PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player Default

Kevin Milkins
19-Jun-09, 13:14
I had a clean up on my laptop a while ago and unwittinglly deleted one or two things that I should not have. :eek:

I have got most things back to normal, but one thing that is bugging me is I don't seem to get Windows Media Player as my default.

If I want to watch a video clip I have to right click and choose open with
and then choose it from the menu and if I try to doule click on most clips it takes me off on a mission to fix a problem.

I followed all the advice given on the windows media centre and downloaded a free tool that was going to sort it called RegCure , but I am still back to square one and RegCure is now prompting me to upgrade to the pro version:confused.

Any pointers greatfully recieved.

Regards KM

PS I am running Windows XP with office 2000

blueivy
19-Jun-09, 13:57
What happens when you double click a media file? What does it open in?

I assume you've tried to set it within WMP itself (Tools->Options->File Types in WMP 9)?

Kevin Milkins
19-Jun-09, 15:16
What happens when you double click a media file? What does it open in?

I assume you've tried to set it within WMP itself (Tools->Options->File Types in WMP 9)?

Thank you Paul, thats got me sorted.:Razz

On some file types it was leading me to Windows File Association, and that led me down a blind alley to RegCure :confused.

I did try to sort it from within WMP but could not find the menu, but now with your help and direction I have clicked select all and we are up and running again.

Thanks once again for your help

Regards

KM