PDA

View Full Version : Longest day of year.... events?

Dorrie
17-Jun-09, 16:51
Hi, does anyone know of anything that is happening for the summer solstice? Any midnight golf matches or anything?

AfternoonDelight
17-Jun-09, 17:06
I'm planning a naked midnight barbeque. :Razz

No sausages though.....

joxville
17-Jun-09, 18:27

No sausages though.....

That makes two of us.....why don't we meet up? ;)

seadog
17-Jun-09, 18:39
I don't know if they do midnight golf in Caithness but they do hold a competition over the water in Stromness.

And I do believe there is a dram involved. A hip flask in each pocket to keep the balance right!!:Razz

Dorrie
17-Jun-09, 21:01
That makes two of us.....why don't we meet up? ;)

Can I come for a short visit and bring my video camera? :o

I'm wanting to film something to show friends how light it is here at the longest day. So, was wondering if there was anything on, I did hear there might be a fishing competition, but no def date for it.
:)

Stack Rock
17-Jun-09, 23:11
I remember the good old days - midnight bathing at the trinkie. Always popular and seemed warmer those days.

oldmarine
18-Jun-09, 04:24
By golly, June 21st is almost upon us. How fast the time goes by.

Dorrie
18-Jun-09, 09:14
I remember the good old days - midnight bathing at the trinkie. Always popular and seemed warmer those days.

Oh my, I don't think I'm brave enough for that these days! lol I have swum in the trinkie but not at midnight and not when I was an adult. I think I am far too soft for that these days, but if it were to happen I would love to film it! hehe

Tighsonas4
18-Jun-09, 10:37
as stack rock has said that was a common occurence a while ago
they were hardy then [lol] there was one chap went for a morninng swim every day of the year grrr tony

crayola
18-Jun-09, 11:39

No sausages though.....
Aww, not even these?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3608/3376732813_e207c4cf4f.jpg

Green_not_greed
18-Jun-09, 13:43
I suppose stargazing is out.......

Reay Golf Club have a midnight mixed competition scheduled on Saturday 20th.

squidge
18-Jun-09, 14:46
A few years ago there was a midnight meeting at Dirlot Castle - shhhhhhhhhh dont mention that woman!!!!!:eek:

weeksider
18-Jun-09, 16:16
Sure they have midnight golf @ WGC @ Reiss
Midnight bowls @ the Rosebank bowling green and i think @ St Fergus Bowling Green too
Why No midnight Tennis @ the RBPF to

Dorrie
18-Jun-09, 23:42
That's brilliant folks, a few things there for me to choose from. Let's hope the weather is good. It's forecasting light showers at the moment.
Thanks for your help all.
:)