PDA

View Full Version : Her Majesty's most fervent Loyalists!

Aaldtimer
17-Jun-09, 04:31
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8104287.stm
[disgust]
No doubt Percy would have approved!

gleeber
17-Jun-09, 07:57
No, Percy would not have approved. He was non violent.
What about you though Aaldtimer. Do you have an opinion about the story you linked?

Aaldtimer
17-Jun-09, 13:07
No, Percy would not have approved. He was non violent.
What about you though Aaldtimer. Do you have an opinion about the story you linked?

I would have thought my opinion was pretty clear by the "thumbs down" in the strapline.
I'm absolutely apalled that anyone could treat their fellow human beings in such a disgusting xenophobic way. [disgust]

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Jun-09, 13:26
There's those rogues, the 'small minority' again.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Jun-09, 13:32
Heck. They're even attacking protesters against the attacks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8102036.stm

tonkatojo
17-Jun-09, 14:09
I would have thought my opinion was pretty clear by the "thumbs down" in the strapline.
I'm absolutely apalled that anyone could treat their fellow human beings in such a disgusting xenophobic way. [disgust]

Where do you get the info that loyalist people are involved.
I read from top to bottom the report and the loyalists are reported as saying they were not involved.
Where do you get your inside information to say "loyalists" are involved ?.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Jun-09, 14:16
Doesn't matter if it was Loyalists or not; anyone involved, or who would condone such an attack, is scum.

Aaldtimer
17-Jun-09, 15:34
Where do you get the info that loyalist people are involved.
I read from top to bottom the report and the loyalists are reported as saying they were not involved.
Where do you get your inside information to say "loyalists" are involved ?.

The first reports I saw during the night said it was loyalists.
I think we could guess which side of the fence they are coming from, denials or not.

Boozeburglar
17-Jun-09, 16:05
Voting BNP is an act of violence.

Every punch thrown has your weight behind it.

starry
17-Jun-09, 16:13
It did say on the radio this morning that Loyalists were thought to be to blame.

tonkatojo
17-Jun-09, 19:21
The first reports I saw during the night said it was loyalists.
I think we could guess which side of the fence they are coming from, denials or not.

While I totally disagree with whom took the despicable actions, HER MAJESTIES LOYALISTS denied any involvement as per the link you posted. Once again why should they be loyalists ?, were they carrying placards saying so?.

tonkatojo
17-Jun-09, 19:25
Voting BNP is an act of violence.

Every punch thrown has your weight behind it.

Exactly, that's why I personally do not.

Aaldtimer
17-Jun-09, 21:03
While I totally disagree with whom took the despicable actions, HER MAJESTIES LOYALISTS denied any involvement as per the link you posted. Once again why should they be loyalists ?, were they carrying placards saying so?.

..."The first reports I saw during the night said it was loyalists."...
what do you not understand about this sentence?
BBC update their reports, so it obviousy changed overnight - after the denials.

tonkatojo
17-Jun-09, 21:52
..."The first reports I saw during the night said it was loyalists."...
what do you not understand about this sentence?
BBC update their reports, so it obviousy changed overnight - after the denials.

you apparently saw some news, then put your first post ridiculing the loyalists, backed up by a link that says different no word of what you saw on the news. that's the bit I could not grasp of your headline.

greenasiamcabbagelooking
18-Jun-09, 00:58
i wonder if this would have happened if the BNP hadn't been given some 'credibility' at the recent elections.

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Jun-09, 02:04
Poles, Chinese, Romanians - which nationality will be next to be ousted by the hate-mongers?

Aaldtimer
18-Jun-09, 02:43
you apparently saw some news, then put your first post ridiculing the loyalists, backed up by a link that says different no word of what you saw on the news. that's the bit I could not grasp of your headline.

No, the original BBC link stated the Loyalists were responsible. It changed after updates after the denials from the Loyalists.
Is that so hard to understand?
Given the location of the incidents in Belfast, the probable religion of the majority of the Roma community involved, i.e. RC, who do you think might be responsible?[disgust]

Aaldtimer
18-Jun-09, 03:08
And another thing Tonka...I was not "ridiculing" anyone...just reporting the news!
"Despising" would have been a more accurate adjective.

gleeber
18-Jun-09, 07:16
And another thing Tonka...I was not "ridiculing" anyone...just reporting the news!
"Despising" would have been a more accurate adjective.

Given your opening post on this thread your target appears to be Percy. I detest percys decision to vote for the BNP but I would fight for his right to do it. Unfortunately he was not allowed that choice on Caithness.org. You hid behind a curtain on the BNP thread with an occasional juvinile snipe at Percy behind the skirt tails of Ju, and now Percy has gone you have become more vocal in your condemnation whilst plugging the GH appreciation society on the org. Away wi yersel min.
Its interesting now that the non racists have cleaned up their family friendly website that they are beginning to snipe at eachother about who did what and to whom. Some of the language used on here to describe racism would be justified if racism was not the force it is in British socety. Some of you lot want to work with a load of men whose favourite newspapers are the Sun and the Star and then see how far you get with your racist accusations without getting one in the chin.
I will miss Percy for his honesty and an insight into something that some of our more local orgers would pretend does not exist in the real world.

Aaldtimer
18-Jun-09, 14:59
..."Given your opening post on this thread your target appears to be Percy. I detest percys decision to vote for the BNP but I would fight for his right to do it. Unfortunately he was not allowed that choice on Caithness.org. You hid behind a curtain on the BNP thread with an occasional juvinile snipe at Percy behind the skirt tails of Ju, and now Percy has gone you have become more vocal in your condemnation whilst plugging the GH appreciation society on the org. Away wi yersel min."...

Gleeber, the OP was not directed at anyone in particular!
I hid behind no curtain by ignoring PT's comments, for the most part, because I recognised him for what he was...a Troll.

...!Its interesting now that the non racists have cleaned up their family friendly website that they are beginning to snipe at eachother about who did what and to whom. Some of the language used on here to describe racism would be justified if racism was not the force it is in British socety."...

I grew up in a City which has had a fair influx of immigrants, aye even 60 years ago. Dundee. One of my pals at school was a black kid, who was adopted by white parents. Most kids called him Sambo, he didn't mind at all.
I called him Bill.
I served 9 years in the RAF, was mates with lots of different guys of different ethnic backgrounds.
Spent over 2 of those years in Singapore and enjoyed the friendship of Chinese/Malay/Indian races.

..."Some of you lot want to work with a load of men whose favourite newspapers are the Sun and the Star and then see how far you get with your racist accusations without getting one in the chin."...

I worked for nigh on 30 years after service in various jobs , in various parts of the UK, with all types, aye even Sun/Star readers! I have never been afraid of taking one on the chin for speaking out against racism.
Being 6'1" has probably helped in the matter, since most racists are cowards.

..."I will miss Percy for his honesty and an insight into something that some of our more local orgers would pretend does not exist in the real world."...

I won't.

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Jun-09, 15:03
gleeber pwned. Aaldtimer rocks!

gleeber
18-Jun-09, 16:57
I think calling Percy a troll would suggest to me that you know a little about a lot.
Having Pepsi as a supporter further weakens your cause, if you ever had one.

tonkatojo
18-Jun-09, 17:58
No, the original BBC link stated the Loyalists were responsible. It changed after updates after the denials from the Loyalists.
Is that so hard to understand?
Given the location of the incidents in Belfast, the probable religion of the majority of the Roma community involved, i.e. RC, who do you think might be responsible?[disgust]

Unlike you I would not speculate, given the population, R/C and Protestants are not immune from dirty tricks.As is borne out with history.

Boozeburglar
19-Jun-09, 01:11
Some people seem to think PT was a great addition to this site. Personally, I dread to think how many might think of Caithness seeing how his like was tolerated here.

Aaldtimer
19-Jun-09, 02:27
I think calling Percy a troll would suggest to me that you know a little about a lot.
Having Pepsi as a supporter further weakens your cause, if you ever had one.

Your post seems to me like you think you know it all...I'll leave you to your delusions![disgust]

hotrod4
19-Jun-09, 05:58
I thoroughly object to the blaming of "Loyalists" for what is happeneing.
It has been widely reported that both Prods and RC's are behind what has been hapening.
As a "loyalist" myself i dont see why i should be tarred with this brush.
Its all too easy to blame some side after all we all need someone to pin this on,gives it a human face.
I dont agree with what has been happening but why blame a group just because its "convenient"?
The media will always look for a group to blame as it sells papers and as I stated gives it an Identity and a human face.

I think you will find that there is alot more to this story than was first reported.Any kind of violence is wrong but it is well known in that local community that the Romanians were running wild littering the streets,raiding through peoples rubbish,fighting in the street amongst themselves and allowing their kids to turn "feral".
It seems what started out as concerned residents taking a stand has escalated by some morons from whatever religion jumping on the bandwagon and attacking them physically.

NOT just "loyalists" but "Nationalists" too. [evil]

hotrod4
19-Jun-09, 06:01
Your post seems to me like you think you know it all...I'll leave you to your delusions![disgust]
Maybe Gleeber has a more open mind than some and looks at things from different angles to gauge his opinions rather than read a snippet of news and take it as "gospel" and then tar an orger who cant defend himself.
Sounds a bit like the story you reported doesnt it?
Are you a Loyalist?;)

hotrod4
19-Jun-09, 06:05
Just for the record heres a qoute from a canadian website that may be of interest.
Its a Definition of a loyalist (From their perspective)
Many political refugees, known as tories, came in a steady stream to the colonies of and Quebec Nova Scotia from the thirteen colonies, because Quebec and Nova Scotia were still occupied by the British.These became known as Loyalists after the Treaty of Paris in. The name "loyalist" means people who are still faithfully loyal to Britian.

Note the underlined bit.

maverick
19-Jun-09, 07:46
After reading some of these posts, it has become clear to me that Blame has to be put on some one for these events.
Some would point the finger at Loyalists, others would brand them racists and some would say its the work of the BNP.
So here is my take on these events.
The blame for the current problem lies squarely with the current and subsequent governments.
Why is this I hear you cry?
Its simple, our political masters in Westminster decided some time ago that it would be a good thing to be in Europe as it were, with open borders and all that, so every time a country is accepted into Europe it means that our borders are open to every man and his uncle, only problem is this works fine in principal but not so well in practise.
So if you decide to invite someone to your home that's fine, because you have invited them.
When you are forced to have someone live in your home, who comes into your living room watches your television, goes into your kitchen and eats your food, then decides that they like the look of your bed and sleep in it, and all these things you have worked hard to pay for it, leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, there will come a point where you will either take them by the back of the neck and show them the door or you would collapse under the financial pressure.
You may not be able to put them out of the street but you should be able to put them out of your house.
I believe that this is what is happening in this case, foreign migrants have come into an area where the community have objected to their presence, have perceived them as a threat and took such drastic action in an attempt to remedy the cause.
I believe that had the government listened to its people and taken on board what the people were saying this type of situation could have been avoided, the worry is now the government have the attention of the people but for all the wrong reasons and this kind of situation will become common place.
History tells us that Governments never do enough for its people they do only the minimum that's necessary in order to hold power and control the masses and the only time that a government comes close to listening to the people is prior to an election, and even then they still think they know what's best.
So I still believe that the Government are to blame for the problems in that area not the Loyalists....................

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Jun-09, 19:48
Channel 4 News reporting that two youths - a fifteen and sixteen-year-old - have been arrested. They must be quite hard wee boys if they managed to chase a hundred Romanies out of their homes.

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Jun-09, 22:04
Speaking or Ireland and racism, I welcome today's judgement that the Famine Song is now, officially, racist. What will the knuckle-draggers conjure up next?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8109359.stm

Metalattakk
19-Jun-09, 22:44
Speaking or Ireland and racism, I welcome today's judgement that the Famine Song is now, officially, racist. What will the knuckle-draggers conjure up next?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8109359.stm

I fail to see what a football fan's behaviour has to do with this thread. What is your agenda, Pepsi?

TBH
19-Jun-09, 22:47
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8104287.stm
[disgust]
No doubt Percy would have approved!Seeing as Percy is banned and isn't capable of defending himself then that is a pretty cheap shot, don't you think?

The Pepsi Challenge
20-Jun-09, 01:03
I fail to see what a football fan's behaviour has to do with this thread. What is your agenda, Pepsi?

Racism. Ireland. Hatred. S'all related.

Metalattakk
20-Jun-09, 01:25

So why focus on an idiot Rangers fan and not an IRA supporting Celtic fan?

There's racism on both sides, you know? Oh hang on, you do know, of course you do.

Bang your drum, my boy. Bang on.

hotrod4
21-Jun-09, 06:59
Thats not a very good point, so what your saying is that all "Irish" are racist?
My family are from Ulster but there not racist,thats like me saying because you are in Hawick you are a rugby playing toff who went to private school,not truth just blatantly stereotyping you!!!!!;)
"He who bangs the drum loudest often has more nonsense to say"-Confucious of Caithness.
The famine is over so why dont you come home?[lol]

Bazeye
21-Jun-09, 13:08
What the report conveniently forgot to mention was that since the Roma have moved into the area the crime rate has rocketed. Muggings at cashpoint machines, shoplifting, pickpockets and even stealing clothes from washing lines. Theres only so much the locals can take.

Boozeburglar
21-Jun-09, 15:20
What the report conveniently forgot to mention was that since the Roma have moved into the area the crime rate has rocketed. Muggings at cashpoint machines, shoplifting, pickpockets and even stealing clothes from washing lines. Theres only so much the locals can take.

Can you quote your sources?

Bazeye
21-Jun-09, 16:07
Cant do links but its on the UK tabloid website.

Bazeye
21-Jun-09, 16:12
Cant do links but its on the UK tabloid website.

uktabloid.co.uk

Metalattakk
21-Jun-09, 16:17
With all due respect, I wouldn't trust a single word that's on that website. One look at the meta-tag keywords (these are the terms that are picked up by the search engines and used to direct people to their site) shows their target audience:

Government Labour Refugee Asylum Liberal Blair Tories War Murder
Rape Assualt Theft Mugging Robbery Bnp Patriot Nationalism
Nationalist Uk Britain England Scotland Ireland Stormfront
cameron kennedy galloway gallaway election bbc itv times
sun guardian telegraph survival survive culture cultural
culturism marxist communist communism guardian times sun
mirror telegraph mpakuk searchlight mail daily news world

Notice the term 'Bnp' in there?

squidge
21-Jun-09, 16:25
It seems to me that it is immaterial who has carried out this violence. Frightening people from their homes is not on, illegal and anti social. As for the "reasons" offered by several people on this thread - does that make it acceptable. Lets see - children turning feral -one family had a five day old baby how feral is that child likely to be? Shoplifting and littering??? do these justify terrorising people to the extent they run away? Immigration? Well lets justline them uip a the border and shoot them next:roll: You are allmaking excuses for behaviour where there is no excuse.

The response of many of the local people to this appalling behaviour shows that it is immaterial whether they are loyalists or republicans or protestant or catholic. Many people form all sides of the community have offered to help those victimised and have been there to pick up the pieces and help them get through a situation which must have been very unpleasant. Thank goodness for that - Thats the ireland we should be looking to grow and develop - in fact those are the traits that we should look for in any society and lets see the midless thugs and yobs who think its funny and amusing and more worrying - justifiable - to throw bricks through the windows of the homes of young families wherever they come from.

Ireland may still continue to have problems with sectariansim and violence and hatred but as long as there are people there with compassion and the strength to stand up for people being bullied then there is hope for something better. A hope i am in danger of losing when i read some of the posts on this thread

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Jun-09, 06:08
A great piece of writing from Sunday Herald journalist, Ian Bell:

http://www.sundayherald.com/oped/opinion/display.var.2515523.0.hatred_belfasts_cultural_hab it.php

"A final thought. If your miserable identity is so fragile, so vulnerable after all the centuries of argument and assertion, what was it ever worth to begin with?"

hotrod4
27-Jun-09, 18:10
A great piece of writing from Sunday Herald journalist, Ian Bell:

http://www.sundayherald.com/oped/opinion/display.var.2515523.0.hatred_belfasts_cultural_hab it.php

"A final thought. If your miserable identity is so fragile, so vulnerable after all the centuries of argument and assertion, what was it ever worth to begin with?"
Dont think much of what he wrote, he certainly seems to have a bee in his bonnet and is on a single handed crusade against the city of Belfast.
Tbh it wasnt very clear,he went on about the police covering things up and not showing facts but yet neither did he-OOPS forgot he's a Journo, FACTS dont matter!!!![lol]