PDA

View Full Version : Collie, free to good home

Wickerchick
15-Mar-06, 17:02
My friend has a collie and her house is just too small and she has 2 kids plus one on the way and has no time for her little collie anymore so if anyone is interested in having her, she is 12 months old needs lots of walks, she hasn't been spayed and her injections are up to date, so please if anyone is interested in her, she is free to a good home, so please pm or email me for further information. Thanks

JimH
15-Mar-06, 17:08
If you look in the items wanted - you will find somebody looking for a collie pup.:D

neepnipper
16-Mar-06, 09:51
I don't mean any offence and at least the owner of this dog is trying to find it a home but I get fed up of seeing all these ads for homes for dogs where the owner no longer wants it as house is too small, too many kids, havn't got time for it etc etc.
Last year we found a dog wandering the streets in Wick, no one knew who it belonged to, eventually found out who she belonged to and when I rang them they just said ' Oh yeh, she's been missing a few days suppose I should have reported it' I asked her if she wanted the dog back and she replied ' I've got kids, I can't cope with a dog as well', we kept her, we have other dogs and plenty of room and she is the most adorable dog, well behaved, loving, not a bad bone in her. Turned out the other people had only had her for 5 months, surely they must have realised that having a dog is a big commitment, just really annoys me when people don't seriously think about what they are taking on with dog ownership.
I hope the owner of the collie manages to find her a good home, I'm not criticising her personally, just a general whinge!

brandy
16-Mar-06, 11:54
i understand wher eyou are ocming from but there are times that it is better for all around including the animal to rehome it..
we had a pup several months ago that we had to rehome.
reason being the baby was allergic to him
we tried everything we could to keep him.. took baby to doctors to dog to vets called the groomers (was going to have him shaved! we were that desprate!) but the doctors wouldnt give the baby anything to help with the allergies.. said to remove the thing *ie dog* from the baby.. the vets didnt have anything that would help and groomer said unfortunatly with his coat being so think and double layered that it wouldnt do any good..
soooooo found him a home in dingwall with a fellow orger.. didnt ask any thing for him just wanted a good home.
he wasnt even 6 mnth old but what can you do?

Zambo
16-Mar-06, 16:03
I don't mean any offence and at least the owner of this dog is trying to find it a home but I get fed up of seeing all these ads for homes for dogs where the owner no longer wants it as house is too small, too many kids, havn't got time for it etc etc.
Last year we found a dog wandering the streets in Wick, no one knew who it belonged to, eventually found out who she belonged to and when I rang them they just said ' Oh yeh, she's been missing a few days suppose I should have reported it' I asked her if she wanted the dog back and she replied ' I've got kids, I can't cope with a dog as well', we kept her, we have other dogs and plenty of room and she is the most adorable dog, well behaved, loving, not a bad bone in her. Turned out the other people had only had her for 5 months, surely they must have realised that having a dog is a big commitment, just really annoys me when people don't seriously think about what they are taking on with dog ownership.
I hope the owner of the collie manages to find her a good home, I'm not criticising her personally, just a general whinge!

I have to say, I agree with everything you have said. It can be very disheartening to see all the messages about animals needing new homes for various reasons.

Don't get me wrong - I understand that sometimes these animals have to be rehomed, and the owners have no choice.

It just seems to be happening more and more now, and I can't help feeling sorry for the poor animals.

Animals bring us so much happiness, but do we all give the same in return?

Liz
16-Mar-06, 20:25
I totally agree with Neenipper and Zambo.

Whilst there will always be genuine exceptions I find it really awful how 'disposable' pets can be to many people!

As Zambo said they give us such happiness and they are the most wonderful companions but they do not receive the same loyalty they give us humans!

If people would think first before they get a pet, and not get them on a whim, it would save a lot of heartbreak.

Chillie
16-Mar-06, 22:36
neenipper and zambo i agree with you.

Wickerchick
17-Mar-06, 20:24

I totally agree with what your saying, i have a dog of my own and would never give him up, but i felt sorry for the dog my friend had and really wanted someone to give it a loving home and not being shut away all the time and thats why i put it on here so that maybe someone would give it a good home, as it is the dog has found a new home, so thanks to everyone that enquired.

Liz
17-Mar-06, 21:22
Delighted to hear that you got a new home for your friend's dog.

Well done! :)