PDA

View Full Version : fortune told

the original ducky
16-Mar-06, 12:55
hello has anybody had there hand read. im am wanting to get it done but i done have the nerve just incase the person ays someting i dont want to hear. has anybody had it done if so was it anygood did things come true or do you think that its a waste of money to get done. who does it?

WeeBurd
16-Mar-06, 13:02
Hmmmm... I had my hands and cards read by the wifie from Watten, oh about 5yrs ago now. She said some very precise stuff which, it has transpired, has been spot on, and no-one could/would ever have seen them coming (not even me)! That said, much of the stuff she came up with was waffle that was really quite general, and could have fitted anyone with a bit of imagination... I'm sitting staying on the fence for now!:grin:

the original ducky
16-Mar-06, 13:19
would you do it again? being it was five years ago?

WeeBurd
16-Mar-06, 15:31
Yeah, I think so. I was offered recently, but didn't want to tempt fate (currently with child ;) ). Guess that suggests I must half believe it somewhere deep down :lol:

katarina
16-Mar-06, 19:19
Hmmmm... I had my hands and cards read by the wifie from Watten, oh about 5yrs ago now. She said some very precise stuff which, it has transpired, has been spot on, and no-one could/would ever have seen them coming (not even me)! That said, much of the stuff she came up with was waffle that was really quite general, and could have fitted anyone with a bit of imagination... I'm sitting staying on the fence for now!:grin:

Same here. Some of the stuff she told me was frighteningly accurate but i'm scared to go back cos after having been three times, I went along with a friend and decided to have another go since i was there anyway, but I told her - 'I'm almost scared to come here, cos everytime i do, you see another baby in my hand.'
Guess what her first words were? Another baby!
'I told you, no more babies!' I screamed.
'Well, you chose the cards,' she says.
Now we have a fourth bouncing baby in the family and wouldn't be without him for the world! But I'm not tempting fate and going back again!

brandy
16-Mar-06, 19:33
any real psycic will never tell you bad things..
they only do *light* readings..
wont give you news that you are going to die on so and so date.. ect.. they can give you general guidance.. had mine read when i was 21 as well as a past life reading *grins* she asked if i had any conncetion with scotland .. and i said well i have always wanted to go there since i was a little girl.. she looked me straight in the eye and said.. you have to go to scotland your destiny lies there and you will never be truly happy if you dont.. *laughs* my mates and i left.. thinking yeah right... it will be years and years if i ever go.. which is doubtful..
hmmm a year and a half later not only am i far far away from home and hearth .. but in scotland and married to a wicker!

abalone
16-Mar-06, 19:39
Dear KatarinaI don't think having your hand read makes babies:lol:

WeeBurd
16-Mar-06, 21:07
That's where I get a bit selective about what to believe, because she did actually tell me something unpleasant, although I don't think she meant it that way - maybe it was just a bit more of an insight into the future than I expected. And having had a few glasses of wine, as you do, I made the mistake of coming bouncing home, and spilling it all to my fiance (now husband!)... really wish I hadn't said a thing, as it was gumphhh. Don't really want to discuss what exactly she said on the board, if that's ok <blush>.

katarina
16-Mar-06, 23:59
Dear KatarinaI don't think having your hand read makes babies:lol:

Really? Oh, heck, what have i been doing wrong?

flyfifer
17-Mar-06, 19:52
Where do the psychics get their information from?... I believe God is the only One who knows, and holds, my future, and I wouldn't trust it to anyone else -I know I won't persuade anyone else of this, and I'm not forcing anyone to believe it, but please don't get mixed up in this stuff.

brandy
17-Mar-06, 20:10
flyflifer
im guessing you are going with the superstitions that psycics are evil and anything supernatural is of the devil?
hun im deeply religious
but when your whole life has been surrounded by spirits and ghosties.. you tend to get over the whole it be the devils work bit.
you can tell when something is evil .. you can feel it.. in a persons or things aura.. so to speake
psycics are of the light.. they have a God given gift of seeing things that may be
possibilities..

WeeBurd
17-Mar-06, 21:55
Flyfifer - thanks for sharing your views. I think perhaps though you may be confusing a fun night out getting your fortune told with scary experiments on the ouija board or something similar[para], but apologies if I've read you wrong...

I haven't met anyone yet who takes it too seriously, even when they have been told of things that no-one else would know!! Most just view it as a fun night out, where you get together and laugh at the tosh these people come out with.

I think I'll leave the big deep debate regarding God for another day, it's Friday night after all :grin: .

WeeBurd
17-Mar-06, 21:56
flyflifer
im guessing you are going with the superstitions that psycics are evil and anything supernatural is of the devil?
hun im deeply religious
but when your whole life has been surrounded by spirits and ghosties.. you tend to get over the whole it be the devils work bit.
you can tell when something is evil .. you can feel it.. in a persons or things aura.. so to speake
psycics are of the light.. they have a God given gift of seeing things that may be
possibilities..

Brandy, I like your thinking!

connieb19
17-Mar-06, 21:57
Flyfifer - thanks for sharing your views. I think perhaps though you may be confusing a fun night out getting your fortune told with scary experiments on the ouija board or something similar[para], but apologies if I've read you wrong...

I haven't met anyone yet who takes it too seriously, even when they have been told of things that no-one else would know!! Most just view it as a fun night out, where you get together and laugh at the tosh these people come out with.

I think I'll leave the big deep debate regarding God for another day, it's Friday night after all :grin: .Weeburd....I agree totally with what you've just said here!! :D

brandy
17-Mar-06, 23:25
*laughs* should have seen my mates face.. when she watched the house and cats one time when we were on holiday!
i told her no to get spooked if strange things happened .. she laughed at me..
she kept coming in and doors she shut would be open.. she put it off as the cat opening.. finally she made sure the cat was out .. shut the doors firmly made sure they were shut.. FIRMLY.. and came back to find them all open.. *laughs* they like to open in turn a lot of times..
you will be down stairs and here them pop open.. or upstairs in teh room and see the door just open up.. no biggie.. use to things like that!
the one that freaked my whole family out was when my youngest brother now 18 was about 2.. my mum moved into a new house.. well had a long hallway from the living room to bed room.. my brother would always be jabbering away with someone.. and he always said it was the man in the closet.. to make a long story shorter.. one day we were all in teh living room
mom dad granny and kids..
kyle was jabbering away.. mum says ." are you talking to the man in the closet? "yes" he said.. she hand him a football and says roll it to him.. well my two year old brother rolls it down the hall.. it rolls all teh way down into the bedroom .. stops.. sits there for a sec. and rolls back to him.. lets just say we cleared out very fast .. and in the end my mum refused to live there as loads other things happened..

Fran
18-Mar-06, 00:20
:lol:I had my hands read by the lady in watten. she told me about my past and it was all true, some of which no one knew about so no one could have told her. she was also correct about my future. she told me i would have a serious operation but she couldn't understand how there was no cut or stitiches, and all this was true. i was amazed. i haven't been back but would like to, but she is cheaper if you get her to come to your house and there is a few of you getting your fortunes done. i might do that.!![lol]

wicker
18-Mar-06, 09:42
I have been to both woman at watten and groats and have to say i think its a load of rubbish. But in saying that the woman at groats has told a few people i know some spooky stuff that theres noway anyone would know. I do want to go again to the woman in groats give it another chance.

flyfifer
18-Mar-06, 14:46

I think I'll leave the big deep debate regarding God for another day, it's Friday night after all :grin: .

OK its Saturday now.....apologies accepted! Thanks for your respectul reply, a refreshing change as so often the Christian viewpoint is attacked. Brandy,it is not a superstition, read Deut 17 vs9-13. There's no difference between fortune tellers/tarot cards/ouija boards/8-ball/horoscopes - they have all been warned against by God, and dabbling in these opens a door for the devil. I used to think it was just innocent fun too, but having heard and read many accounts of the damage that is caused I would respectully advise folks to steer clear. Not a popular view I know, but my duty to warn people.

golach
18-Mar-06, 15:26
Is it me, but I have noticed this theme has very few comments from male Orgers, so is getting your palm read and fortune told, purely a Girlie thing or what? Just a curious owld mannie enquiring [lol]

ice box
18-Mar-06, 15:33
A load of rubbish if you ask me .

brandy
18-Mar-06, 15:41
so all the prophets were evil? what about the wise men who went in search of the infant jesus years before he was born?
jesus's birth and death was fortold long before he was born..
Jesus himself saw what was in the future.. we all have the ability in some small form or another..
the bible has to be taken with a grain if salt.. you can not take it literally..
1: it was written by man.. so is fallible..
2:it has been translated so many times that it is bound to have mistakes..
3 it is mostly proverbs and guidelines.. and a written history of ancient laws.. and the story of christ.

and if you go along with the argument that the above were works of God .. then who is to say that mediums and psycics are also not gifts from God..
as I said before anyone can sence something evil.
i agree ouji boards are asking for trouble because you are opening yourself up for demons and evil things..
your aura is there to protect you.. and as long as you have a healty aura psycic and soul you will be fine.
a demon can not touch you unless you invite it to.
evil can not touch you unless you let it.
that is why psycics have spirit guides. they are there to help and protect them from the bad souls and other nasty things out there..

cuddlepop
18-Mar-06, 20:34
Brandy your spot on with what you've said.:o)
If you want to believe then you will if you dont then you'll take alot of convincing and then some.
My granny use to go to a spiritulist in Glasgow and got comfort from them.
We're living in an age were science is proving there is something else out there.Our palms are suppose to be like road maps of our life.Past,present and future is written down and lines in our hands change.
That woman in Watten sounds good,i think i'll look here up next time i'm up. :o)

WeeBurd
18-Mar-06, 21:58
Golach, you are more than welcome to join the Org Burds on their forthcoming bus trip to see the Watten wifie... just remember to bring plenty of Lambrini & Pringles to keep the burds from molesting you ;) !!

golach
18-Mar-06, 23:32
Golach, you are more than welcome to join the Org Burds on their forthcoming bus trip to see the Watten wifie... just remember to bring plenty of Lambrini & Pringles to keep the burds from molesting you ;) !!
WeeBurd, many thanks for the kind invitation, to join in with the Witches O Kaitness on their annual trip to meet the Spey Wife o Watten. But I will gracefully decline you offer. My standing with the male Orgers is too important to me, If I was seen on a bus wi' a lot o screeching wimen, I would not be able to hold my head up again in CCWS [para]

WeeBurd
18-Mar-06, 23:41
WeeBurd, many thanks for the kind invitation, to join in with the Witches O Kaitness on their annual trip to meet the Spey Wife o Watten. But I will gracefully decline you offer. My standing with the male Orgers is too important to me, If I was seen on a bus wi' a lot o screeching wimen, I would not be able to hold my head up again in CCWS [para]

:lol: ... can't argue with that. Wimen O Kaitness - for goodness sakes, contain yur disappointment! :lol:

Moira
18-Mar-06, 23:51
:lol: ... can't argue with that. Wimen O Kaitness - for goodness sakes, contain yur disappointment! :lol:

WeeBurd - I'm gutted! Reading between the lines I think Golach really wants to join us so don't be surprised if he pm's you ;) In order to preserve Golach's "street cred" we would have to swear an oath of secrecy not to divulge it to the rest of the orger boys. Is that a deal?

WeeBurd
19-Mar-06, 09:42
Say no more, Moira, say no more...[para]

crayola
19-Mar-06, 15:18
We're living in an age were science is proving there is something else out there.We are? What? :confused:

cuddlepop
19-Mar-06, 17:39
There's been numerous programes and articals trying to prove there is an afterlife.
Without getting into a religious debate i believe there is.Ialso believe we're not alone in the universe too.
Iwish i could type like Jaws and tell you more but this form of communication i find difficult.
Tarot card, palm reading,astrology,tea leave reading are all ancient arts of communicating at a different level to what is :normal:There are many gifted people out there who have a sixth sense and can reach out to the next level .
I no i'm nuts but i'm harmless really.[lol]

Royster1911
19-Mar-06, 18:04
It1s all very true. Send me a fiver and I will read your palm. I will tell you just what you want to hear. No consultation needed. Just send photo or description of your hand. I fortell I will become rich and you will be a fiver short in your purse:lol:

cuddlepop
19-Mar-06, 19:20
Very good,now Royster whats the lotto numbers.[lol]

katarina
19-Mar-06, 23:44
Where do the psychics get their information from?... I believe God is the only One who knows, and holds, my future, and I wouldn't trust it to anyone else -I know I won't persuade anyone else of this, and I'm not forcing anyone to believe it, but please don't get mixed up in this stuff.

Are not all gifts God-given?

DrSzin
20-Mar-06, 02:40
There's been numerous programes and articals trying to prove there is an afterlife.
Without getting into a religious debate i believe there is.Ialso believe we're not alone in the universe too.
Iwish i could type like Jaws and tell you more but this form of communication i find difficult.
Tarot card, palm reading,astrology,tea leave reading are all ancient arts of communicating at a different level to what is :normal:There are many gifted people out there who have a sixth sense and can reach out to the next level .
I no i'm nuts but i'm harmless really.[lol]You're not nuts, but please don't attach the word science to your wishlist of things there's no evidence for.

Are we alone in the universe? I rather doubt it, but I have no evidence either way.

crayola
21-Mar-06, 00:18
Are not all gifts God-given?I thought you were a "don't know". You really don't know do you? :)

Lassie
21-Mar-06, 19:23
i was in my art class when my teacher read my palm's. It was very acurate but she didn't predict anything so that might be a bad sign hope not though.

bingo1
22-Mar-06, 16:07
I had my fortune told by the white witch of watten and i have to say that she was very impressive!!! She knew things that no-one knew about myself and my family. She has made a few predictions all have come true. Still some waiting to happen though. I think that anything is possible, we are here are we not? Now how was that possible.....

katarina
24-Mar-06, 15:42
I thought you were a "don't know". You really don't know do you? :)

Do you? do you? (Sorry to have to say it more than once, but apparently my message was 'too short')