PDA

View Full Version : Pet Micro Chipping

simple338
16-Jun-09, 19:44
Was at the vet tonight to get my puppy her second injection and the vet told me for this month only they have reduced the price of micro chipping your pet. Instead of £20 it is now £13!! Thought i should spread this!

ClachanHope
17-Jun-09, 23:40
It's well worth it at only £13, even £20 isn't bad.
I wish they'd also bring down the price of speying and castration.

I had my GSD chipped 11yrs ago and also had my horse chipped 19yrs ago, it was the 1st time that vet had chipped a horse, but I think it's common now.?

balto
18-Jun-09, 20:32
i have got my dog chipped, and 3 out of my four cats are all done, will get my kitten done when he goes in to gets his bits chopped of.

ShelleyCowie
19-Jun-09, 09:12
i have got my dog chipped, and 3 out of my four cats are all done, will get my kitten done when he goes in to gets his bits chopped of.

Thats what im doing too. No long til they are gettin em chopped either! :~(

Frith
19-Jun-09, 10:53
It's well worth it at only £13, even £20 isn't bad.
I wish they'd also bring down the price of speying and castration.

Having been a qualified nurse for several years (I do not work in any of the local practices, so have no vested interest in what they charge) I can assure you that nuetering is pretty good value when you cost up the time and materials. It would be great if it could be done cheaper, as it would encourage more people to do it. But without comprimising care it just isn't possible.

crustyroll
21-Jun-09, 16:13
It's a pity it isn't advertised more as I think more people would use it at that price. I looked at the Kennel Club website just the other day about the microchipping sessions and Thurso wasn't listed as one of the practices offering cheaper prices. I need to get a couple of mine chipped so may just take advantage of it now. Forgot to say that this usually happens every year in the month of June if you look at the KC website but obviously more vets participate than they list.