PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day

poppett
16-Jun-09, 23:09
Fathers day on Sunday and dad is keen to venture to the Park Hotel for lunch. When I phoned today to make the reservation I was surprised when the lady said there was plenty of tables as it was mothering Sunday which took in the crowds and nobody did much for Fathers day.

I thought that was a bit sad.

Without upsetting the orgers who have lost their fathers recently, what will you be doing for/with your dad on Sunday?

davlaurjen
16-Jun-09, 23:12
I wish he was still here.Appreciate your parents while you can.

Kenn
16-Jun-09, 23:17
Nothing, have never acknowledged Father's Day as it is purely a commercial invention.

Kevin Milkins
16-Jun-09, 23:17
Fathers day on Sunday and dad is keen to venture to the Park Hotel for lunch. When I phoned today to make the reservation I was surprised when the lady said there was plenty of tables as it was mothering Sunday which took in the crowds and nobody did much for Fathers day.

Without upsetting the orgers who have lost their fathers recently, what will you be doing for/with your dad on Sunday?

I will proberbly be on the phone to my three sons to remind them that they forgot farthers day,AGAIN :mad::lol:

forevera123
16-Jun-09, 23:20
thats what people should be doing for both parents

forevera123
16-Jun-09, 23:21
I will proberbly be on the phone to my three sons to remind them that they forgot farthers day,AGAIN :mad::lol:
i hope your three sons see your message here and give you a surprise before you phone to remind them

aldis
17-Jun-09, 00:22
Because Father's Day come later in the year, the weather is probably better and more people celebrate with outdoor activities such as taking a day trip in the car or having a barbeque or picnic. Also men tend to prefer a home cooked meal whereas women prefer to have the day off from cooking and washing up.

forevera123
17-Jun-09, 00:45

same as mother"s day, i wish i can treat my father a holliday package if i get chance

Aaldtimer
17-Jun-09, 02:55
Erm, can I just point out that Father's Day is the 21st of June...not this Sunday, but the next!:confused

htwood
17-Jun-09, 03:39
I wish he was still here, I'd make him a big waffle with strawberries and a mountain of whipped cream.

Venture
17-Jun-09, 07:19
Erm, can I just point out that Father's Day is the 21st of June...not this Sunday, but the next!:confused

This coming Sunday is the 21st of June Aaldtimer.;)

floyed
17-Jun-09, 08:07

I second that!

miller30
17-Jun-09, 09:56
what do you get them when they have everything???

ShelleyCowie
17-Jun-09, 10:41

I have that problem every year!!

I have 3 dads to buy for. I have my dad, my step dad. Then for my partner from the kids.

My dad and step dad are easy. A nice personalised card and a sweetie.

But my OH can be extremelly fussy. I think im going to get him a graphics tablet that he has been wanting for a while.

But to answer your question.....penacillon (sp)! :cool:

Rheghead
17-Jun-09, 11:04
This Sunday I'd like some flowers and a sign that my potato plants are gonna grow.

Shabbychic
17-Jun-09, 11:14
Nothing, have never acknowledged Father's Day as it is purely a commercial invention.

I don't acknowledge Father's or Mother's Day either. I do things for my parents and show I appreciate them as often as possible, not just one day a year for commercial reasons.

I once worked with the elderly, and noted the stream of flowers and gifts given to them on Mother's and Father's days, then they were ignored completely for the rest of the year. Nice.

Aaldtimer
17-Jun-09, 12:31
This coming Sunday is the 21st of June Aaldtimer.;)

Erm...you're absolutely right! All I can say is it was late!
Confused dotcom:(

Tighsonas4
17-Jun-09, 12:48
Erm...you're absolutely right! All I can say is it was late!
Confused dotcom:(
dont worry about it as i have the wrong day never mind the date [lol] tony

forevera123
17-Jun-09, 14:12
keep a good company with him,

wifie
17-Jun-09, 15:24
well said forevera :)

riggerboy
17-Jun-09, 16:30
i can`t wait to meet my father, its been 41 years since i last seen him
i do remember he was a really nice man short and fat a bit like myself really

he now owes me 41 years pocket money any one fancy the pub on sunday night as i know he will show up this year, i sit every year on the same bench seat awaiting his return from his travels, o and the bread he went out for ???

munchkin
17-Jun-09, 18:34
im going to spoil my husband father best friend as he spoils me 364 days of the year so i go out of my way to make it an extra special day for him:)

balto
17-Jun-09, 20:44
think my other half is a bit cnfused, as he is taking me out for lunch at the weekend, but hey i wont complain.

He is always moaning he doesnt have a phone, so i thought i would treat him this year and give him one as a surprise, will give the kids money to go and get him something little aswell.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Jun-09, 21:11
I'm working on Fathers Day.Have been told by the kids that I am in for a SURPRISE,not a surprise but a SURPRISE.mmmmm.....

Vistravi
17-Jun-09, 22:45
Wish my dad was still here as i would spoil him and treat him.
I appreciate my mum so much and let her know how much she means to me and how much i love her regualrly. I wish i had told my dad how much i loved him when i could have. if i could go back in time and tell him that i loved him when he was still here i would. I could never tell people how i felt when i was younger. Now i do as i have lost one of the people i care so deeply for without telling him how much i loved him.
My closeset mate's mum is very over protecive and does my friends head in. i gently remind her whenever she is gurning about her that she has her mum today and tomorrow may not have her.

Fathers and mothers day is a commercial holiday and i don't put money towards it. I prefer to do something for them or as i did for my mum this year i made a power point for her.

Vistravi
17-Jun-09, 22:57
I'm working on Fathers Day.Have been told by the kids that I am in for a SURPRISE,not a surprise but a SURPRISE.mmmmm.....

Enjoy it ced;)

oldmarine
18-Jun-09, 04:21
I wish he was still here, I'd make him a big waffle with strawberries and a mountain of whipped cream.

Good for you Helen. I feel quite blessed to have 3 daughters who will be with me to celebrate Father's Day. If my son was still alive, I'm certain he would join in with his sisters. This old WW2 Marine Veteran considers himself quite fortunate to be a father to all 4 children.