PDA

View Full Version : Earthquakes

Saveman
15-Mar-06, 19:03
If you're interested in earthquakes and such like then take a look at this:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.php

Did you know that there was that many earthquakes everyday?

ice box
15-Mar-06, 19:07
saveman i have earthquakes every morning about 9:45am just before tea time when the belly rumbles lol.

cullbucket
15-Mar-06, 19:57
Your getting me worried as I am off to Alaska next week - I knew there was Earthquakes there but had no idea there was so many. Suppose a lot of little ones is better than one big one. I will start getting really worried when they stop for a while.....

obiron
15-Mar-06, 20:18
thats some amount o quakes in just the week.

Tugmistress
16-Mar-06, 08:37
You can also get 'moonquakes'

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/15mar_moonquakes.htm?list165874

:confused:

Joefitz
16-Mar-06, 14:36
I was working in Anchorage in 1987, and stayed in a 5-storey apartment building on the edge of town. I was on the fifth floor. I woke up one Saturday morning, unsure of what disturbed me, it was dark. I heard this tinkling noise, so I switched on the light, to find the ceiling light swaying from side to side, with the shade making the noise. Right about then, I realised the bed was shaking, and so were the curtains. I shot out of bed, and hit the door running, clad in nowt but my skivvies. I was two floors down the stairs when I met another tenant who was climbing up. He looked at me in a puzzled way, and then nodded and kept going. I shouted after him that there was a *&%%^& earthquake going on, and he never even slowed down, just said it happened all the time!! I then realised that the quake had stopped, and crept back to my place with a VERY red face!!

erli
16-Mar-06, 14:52
Wow Saveman, thats scary.
My boyfriend studied Geology and Chemistry at uni and watches every prog about that sort of thing. I am going to email him this info, I think he will find it fasinating. Although he probably knows it all already.:eyes
Thanks.