PDA

View Full Version : Nail Cutting Device

Venture
22-Jun-09, 11:24
http://www.tvshoppingdirect.co.uk/pedi-paws-789-0.html

Has anyone tried out this gadget for nail trimming for cats and dogs. I for one would be willing to pay the money if it worked. I absolutely hate taking the dogs to have their nails trimmed. The last time it was done too short and the poor dog was yelping and petrified plus we had blood everywhere in the car on the way home. They are always so jagged after they have been cut as well. This instrument seems to round the nails.

Any thoughts on this.

Stefan
22-Jun-09, 11:38
Bit of sandpaper would do the same trick.

changilass
22-Jun-09, 11:43
Taking them for regular walks on paths and roads means they don't have to be trimmed in the first place.

Venture
22-Jun-09, 13:04
Taking them for regular walks on paths and roads means they don't have to be trimmed in the first place.

Does that apply to cats too.[lol]

I'm well aware of the fact you stated above. I have a young dog and an old one. The younger one has only had his done once and that involved the dew claws. He hasn't had his other nails cut. The older one isn't so active now and his nails seem to grow quickly. He's had a couple of bad experiences at the vets so I'm looking at trying to remedy this by considering ordering the device and doing the job myself.

BINBOB
22-Jun-09, 13:24

sorry,but my basset and another friends ,basset always need their nails trimmed,regardless.;)

BINBOB
22-Jun-09, 13:26
Does that apply to cats too.[lol]

I'm well aware of the fact you stated above. I have a young dog and an old one. The younger one has only had his done once and that involved the dew claws. He hasn't had his other nails cut. The older one isn't so active now and his nails seem to grow quickly. He's had a couple of bad experiences at the vets so I'm looking at trying to remedy this by considering ordering the device and doing the job myself.

i bought this device,but have not been brave enough to use it,it is not as easy to do as it looks on tv,.my one is still in box ,unused............but i am a woose!!u can have it for £ 10...if u wish..unused.;)

Liz
22-Jun-09, 13:42
I would say it looks like a really good device and well worth a try.

Benjy is walked on hard ground a lot but still needs his claws trimmed when he goes to the groomer.

I clip the cats' claws with 'ordinary' nail clippers but may consider trying this gadget.

If you do try it Venture, please let me know what you think of it please?

Fstevens
22-Jun-09, 13:58
Hi BinBob If you still have nail things I will buy them from you. Cheers Dove