PDA

View Full Version : Tooth fairy

changilass
16-Jun-09, 19:24
OK so what is the going rate for teeth these days?

The wee man has just lost hs first tooth, put it in the tooth pouch and hung it on the outside of his bedroom door. He says the fairies come to collect them to give to the queen, when asked he wasn't sure just what the queen was gonna do with them.

Fluff
16-Jun-09, 19:26
hmm 50p or maybe a £1 if you are feeling more generous. At his age what use will he have for more?

golach
16-Jun-09, 19:27
£10 for a first one then £5 for the second, and £1 there after:)

changilass
16-Jun-09, 19:29
If you want him to have a tenner for the first one you know the address to send it to Golach lol.

golach
16-Jun-09, 19:30
If you want him to have a tenner for the first one you know the address to send it to Golach lol.
The Bairn would never see it if I mailed it, I know your Yorkshire roots. [lol]

unicorn
16-Jun-09, 19:39
£1 I guess, if mine was saving for something special I used to give more, and the fairies use teeth to make magic fairy dust :D it is very precious and that is why the fairy gives you money for your tooth.

changilass
16-Jun-09, 19:42
Thanks for the explanation Unicorn.

Golach > the bairn wouldnae begrudge me a couple of bottles of Tiger and a happy mummy makes for a happy wee man :lol: thats my excuse anyhow lol.

golach
16-Jun-09, 19:47
Golach > the bairn wouldnae begrudge me a couple of bottles of Tiger and a happy mummy makes for a happy wee man :lol: thats my excuse anyhow lol.
:eek:he is only 4 years old and your wanting him to pay for your drinks, see the wetherspoons thread 'ats no legal [lol]

changilass
16-Jun-09, 19:50
Good job he aint a member on here or he would be giving you bad rep for that, he is 5 and a half soon to be six - ask him lol.

Thumper
16-Jun-09, 20:11
Mine all got £1 for a tooth but £2 for their front teeth as they were a bit more special x

joxville
16-Jun-09, 20:22
We're in a recession now, 10p per tooth is enough.

kriklah
16-Jun-09, 20:23
i go with 50p per tooth then £1 for molars. tho with my middle son cos he had to go to raigmore to have six teeth removed under general anesthic, he got a batman car!!!

wifie
16-Jun-09, 20:36
£1 a pop here! My cousin says £5 for bigger teeth - she is mad as a brush! [lol] I believe the fairy builds her castle with the teeth! ;)

brandy
16-Jun-09, 20:39
we gave £2 for a first tooth, as thats just a special one.. then a pound a tooth.. if its a lovley tooth.. the condition of the tooth is very important! its like a car.. they depriciate with neglect! obviously the tooth fairy is going to pay less for a tooth with a cavity than a lovley bright white one!

golach
16-Jun-09, 21:24
Good job he aint a member on here or he would be giving you bad rep for that, he is 5 and a half soon to be six - ask him lol.
OOOPS!!! what a beamer I have now :( Sorry Wee Man, but your still worth a £10

ShelleyCowie
16-Jun-09, 21:53
I got £5. is that too much? :confused

Vistravi
16-Jun-09, 22:17
£1 a tooth when i was a kid. its reasonable enough.

Doolally
16-Jun-09, 22:35
£2 in our house. They just stick it in their bankie anyway! :)

Foxy
16-Jun-09, 22:35
I gave my kids £2 a tooth. :)

changilass
16-Jun-09, 23:18
Have settled on a fiver as its his first tooth, will give it a rethink when the next one comes out lol.

The Angel Of Death
17-Jun-09, 12:06
Well given the fact that a trip to the dentis costs you an arm leg and a kidney these days with inflation and all that shouldnt a tooth be about £50 a go now ?

igglepiggle
17-Jun-09, 13:01
i got told the going rate is £2, he has lost 2 and another 2 is wobbly. but only if they are good and not rotten. He looks after his teeth so it is going to cost me a fortune :)

Dadie
17-Jun-09, 20:21
We would get shiny new money...(20p rising to 50p with inflation at the time) probably cleaned with brasso or tomato sauce or coke by mum or dad!
Cos the toothfairy would make the money herself!
Think its about £2 now!