PDA

View Full Version : Good Lochs in Caithness

Bluezulu
14-Mar-06, 13:16
I'm new to the Caithness area....and I was looking to do a bit of Loch Fishing, does anyone know any good Lochs that they would recommend for Trout or Salmon Fishing.:confused:

Tymey
14-Mar-06, 13:38
Loch Watten - opens May 1st. There are loads of lochs to fish. Visit Hugo Ross in Wick, Harpers in Thurso. They can give you all the advice you'll need.

willowbankbear
14-Mar-06, 13:43
Watten for trout, Thurso for salmon.

Nah theres a lot of lochs in caiffness ,im sure its around 100 but do not quote me on that. I believe It is good for this type of fishing & there are plenty of folks who will take you out for a cast. Im into sea Angling myself, so im not very qualified

saxovtr
14-Mar-06, 14:03
watten the place to be:roll: loch watten!!

Joefitz
14-Mar-06, 14:59
I was a ghillie for Lord Thurso in the 70's, we use to fish the lochs around Altnabreac, and up at the Glutt...some of the best trout fishing ever, in those days...you might want to call Eddie MacCarthy, the Head Ghillie in Halkirk, to see if they still fish them...I know back then, a loch might only get fished a couple of times a year....

ice box
14-Mar-06, 23:57
loch wester is good for sea trout and salmon a few other is yarrows, sarclet toffingall .