green_not_greed
25-Jun-09, 13:34
I'll bet these wallabies would see a few monsters in theirs, if they had one...

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=79737

girnigoe
25-Jun-09, 13:54
When I read the title it reminded me of this thread.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=21702&highlight=sock

It was one of the funniest on the org :eek: sadly a few posters no longer are here any more.

Thank you SO much for that link Alice. Im sat here at my pc with tears STREAMING down my face. :lol:

What a spoilsport Bill was for locking that one :D

Vistravi
25-Jun-09, 18:38
My machine is quite good. But the tumble dryer is another story!

My washing machine bounces across my kitchen tho! Dont blame it since i do 4 laods of washing a day at least lol.

And i dont seperate colours from whites. If i did i wud be doin loads more washin!! lol.

But i have not changed the colour of anything! Proud considerin i never knew how to even turn a washing machine on when i moved out o my mums 2 years ago!

Mines is the same. it tries to airlift out after bouncing about[lol][lol][lol]

wndyndy
25-Jun-09, 21:15

[lol]
that is what i am doing for my laundering, put all the socks in the washing net, then all the socks always go in and out of washing machine as "couples"

Alice in Blunderland
25-Jun-09, 21:40
Thank you SO much for that link Alice. Im sat here at my pc with tears STREAMING down my face. :lol:

What a spoilsport Bill was for locking that one :D

Okay if you liked that one here's another classic thread that had so many people posting. More tears I would think. :D

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=22983

Stefan
25-Jun-09, 21:43
Half the time they don't go in the laundry basket as "couples"... The only socks that are usually in pairs are my own... I find most missing socks behind radiators, underneath beds or even mattresses, behind wardrobes etc. The joy of having children... ;)

georgegwf
25-Jun-09, 22:01
We used to have the same problem two socks go in (we thought) one sock comes out[disgust]. Went on for some time........ Cleaning out gap between shed and garden wall (filled with usual junk leaves,crisp bags,sweetie wrappers e.t.c[evil]) and lo and behold here lies the odd sock graveyard ???? other items found such as boxer shorts a tee shirt one pair of gym shorts!!!!! After much interrigation of the children............. turns out my cat has an affinity for socks and other clothing items. Steals them from the dirty laundry basket and makes a bed between the wall and shed:D Now check between shed and wall on a regular basis.....

Vistravi
25-Jun-09, 22:19
We used to have the same problem two socks go in (we thought) one sock comes out. Went on for some time........ Cleaning out gap between shed and garden wall (filled with usual junk leaves,crisp bags,sweetie wrappers e.t.c) and lo and behold here lies the odd sock graveyard ???? other items found such as boxer shorts a tee shirt one pair of gym shorts!!!!! After much interrigation of the children............. turns out my cat has an affinity for socks and other clothing items. Steals them from the dirty laundry basket and makes a bed between the wall and shed Now check between shed and wall on a regular basis.....

[lol][lol][lol] Oh dear what a cat!!!!