PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary Drug Testing

Rheghead
15-Mar-06, 19:14
What does everyone thinks of the blokes who volunteered for drug testing and have suffered? How would you feel about volunteering yourself? Would you try to get compo even though you signed a disclaimer?

I still think I would volunteer if I needed the money badly.

Saveman
15-Mar-06, 19:20
Yeah I would do it. It seems quite rare that things like this happen. I'm not sure they can claim for compensation, they probably had to sign a release form.
You've always got a 50-50 chance of being on placebos anyway....

connieb19
15-Mar-06, 19:21
I think I would voulenteer if the money was right. This is the frst time anything major has gone wrong so I would take the risk. Apparently, they hardly ever let women take the tests though so I doubt if I would be in with a chance!!
I don't know if I would be so happy for a son or daughter of mines doing this though.:confused:

I hope they get well soon.

Fran
23-Mar-06, 02:36
they do these trials in aberdeen using men and women. It is also done in glasgow and their adverts for volunteers can be seen in the newspapers. Volunteers are vetted first and the tests are carried out under strict medical supervision. your accomodation is in the building and all your food supplied so its a free holiday and you get paid for it. The most famous ones were for the cold and flu research in Salisbury, you either got a cold or didnt, so i would probably volunteer for that one.....safer.!

ice box
23-Mar-06, 02:48
I don't think i would volunteer. The first reason being my family if anything was to happen to me it wouldn't be fair on them. And the second reason would be i have a fear over needles silly i know but thats just life .And there alot more to life than money .

William
23-Mar-06, 03:11
I would do it, it is all for the greater good, and the money would not go wrong these days, with all the money the goverment is taking. Needles lots of people seem to be scared of them, not sure why can't understand it my self i guess it is like spiders, more people are scared of them than they are of dying, oh well lol any way i would definatly do it!! Test away

Lucy
23-Mar-06, 09:04
I would volunteer if it was one of the safer ones like the cold & flu viruses. If the money was right it could be a way of getting money for charity without all the hard work.:)

the original ducky
23-Mar-06, 09:20
hya
i would do it if the money was good, but i feel very sorry for the men thats really ill, theres always a 50/50 chance but i would still do it if i needed the money!