PDA

View Full Version : Should Crayola keep doing polls?

Mik.M.
18-Jun-09, 09:27
Seeing as Crayola keeps doing pointless polls should they be stopped? Just a question I needed to ask.

floyed
18-Jun-09, 09:30
yes its a open forum she is entitled to start threads like everyone else. As long as it is hurting no one there is no reason they should be stopped.

Stefan
18-Jun-09, 09:35
As this is an open forum my opinion is that she shouldn't be doing it, doesn't mean she needs to be stopped, but I happily vote "No". She could, however, do some useful polls. That one about a cycle path network is a good one. But that wasn't her, was it?

crayola
18-Jun-09, 09:43
Seeing as Crayola keeps doing pointless polls should they be stopped? Just a question I needed to ask.
A better question might be

Should those who don't understand me or my polls be permitted to denigrate them willy-nilly? :lol:

crayola
18-Jun-09, 09:58
As this is an open forum my opinion is that she shouldn't be doing it, doesn't mean she needs to be stopped, but I happily vote "No". She could, however, do some useful polls. That one about a cycle path network is a good one. But that wasn't her, was it?Why do you think a poll whose result is a foregone conclusion is a good one? There are currently 24 votes for the cycle-path proposal and none against. Useful polls produce results that were not blindingly obvious beforehand.

Venture
18-Jun-09, 10:10

You could always start up some of your own in competition miknhev.:lol: I take part if it interests me. If it dosen't. I ignore it.;)

Gizmo
18-Jun-09, 10:23
NO!...if you are going to stop people talking rubbish or doing pointless things then the Org would be a ghost town.

joxville
18-Jun-09, 11:07
What harm does it do? Just ignore them if you don't like them.

ShelleyCowie
18-Jun-09, 11:11
Ach keep em comin! Its somethin for us to laugh at, read or enjoy! Does nobody any harm. Gets a few debates on the go sometimes.

And if i said for her to stop, then what would i do cos i talk alot o poop half the time. Like now! Babbling poop!! :eek:

Mik.M.
18-Jun-09, 11:39
A better question might be

Should those who don't understand me or my polls be permitted to denigrate them willy-nilly? :lol:
Get a sense of humour please:lol::lol:.

crayola
18-Jun-09, 11:58
NO!...if you are going to stop people talking rubbish or doing pointless things then the Org would be a ghost town.
Yes but think of all the fun we would have discussing who talked the most rubbish. :)

Each
18-Jun-09, 13:51
Dont stop Crayola... keep em coming.

I hope that one day your extensive polling will surprise us all by congealing into some kind of all embracing overcooked theory/bombshell about caithness and its people !

When Newsnight broadcasts its own Caithness edition, Crayola will take her place as our own homegrown John Curtice.

teenybash
18-Jun-09, 13:59
Of course Crayola should keep the polls coming. They are entertaining, can provoke thought and should be part of a public forum. If you don't like them, don't take part...............;)

JAWS
18-Jun-09, 17:56
Those who do not like the polls have a simple solution after all nobody is twisting their arms to take part or even open the threads in the first place.

The answer for those not liking the polls is that they have the solution in their own hands, or more precisely their fingertips.

I don't see the sense in looking at a thread which you already know you will not like, it's a bit like banging your head against a wall so you can complain that doing it gives you a headache. :roll:

wifie
18-Jun-09, 18:10
Should those who don't understand me or my polls be permitted to denigrate them willy-nilly?

Well that answers that then. [lol]

Permit? Thought this was an open forum :confused

Those who do not like the polls have a simple solution after all nobody is twisting their arms to take part or even open the threads in the first place.

The answer for those not liking the polls is that they have the solution in their own hands, or more precisely their fingertips.

I don't see the sense in looking at a thread which you already know you will not like, it's a bit like banging your head against a wall so you can complain that doing it gives you a headache.

Indeed yer right Jaws - why should we take part in threads so obviously meant to inflame inspire debate.
You never do that ;)

scorrie
18-Jun-09, 22:34
I thought the question was "Should crayola stop doing Poles?"

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/walesa.jpg

"Your place or mine?"

Mik.M.
18-Jun-09, 22:44

"Your place or mine?"
Brilliant Scorrie!

Vistravi
19-Jun-09, 01:10
I myself sometimes post randam threads so i would not say to someone to stop doing the same thing. Randamness is part of the fun of the org.

hotrod4
19-Jun-09, 06:19
I thought Percy got banned for having a go at the Polls?:eek:
Hang your heads in shame all you "Anti poll" protesters, why not just keep calm and carry on?;)

forevera123
19-Jun-09, 19:07
yeah, that is true! i think it is kind of fun to do the poll, hurting no one, can't see anything wrong with it

forevera123
19-Jun-09, 19:09

"Your place or mine?"
welldone, scorrie

forevera123
19-Jun-09, 19:13
keep going Crayola, the more polls you are doing, the better fun we will be.:D