PDA

View Full Version : Church Weddings

charliangel
21-Jun-09, 20:40
Hi All

Busy trying to plan our wedding for next July, original plan was for a nice intimate civil ceremony then a big dance.

The more we are thinking about it, the more we like the idea of a church wedding.

Does anyone know the costs involved in a church wedding, do we need to pay for the ministers time, the use of the church etc??

Thanks

ShelleyCowie
21-Jun-09, 20:57
I cant answer your question but i wish you a happy day when it comes! :Razz

mushroom
21-Jun-09, 20:58
i got married over 12years ago and i think the church including minister was about 60 pounds.

S&LHEN
21-Jun-09, 21:15
Best thing to do is phone a minister but from what I can mind it was £264.00 or around about that.

Good luck on the day but im sure you wont need it:lol:

annemarie482
21-Jun-09, 21:54
i enquired and keiss church dont charge anything. i was told only to pay for the organist by a church elder last month!

beth210486
21-Jun-09, 22:06
we got married last june in thurso west church, it cost £85.00 to cover heating etc. Reverand Johnstone was great and very helpful. Good luck and have fun planning your wedding! I loved organising mine!

Kodiak
21-Jun-09, 22:13
It all depends on the Minister and what Church.

Some will have a standard amount to pay, others will will say that they accept a Donation and other Ministers will say that no Payment is required. One thing that does need to be paid for is the Organist.

I wish you well in organising your Special Day and I wish you a long and Happy Marriage.