PDA

View Full Version : No Petrol at Wick Tesco

Fran
21-Jun-09, 13:16
I never thought I would see the day when Tesco ran out of petrol, but they have and the pumps are closed!!!someone will be in trouble for not ordering more fuel!! I expect the other two filling stations in wick will be delighted.

bothyman
21-Jun-09, 13:20
The Tesco Tanker went through Brora an hour ago.

So should be more soon

I wondered what he was doing out on Sunday

tonkatojo
21-Jun-09, 15:06
The Tesco Tanker went through Brora an hour ago.

So should be more soon

I wondered what he was doing out on Sunday

That's another price rise in the offing to pay for the drivers Sunday time. :(

joxville
21-Jun-09, 15:13
That's another price rise in the offing to pay for the drivers Sunday time. :(
The drivers work a Sunday as part of their normal shift rota so it won't mean an increase to pay overtime.

Kevin Milkins
21-Jun-09, 15:59
I have just pulled into Tesco ten minutes ago and they still have not fixed the tyre blower upper, so it's over to the other side of town in the morning for my fuel and air.

I also noticed that in Tesco derv is now 104.9 a Ltr and the last fill I had at Dunnets was 102.9.

All the pumps looked open for fuel though so they must have had a delivery

footie chick
21-Jun-09, 16:33
I also noticed that in Tesco derv is now 104.9 a Ltr and the last fill I had at Dunnets was 102.9.

I stopped at Dunnets a few weeks ago and the price on the board wasn't the same as they were charging at the pump the pump price was 1p/ltr dearer I didn't think they could do that?

lister
21-Jun-09, 17:00
Tesco petrol doesn't go as far in the tank as Dunnets i have found.
I think this is due to somthing called "city fuel",cleaner and greener for the enviroment.
I just notice i get more miles to the gallon at Dunnets so no loss for me but loss for Tesco.

Kevin Milkins
21-Jun-09, 18:44
I stopped at Dunnets a few weeks ago and the price on the board wasn't the same as they were charging at the pump the pump price was 1p/ltr dearer I didn't think they could do that?

Thats a good point footie chick,:confused I never checked my reciept,but I will check for sure tomorrow.lol

If they are charging more at the till than is up on the board it would be a bit naughty.:(

tonkatojo
21-Jun-09, 21:03
The drivers work a Sunday as part of their normal shift rota so it won't mean an increase to pay overtime.

Thank the lord for that then,It's just the usual price rip off's to contend with. [disgust]

lister
21-Jun-09, 21:10
Got petrol on wednesday at brora and was £1.10 per litre.
How come its cheaper north? aren't we further to deliver to,costs of delivery etc,cos its really baffling when its £1.04 in inverness and £1.04 in wick the same day?

Tighsonas4
21-Jun-09, 21:35
you could be quite right. you could fill up and refuse to pay any more than what was displayed
it could even be illegal tony

Fran
22-Jun-09, 01:17
Contact the Consumer Protection Department and TraDING STANDARDS if this is the case. It is illegal.

bekisman
22-Jun-09, 15:48
Just come back from Wick, unleaded at Dunnets (now Esso?) was £107.9 and at Tesco it's £102.9 - so not surprised Tesco ran out, it's bleeding cheaper!

Kevin Milkins
22-Jun-09, 17:37
I have had a fill of derv at Dunnets today (because they have a pumper upper lol) and it's the same as Tesco yesterday 104.9 per ltr , and thats what it says on the board so it must have gone up 2p since my last fill.

wndyndy
22-Jun-09, 23:03
Just come back from Wick, unleaded at Dunnets (now Esso?) was £107.9 and at Tesco it's £102.9 - so not surprised Tesco ran out, it's bleeding cheaper!
don't know hong long will the tesco keep this price for?

Chillie
23-Jun-09, 23:29
I have had a fill of derv at Dunnets today (because they have a pumper upper lol) and it's the same as Tesco yesterday 104.9 per ltr , and thats what it says on the board so it must have gone up 2p since my last fill. I thought you were a Tesco man through and through, does your OH not have any influence on the blower upper getting fixed?...:D

Kevin Milkins
23-Jun-09, 23:55
I thought you were a Tesco man through and through, does your OH not have any influence on the blower upper getting fixed?...:D

It would seem not.........:confused

scorrie
24-Jun-09, 00:01
don't know hong long will the tesco keep this price for?

Hong Long Phooey, number one super guy ;)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/hong_kong_phooey.jpg

lister
24-Jun-09, 20:19
Hong Long Phooey, number one super guy ;)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/hong_kong_phooey.jpg
Havna seen this guy for years, old HKP must be a fair age now? 25-30years anyway.
Maybe Tescos employ him so they can blame the mild mannered janitor for not ordering any gogo juice.