PDA

View Full Version : BIGNOLD WARD needs YOUR help

valleyman
21-Jun-09, 18:52
In these times of economic gloom I call upon the good people of Caithness ......to simply help us out.
Health care is always frought with spending challenges.....Representing a band of faithful hardworking staff that includes nurses and domestics our challenge is to raise funds to completely refurbish our Day room to replace our wards' tired 20 year old curtains and screens.

I know this request will be difficult for some folk given the various political arguements..BUT we haven't got time to argue.....we simply care for our patients and know they deserve better.

Please don't go hastling our managers either....in the real world we understand the difficult challenges they face..... better still...HELP US !

HOW ?
1) Adopt US in your own fundraising activities?
2) Support us in our own forthcoming fund raising activities.
EVEN
3) Pop a cheque( whether it's £1 OR £1000) in the post :

Charge Nurse - Bignold Wing, Caithness General Hospital Wick KW15NS
Payable to : The BIGNOLD ENDOWMENT FUND

Thank you so much for your anticipated kindness and support.

Jonathan Jolly
CHARGE NURSE

Alice in Blunderland
21-Jun-09, 20:37
Come on then whats the forthcoming fundraisers or are you looking for some suggestions, ideas ?? let us folks know what they are so that we can come along ...................... ;)

scorrie
21-Jun-09, 23:17
Come on then whats the forthcoming fundraisers or are you looking for some suggestions, ideas ?? let us folks know what they are so that we can come along ...................... ;)

I saw you in Lidls today Alice, surely the money you saved there could be donated ;)

Fran
22-Jun-09, 01:23
I was in the day room to-day and patients said it was very cosy and homely. I thought it was very comfortable, if you make it nicer the patients wont want to leave!!!!! Good luck with your efforts.
I see someone on here was selling a fish tank with fish, it would be nice if they donated it to the day room....lovely for patients.
How about doing a prize bingo, that raises a lot of cash, along with a bottle stall, or even a bottle stall now and again. a thrift shop could be held in graham Beggs old toy shop, that would raise a lot of money.

Alice in Blunderland
22-Jun-09, 06:48
I saw you in Lidls today Alice, surely the money you saved there could be donated ;)

Ah but I spent it in pets at home before I got home. ;)

And here's me thinking I managed to sneak in and out with nobody noticing me as I had the old garden clothes on and aghhhh I hadn't even brushed the hair.:Razz

mrsinkstack
22-Jun-09, 22:55
In these times of economic gloom I call upon the good people of Caithness ......to simply help us out.
Health care is always frought with spending challenges.....Representing a band of faithful hardworking staff that includes nurses and domestics our challenge is to raise funds to completely refurbish our Day room to replace our wards' tired 20 year old curtains and screens.

I know this request will be difficult for some folk given the various political arguements..BUT we haven't got time to argue.....we simply care for our patients and know they deserve better.

Please don't go hastling our managers either....in the real world we understand the difficult challenges they face..... better still...HELP US !

HOW ?
EVEN

Jonathan Jolly
CHARGE NURSE

Good for you :) do loads of fundraising myself and know how hard it is but it's worth the effort most of the time. Keep you in mind if anything comes up - usually does ! :)

Alice in Blunderland
22-Nov-09, 15:14

HOW ?
EVEN

Jonathan Jolly
CHARGE NURSE

You still looking for money for that room Mr J.............even though it will be erm shall we say possibly out of use at weekends ??

Whitewater
22-Nov-09, 23:12
Money will be coming shortly from the Masonic Orders in Caithness. It is in hand at the moment.

bagpuss
25-Nov-09, 22:43
The day room project sounds a good idea- but why not approach businesses to ask if they will supply what is needed at a discount? My friend's father who had Fairways used to do that. Sam's furniture has taken over the curtain ordering and has some lovely furniture- or even approach Homebase or Tesco's PR people- a donation of goods - together with a handover picture looks good on their publicity

new driver
26-Nov-09, 13:39
The day room is very important for relatives and friends to use as well. A quiet place to sit until time to see the patient or to wait until they are ready for discharge. I'll be putting my money in today when I visit.

madmissus
27-Nov-09, 22:59
Good luck with the fundraising,and perhaps as a family with most of us using the Bignold wing in the past 5 years i better put something towards the fundraising? especially as another family member works there!!?? (Jon, donation on its way!!!!)