PDA

View Full Version : Buses with seatbelts.

ShelleyCowie
20-Jun-09, 11:46
Hello.

Just a quick question!

Do all buses to inverness have seatbelts now? Just i remember last year there was no seatbelts for the kids and me and my OH were trying to hold them in their seats. The youngest nearly went flying into the seat infront.

We have to take athrun to inverness on the bus for when we go away. And obviously he has to be in a car seat but i cant hold the car seat the whole way to inverness! :confused

Thanks in advance! :Razz

Mik.M.
20-Jun-09, 11:52
Yes Shelley all the buses have seat belts now,it`s the law. You should be able to use the babyseat with the seat belt.

ShelleyCowie
20-Jun-09, 11:56
Yes Shelley all the buses have seat belts now,it`s the law. You should be able to use the babyseat with the seat belt.

Thank you kindly! You have set my mind to rest! :D Im such a worrier!

badger
20-Jun-09, 14:59
Good for you Shelley - nice to see someone cares enough to protect their child. I get quite worried when I see children not wearing seat belts or, even worse, being allowed to run up and down the aisle. It's bad enough when adults don't wear belts (if they get thrown out of their seat they could take someone else with them to the next life) but for children it's criminal.

That road to Inverness is dangerous enough without adding to the risks.

ShelleyCowie
20-Jun-09, 15:11
Good for you Shelley - nice to see someone cares enough to protect their child. I get quite worried when I see children not wearing seat belts or, even worse, being allowed to run up and down the aisle. It's bad enough when adults don't wear belts (if they get thrown out of their seat they could take someone else with them to the next life) but for children it's criminal.

That road to Inverness is dangerous enough without adding to the risks.

Thanks badger! It does worry me. Knowing fine well we have alot of luggage to take down with us and i dont want the hassle of having to hold athrun all the way.

Last years bus journey was horrific. No seatbelts and no toilets. I was 6 months pregnant and holding it in was not easy. And the kids needed the loo too. Telling them they could not go just made them need to go even more. And holding them aswell as protecting myself was hard.

It was the same for the bus from inverness to Skye then. And on the way back our seats got taken (we booked in advance) so the kids had to sit on arm rests and i had no seat for miles. :~(

Thats why im checking ahead this year. I understand the quality of buses has improved but still making sure.

I would take the train but it just takes so long and there is never any room for luggage and dont think the car seat would fit. :confused

badger
20-Jun-09, 19:04
Good luck and hope you have a safe and trouble free journey. At least most of the buses have toilets now and the drivers are very good stopping at Dornoch (which is much easier than those onboard things!).

Talking of toilets - the phone rang so I posted this and forgot to get back to it - a friend told me Inverness bus station now charges 30p (used to be 20p) so you'll need some 10p pieces as well.

purplelady
20-Jun-09, 23:49
good thing is the jounery to inverness is much shorter now they have cut out them silly little places x

oldmarine
21-Jun-09, 07:14

Sounds like a good idea for those with children. In fact, it's a good idea for adults. If autos are required with seat belts, why not busses?

ShelleyCowie
21-Jun-09, 08:34
good thing is the jounery to inverness is much shorter now they have cut out them silly little places x

I agree purplelady! Athrun is great on journeys anyway but im going to have to feed him whilst he is in his car seat likely.

Its just good to know there are seatbelts because it has set my mind to rest.....for now! Just wait, another week and i will be asking people to confirm the bus times just to make sure i have them right! [lol]

Venture
21-Jun-09, 11:20
I agree purplelady! Athrun is great on journeys anyway but im going to have to feed him whilst he is in his car seat likely.

Its just good to know there are seatbelts because it has set my mind to rest.....for now! Just wait, another week and i will be asking people to confirm the bus times just to make sure i have them right! [lol]
:lol: Shelley it's just as well you're only going to Skye and not flying across the world for your holiday. You'd be having a nervous breakdown with all the worrying beforehand. Athrun is lucky to have such a caring Mum. Everything will be fine and once you're there just relax and enjoy. Time will pass all too quick so don't spend any of it worrying about what might happen on the journey back..........please.;)

ShelleyCowie
21-Jun-09, 11:38
:lol: Shelley it's just as well you're only going to Skye and not flying across the world for your holiday. You'd be having a nervous breakdown with all the worrying beforehand. Athrun is lucky to have such a caring Mum. Everything will be fine and once you're there just relax and enjoy. Time will pass all too quick so don't spend any of it worrying about what might happen on the journey back..........please.;)

Thank you venture! Athrun must be lucky eh! haha!

I will enjoy it when i get there. Get to sit and relax. No computers. No sky+! Just the scenery and lovely hill walks! And not forgetting the nature.

Its the most beautiful place i have been. I cant wait. less than 3 weeks!

Venture
21-Jun-09, 12:32
Thank you venture! Athrun must be lucky eh! haha!

I will enjoy it when i get there. Get to sit and relax. No computers. No sky+! Just the scenery and lovely hill walks! And not forgetting the nature.

Its the most beautiful place i have been. I cant wait. less than 3 weeks!

I agree it is a beautiful place Shelley but not as good as Harris.;)

ShelleyCowie
21-Jun-09, 13:51
I agree it is a beautiful place Shelley but not as good as Harris.;)

I have not been there. So cant comment. But maybe one day i will go and get back to you!