PDA

View Full Version : Feral Cat

kgs
20-Jun-09, 19:14
Advice needed please! We have 3 cats and moved house 6 months ago. There is a rather nasty feral cat which attacks my cats even breaking through my cat flap to get into our house. Vet couldnt suggest anything to discourage it, SSPCA couldnt help. Cat Protection said they could trap it and neuter it but would bring it back after. Would this make a difference and stop it attacking? Or anyone any other suggestions

Liz
20-Jun-09, 19:54
Advice needed please! We have 3 cats and moved house 6 months ago. There is a rather nasty feral cat which attacks my cats even breaking through my cat flap to get into our house. Vet couldnt suggest anything to discourage it, SSPCA couldnt help. Cat Protection said they could trap it and neuter it but would bring it back after. Would this make a difference and stop it attacking? Or anyone any other suggestions

It would be a good idea to let Cats Protection catch and neuter the cat as this can make a big difference, and even remove, the dominant behaviour.

I know a few folk who had the same problem and this worked for them.

Good luck!

the poacher
20-Jun-09, 22:36
iv got a feral cat got him of a farm he was very boisterous and i think he belived everything belonged to him he used to pick on the other cats in the street so i got him neutard total diffrent cat now very friendly and playfull.

teenybash
21-Jun-09, 00:03
Good advice from everyone...this guy definately needs 'done' and he will be a lot happier too and will probably end up an altogether nice chap.:)