PDA

View Full Version : Viewfirth

janette
16-Mar-06, 12:54
Ah the shame, poor old Viewfirth is to close. The hard working committee have given up the battle.

Whitewater
16-Mar-06, 15:43
It is a shame, but I guess it was inevitable. I wonder what their indoor bowling team will do now??

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Mar-06, 17:47
Another nail in Thurso's coffin. It WILL be missed.

Rheghead
16-Mar-06, 17:58
It is a real shame as the bingo for the auwld folks was very popular, they haven't got anywhere to go now except the legion.

I reckon the Ormlie club might benefit slightly out of this though probably not a great deal.

I think the Viewfirth would have struggled further in the era of the smoke free but at least we can't blame that piece of legislation for the viewfirth's closure unless the comittee were preempting the downfall in beer sales.

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Mar-06, 18:18
No-one is going to benefit from this. That is the tragedy here.

Fran
16-Mar-06, 19:14
I'm sorry to see the viewfirth come to an end as I have many happy memories of the place. i wonder if they would sell me their bingo machine as i have been looking for one for the hospital!!

Rheghead
16-Mar-06, 19:20
Fran, there is no harm in asking, it'd be for a good cause.:Razz

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Mar-06, 02:45
I'm sure more than a few people will be wanting to get a 'souvenier' from the Viewfirth, myself included. When they demolished the Moonshine Rock Bar (I mean Scapa House), I was gutted I didn't get my hands on the mannequin that sat behind a grill on the stage there.

weefee
17-Mar-06, 11:13
so what will happen to the building, will it be sold?

angela5
17-Mar-06, 11:32
It is a real shame as the bingo for the auwld folks was very popular, they haven't got anywhere to go now except the legion.

auwld folks like me! i keep meaning to try a bingo night in wick can anyone suggest a good club that does bingo?

krieve
17-Mar-06, 12:20
auwld folks like me! i keep meaning to try a bingo night in wick can anyone suggest a good club that does bingo?
you could try the francis street gersa usually a big turn out so i have heard anyway.

janette
17-Mar-06, 13:56
I'm sorry to see the viewfirth come to an end as I have many happy memories of the place. i wonder if they would sell me their bingo machine as i have been looking for one for the hospital!!

Maybe you could speak to the Chairman, and ask him ??????????????

cuddlepop
17-Mar-06, 16:56
Good luck Fran,unless the committee have other plans for the machine i cant see them objecting:D
I dont no the place myself but its a sham when these local; instititions : have to close.Even when they do a new build its never the same.:confused:

Fran
18-Mar-06, 00:34
I would recommend the francis Street club in wick. thursday and sunday starts at 8pm till 10pm and saturday is 7.30pm till just after 9pm. sunday night has more money and there is a lottery at the start of bingo...50p a ticket.... and you could win up to £1,000 depending on how many weeks it hasnt been won. Be there before the start time to get your tickets. sandwiches, pies and tea etc can be purchased at half time. the people are all very friendly and youll be welcomed and you will have a nice time.

connieb19
18-Mar-06, 00:37
I would recommend the francis Street club in wick. thursday and sunday starts at 8pm till 10pm and saturday is 7.30pm till just after 9pm. sunday night has more money and there is a lottery at the start of bingo...50p a ticket.... and you could win up to £1,000 depending on how many weeks it hasnt been won. Be there before the start time to get your tickets. sandwiches, pies and tea etc can be purchased at half time. the people are all very friendly and youll be welcomed and you will have a nice time. Don't you have to be a member? :confused:

willowbankbear
18-Mar-06, 02:06
Of sorts! It is a good club though , well run with a younger style commitee to keep it going strong,Well worth the fees though.:D

zebedy
19-Mar-06, 11:48
Been goin to the viewfirth since i was 5 to play snooker....

The hall had great use.. for bowling... CONCERTS !!

Argh... Were we goin to go.. now?

lol

R.I.P Viewfirth

pultneytooner
19-Mar-06, 12:04
The fee for the francis street is about £10 for the year which isn't alot considering the drink is reasonably priced, the staff are freindly and the food is great.