PDA

View Full Version : For those who lurk!

Saveman
15-Mar-06, 19:43
Everytime I go onto the "Who is Online" section there are loads of people who I've not seen post on here and they are usually private messaging!

Come on you lurkers! Introduce yourself....tells us how long you've been lurking and what the crack is!

Who is going to be the first to say hello to all your fellow orgers?
We don't bite....hard...

krieve
15-Mar-06, 19:50
I have noticed something to saveman you are on your 999 post lol

landmarker
15-Mar-06, 20:18
Most internet groups / forums have a high percentage of those who just read, and do no write. I used to think this was wrong and said so. Nowadays I'm more resigned to the 'to each their own' philosophy. I just think the writers should be pleased that the readers are interested enough to 'lurk'.

connieb19
15-Mar-06, 20:23
I have to admit, to begin with, I as a lurker. But, after a few days, I couldn't contain myself any more. I don't know how they can manage to do it?:confused: :Razz

Saveman
15-Mar-06, 20:26
There must be some that would like say something profound!

C'mon Lurkers! Lets hear ya!

angela5
15-Mar-06, 20:29
I was a lurker for a while...how i managed that i'll never know...now i can't keep my hands off the keyboard[lol]

Come on lurkers...don't be shy!

obiron
15-Mar-06, 20:33
surely loads o people have a wee lurk to see who is on and what the crack is. when the crack is good just sign in.

phoenix
15-Mar-06, 20:50
I have noticed something to saveman you are on your 999 post lol

Saveman..... I consulted my Angel Numbers book, for the number 999 it says........ "Get to work, Lightworker! The world needs your divine life purpose right now. Fully embark upon your sacred mision without delay or hesitation." :)

Saveman
15-Mar-06, 20:52
Saveman..... I consulted my Angel Numbers book, for the number 999 it says........ "Get to work, Lightworker! The world needs your divine life purpose right now. Fully embark upon your sacred mision without delay or hesitation." :)

Is that any better? :Razz

hoskins
15-Mar-06, 22:04
i am a lurker so hi everybody i only come out to play sometimes lol

golach
15-Mar-06, 22:14
Nothing wrong with a wee lurk now and again, at my age I'm getting good at it :evil

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Mar-06, 22:32
Nothing wrong with a wee lurk now and again, at my age I'm getting good at it :evil

Used to be a lurker but now I'm a bald orger!!!!!:lol: :lol:

thrumsterloon
15-Mar-06, 22:34
I too lurk most days of the week just to see what the crack is.

Buttercup
15-Mar-06, 22:43
I've been an unregistered lurker for a long, long time and just decided to join you all recently. Now I can voice my opinion on things that catch my attention.:grin:

golach
15-Mar-06, 22:46
I've been an unregistered lurker for a long, long time and just decided to join you all recently. Now I can voice my opinion on things that catch my attention.:grin:
Your welcome to at any time Buttercup, welcome to the home of the Orger's

Buttercup
15-Mar-06, 22:50
Thanks golach. I look forward to lots of interesting threads.[lol]

Saveman
15-Mar-06, 22:51

I'm sure Golach won't mind me joining in the welcome!

Hello Buttercup, Hoskins and Thrumsterloon! WELCOME!!! :Razz

Must be more out there! Make yourselves known!

Buttercup
15-Mar-06, 22:55
Hi Saveman ~ seems strange "speaking" to someone whose posts I've read so often! ;)

candyfloss
15-Mar-06, 23:07
I was a lurker too for a long time before i became a member about a month ago.Now i don't know why i did'nt join sooner:eyes
It's a right good crack sometimes:Razz :Razz

Saveman
15-Mar-06, 23:09
Hi Saveman ~ seems strange "speaking" to someone whose posts I've read so often! ;)

You better get used to it Buttercup! :Razz

I am only human.....apart from my super powers.... :p

willowbankbear
15-Mar-06, 23:12
Hola amigo Buttercup,Que pasa?
Did anybody else see Ned on yesterday? 1 post & somebody got suspended as well, so I find that very suspect. Not A Lurker for very long eh?[lol] :lol:

Gleber2
16-Mar-06, 01:03
All Lurkers welcome but watch that Saveman, he's got some stange ideas:lol:

canuck
16-Mar-06, 01:17

Buttercup don't listen to Gleber2. Saveman is a sweetheart.
As to the serious lurkers, let them be. I have a hard enough time keeping track of all the orgers as it is.
But, to those who have taken the plunge, welcome. C.org is a wonderful place to be.

Jeid
16-Mar-06, 03:41
Its quite funny how annoyed some lurkers get... yet they don't post :D

The Pepsi Challenge
16-Mar-06, 04:12
If they are lurking, then I have a sneaky suspicion it's because of that old Caithness adage: where through fear of scorn and ridicule, it would be better to keep silent than push your head above the parapet and make your own opinions known.

_awayoflife_
16-Mar-06, 09:08
i used to to that too :( =P just commin out of my shell lol but caithness.org has changed my lurking ways lol[lol]

squeezy
16-Mar-06, 11:09
OK, I guess it's time to put my hand up and be counted.

I've been lurking for a very long time, not as Pepsi says through fear, but more lack of time. There's been a number of threads that I've felt the urge to get stuck into but worried that'll I'll never get any work done ever again!

I mainly lurke to get the crack, see what's happening in god's county and find out what's getting the fishwives excited this week.

There have been some fabulous debates over the last wee while (and maybe some not so notable ones!) I'm looking forward to getting involved.

squeezy x

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 12:50

I've been lurking for a very long time, not as Pepsi says through fear, but more lack of time. There's been a number of threads that I've felt the urge to get stuck into but worried that'll I'll never get any work done ever again!

I mainly lurke to get the crack, see what's happening in god's county and find out what's getting the fishwives excited this week.

There have been some fabulous debates over the last wee while (and maybe some not so notable ones!) I'm looking forward to getting involved.

squeezy x

Welcome Squeezy!
I look forward to seeing your valuable contributions :Razz

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 12:51

:lol:

I'll try to keep my strange ideas to myself while the lurkers settle in.....then I'll pounce! ;)

laguna2
16-Mar-06, 13:10
... must admit I lurk a lot - but do sometimes post too.

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 13:21
... must admit I lurk a lot - but do sometimes post too.

Ah Laguna2, did you know that time travel is possible with only using a microwave and a packet of instant coffee? [para]

wickerinca
16-Mar-06, 13:36
Ah Laguna2, did you know that time travel is possible with only using a microwave and a packet of instant coffee? [para]

Ok.....I am bored so I'll bite!! You will have to explain this one Saveman......it is too early in the morning for me and I haven't have my three very necessary cup's of coffee yet!!!

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 13:55
Ok.....I am bored so I'll bite!! You will have to explain this one Saveman......it is too early in the morning for me and I haven't have my three very necessary cup's of coffee yet!!!

I'm just messing wif ya!
Just voicing one of my strange ideas that Gleber2 was talking about.....
Sometimes my humour confuses me as well so don't worry. :D

wickerinca
16-Mar-06, 14:00
Oh Ok! on second cup of coffee so hope I'll be up to speed soon....and will try not to put my apostrophes in the wrong place again!!

Anymore strange thoughts?

carlominno
16-Mar-06, 14:01
H'lo all. I've been a lurker for a long, long, long time and enjoy coming on to the message boards to see what the crack is, who's bickering with who and what issues are getting everyone riled up. I've learned a thing or two from more 'knowledgeable' people and some posts have made me think long and hard about issues that I would otherwise have disregarded.

Don't often have time to post (but made this an exception) and would like to thank all the regulars for their informative and entertaining debates that make us lurkers want to lurk in the first place.

xxxooo

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 14:02
Oh Ok! on second cup of coffee so hope I'll be up to speed soon....and will try not to put my apostrophes in the wrong place again!!

Anymore strange thoughts?

Don't start me! :lol:

Are washing lines actually trip wires for giants??

wickerinca
16-Mar-06, 14:04
What do birds think just before they smash into a window?

canuck
16-Mar-06, 14:05
squeezy x

You've nailed it squeezy. There is a tendancy to race to the screen and put all non-essentials aside. The word "housework" may never again cross your lips. You will find a wonderful community of people, most of whom you will really get to know through the PM system. A few weeks ago, someone observed it as the "secret life of ants." Welcome to this great place.

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 14:05
H'lo all. I've been a lurker for a long, long, long time and enjoy coming on to the message boards to see what the crack is, who's bickering with who and what issues are getting everyone riled up. I've learned a thing or two from more 'knowledgeable' people and some posts have made me think long and hard about issues that I would otherwise have disregarded.

Don't often have time to post (but made this an exception) and would like to thank all the regulars for their informative and entertaining debates that make us lurkers want to lurk in the first place.

xxxooo

Hello Carlominno! Thank you for saying hello to us all!
Glad you've enjoyed the Org as much as the rest of us. :)

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 14:06
What do birds think just before they smash into a window?

"Ah, there's a short cut here..."

wickerinca
16-Mar-06, 14:10
"Ah, there's a short cut here..."

Good one!!!!

Go and start a new thread about all of the silly things you have always wondered about but been afraid to ask out loud!!

I have to go and do some work now......a newsletter that should have been out three days ago but that is the pull of the org for you!!!.........but welcome to all of the ex-lurkers that have stood up to be counted!!

Hope that you join in the fun!!

Micki
16-Mar-06, 14:19
Hi everyone. I've been on as a lurker but i have only been registered a week, so it's my first post so please be kind. I look to see what's going on up there:D

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 14:21
Hi everyone.I`ve been on as a luker but i have only been registered a week, so it`s my first post so please be kind. I look to see what`s going on up there:D

Hello Micki! Welcome to the Org!
May you have many happy....er....posting experiences :D

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 14:24
Good one!!!!

Go and start a new thread about all of the silly things you have always wondered about but been afraid to ask out loud!!

<snip>

I'll let you kick that one off Wickerinca.....I gotta get back to work :(

crashbandicoot1979
16-Mar-06, 14:37
I was a lurker for a looooong time - registered but always too scared to post. Think I'm getting better now though....

erli
16-Mar-06, 14:44
I was a lurker for a looooong time - registered but always too scared to post. Think I'm getting better now though....

I used to feel like that, was frightened of being ripped to shreds. I haven't come fully out of my shell yet though.:cry:

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 14:50
I used to feel like that, was frightened of being ripped to shreds. I haven't come fully out of my shell yet though.:cry:

Oh dear, I think I had a go at you once Erli....that might have damaged your confidence, sorry about that. :(

Billy Boy
16-Mar-06, 14:53
hi, i'm a bit of a lurker, just wish that i could learn to lurk on ebay then i would save an absolute fortune, i'm buying faster that the wife can sell[disgust]

unicorn
16-Mar-06, 15:04
hi, i'm a bit of a lurker, just wish that i could learn to lurk on ebay then i would save an absolute fortune, i'm buying faster that the wife can sell[disgust]
are you my husband????? lol :)

Gleber2
16-Mar-06, 15:06

You forgot the sugar, iron filings and weed killer. Try that and I'll see you last year.[evil]

Billy Boy
16-Mar-06, 15:08
are you my husband????? lol :)

no lol, but maybe he's ma secret twin:lol:

unicorn
16-Mar-06, 15:11
The postman laughs now when he comes to my door cos he knows I am gonna say "what is it now" :)

erli
16-Mar-06, 15:11
Gleeber2, should there be two i's at the end of illegitimi? I just looked up the meaning:roll: and could only find it spelt with one i.

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 15:13

Welcome Billy boy.....anything you buy that you don't need you can always stick on the Free Stuff section of the Org! :D

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 15:15
You forgot the sugar, iron filings and weed killer. Try that and I'll see you last year.[evil]

Ahhh, that's why it didn't work! :p

cuddlepop
16-Mar-06, 15:21
Hello all you new org's .I lurked for a wee while afraid to post incase it wasnt very interesting,bad grammer and spelling are my down fall.Now i dont care fellow org's no thats me .I've a pasting from the Doc but survived to type another day.:p You need to remember that if you get a roating its not to be taken personally!!!
So all you lurkers get typing its fun and a great way to meet new friends:p

golach
16-Mar-06, 15:26
Now you new Orger's have outed yourselves in the Message Boards, why not come into the chat rooms, and meet head to head, none of us bite you know

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 15:28
Now you new Orger's have outed yourselves in the Message Boards, why not come into the chat rooms, and meet head to head, none of us bite you know

Well said Golach......though what if some of them are brilliant at quizzes? ;)

Billy Boy
16-Mar-06, 15:29
I to am a bit of a lurker, only cos i am new and just trying to find my way around

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 15:32
I to am a bit of a lurker, only cos i am new and just trying to find my way around

Well you are very welcome here Sapphire1! Take your time to find your way around.....and don't forget to call in at the gift shop....:lol:

golach
16-Mar-06, 15:32
All the better fun Saveman

Billy Boy
16-Mar-06, 15:33
well going by what a cameron tells me there's no competion on the quiz's cos he always wins [lol]

squidge
16-Mar-06, 15:35

squeezy x

Hi squeezy - nice to see another "squ" person here - i have been the only one for a whiley

Enjoy it its fun[lol]

erli
16-Mar-06, 15:38
Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a welcome section, where people can introduce themselves and get a nice welcome from all the Orgers.
Then new members could feel welcome and not be frightened to post.

golach
16-Mar-06, 15:40
well going by what a cameron tells me there's no competion on the quiz's cos he always wins [lol]
AYE RIGHT!!!!!!! Ac is a bigger liar than I am, he comes in late and always has to rush away, coz hes hungry, or the bairns bully him for using their computer.[lol]

Billy Boy
16-Mar-06, 15:41
AYE RIGHT!!!!!!! Ac is a bigger liar than I am, he comes in late and always has to rush away, coz hes hungry, or the bairns bully him for using their computer.[lol]

Now there's something i can believe ( especially the bit about being hungry)[lol]

Saveman
16-Mar-06, 15:41
Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a welcome section, where people can introduce themselves and get a nice welcome from all the Orgers.
Then new members could feel welcome and not be frightened to post.

Good idea Erli! If this thread has proved anything (apart from my posting addiction- i gotta go cold turkey!) it's proved that there are orgers out there who just need a bit of encouragement.
Whaddya say Niall?

golach
16-Mar-06, 15:42
Dinna worry about being a newbie, we were all newbies ourselves once, we understand

Billy Boy
16-Mar-06, 15:46
Dinna worry about being a newbie, we were all newbies ourselves once, we understand

Thanks Golach, i'm sure i'll get the hang of it all soon & who know's i might even give the quiz's a go

Gleber2
16-Mar-06, 15:53
Gleeber2, should there be two i's at the end of illegitimi? I just looked up the meaning:roll: and could only find it spelt with one i.
I was hoping that some-one like you would put me right if I were wrong and I was right and wrong.:~( Thank you!!

canuck
16-Mar-06, 16:36

Yes, billy boy, A C always does extremely well. So lately part of the fun has become trying to outscore him.

Please join us for the quiz. It is an incredible experience of cyber reality. Golach always has a pot of tea ready. We make cake for your birthday. Fruit is poured liberally. (The term fruit comes from the weight loss thread. Wine is considered by the club members to be a "fruit" in the food group categories.) With the still to be perfected internet as our means of communication for the quiz, often the answers appear before the questions. I hope that you are getting the picture that this is not a group to be intimidated by. Some of the org heavies do play. But the peace keepers are there to keep them in place.

If you have questions, just ask. There is always someone around to answer them. Often, in what is my late evening, there are very few active members on the board. Sometimes it is just the three North American housewives sitting back at the end of a busy day. Other times I am aware that there are lurkers out there. It is comforting to see the names of Madpict and Jaws also online. With names like that there is a sense of protection. You see, one easily switches from a cyber environment to the feelings we generate in reality back to the cyber world.

Welcome new orgers. Saveman isn't normally quite this talkative. He must be having a slow day at the office.

krieve
16-Mar-06, 17:04
I was a lurker for a couple of weeks but only because i was to scared to post incase i was lynched lol

phoenix
16-Mar-06, 20:06
Must admit I do tend to lurk at times, happens about once a month as a rule [para] Dont know why......knida get a strange feeling like Krieve says that someones out to get you [para]

obiron
16-Mar-06, 20:25
have a wee lurk to see who is on and to see what the hubbys latest jokes are from the previous night. he is bound to read this in a while so hi to him.

DrSzin
16-Mar-06, 20:26
With all these lurkers coming out the closet, I thought I'd go back in for a day or two and try to find out what was so interesting about the place. But I stumbled across two familiar characters from Dirlot in a chest of drawers and that was the end of my lurking for another day. Sad really. Does anyone have a cold turkey I can borrow for a day or two? Someone had some left over from Christmas? Is it still fresh?

obiron
16-Mar-06, 20:33
new vadar pic DrSzin?

DrSzin
16-Mar-06, 20:36
So much for my disguise. I thought no-one would recognise me in my new outfit. :o

obiron
16-Mar-06, 20:38
probably only the star wars fanatics.

krieve
16-Mar-06, 20:40
With all these lurkers coming out the closet, I thought I'd go back in for a day or two and try to find out what was so interesting about the place. But I stumbled across two familiar characters from Dirlot in a chest of drawers and that was the end of my lurking for another day. Sad really. Does anyone have a cold turkey I can borrow for a day or two? Someone had some left over from Christmas? Is it still fresh?
I think that was astra that had the turkey drszin

canuck
16-Mar-06, 20:55

I am absolutely dreading the next 3 days. I've cleared my PM file. There should be enough room in it to last my time away. I've some turkey in the freezer from Christmas. That should get me through tomorrow. If Monday comes and goes without the appearance of my red flag you will know that I didn't make it!

If we get to vote on DrSzin's avatar, I prefer the old one. There you are - for a boring Saturday, a poll on the new versus the old DrS.

DrSzin
16-Mar-06, 21:21
I think that was astra that had the turkey drszinThanks krieve. I thought it was either astra or chillie, but I think I was confusing astra's turkey with chillie's epic struggle with the Fray Bentos tin.

Do you have any Christmas turkey left, astra? I'm not sure canuck's would still be fresh after it's crossed the Pond.

Talking of whom... I prefer my new avatar, canuck. It's more sophisticated, more mysterious, more cool, and more blue...

Ok, that's enough public exposure for me today. I'm going back into the closet to lurk, lurk, lurk. I just hope astra can get some cold turkey to me before I get the jitterborgs again...

connieb19
16-Mar-06, 21:28
Dr Szin, I still have my turkey in the freezer from Christmas time. In fact I was forgetting all about it. I think I'll defrost it tonight and have it over the weekend. I'll send you some if you like? :Razz

Chillie
16-Mar-06, 22:34
Thanks krieve. I thought it was either astra or chillie, but I think I was confusing astra's turkey with chillie's epic struggle with the Fray Bentos tin.

Fray bentos[lol] i must have another go.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
16-Mar-06, 22:47
So much for my disguise. I thought no-one would recognise me in my new outfit. :o

Think it makes you look more dapper,DrSzin!!!!:D

willowbankbear
16-Mar-06, 23:44
http://i2.tinypic.com/rk2236.jpg
Talking of whom... I prefer my new avatar, canuck. It's more sophisticated, more mysterious, more cool, and more blue...

Ok, that's enough public exposure for me today. I'm going back into the closet to lurk, lurk, lurk. I just hope astra can get some cold turkey to me before I get the jitterborgs again...[/quote]

Saw this Dr.Zhin & thought of ye LOL:Razz

Sporran
17-Mar-06, 07:38
I prefer DrSzin's new avatar to the old one. I like blue, and it looks more intriguing, somehow.

Get back here safely, canuck! We'll miss you while you're gone!

angela5
17-Mar-06, 11:29
Saveman what a good thread to get everyone to introduce themselves.

But with a post like this i can see why so many lurk:
{quote carasman}I dont post on here often anyway because i see the way certain orgers have their cliques and behave towards them that are not in "their gang"

I lurk a lot and enjoy all the threads and find everyone generaly gets along fine, cliques & gangs that is some statement dear, you will scare everyone away from this fantastic forum:(

Gleber2
17-Mar-06, 17:36
Saveman what a good thread to get everyone to introduce themselves.

But with a post like this i can see why so many lurk:
{quote carasman}I dont post on here often anyway because i see the way certain orgers have their cliques and behave towards them that are not in "their gang"

I lurk a lot and enjoy all the threads and find everyone generaly gets along fine, cliques & gangs that is some statement dear, you will scare everyone away from this fantastic forum:(

The Forum feels more peaceful to me now than it has since I joined in December. Gone are the nit picking arguements which descended to a personal level and created bad feeling. Hope the cliques and gangs have changed their ways.