PDA

View Full Version : hi all

transit
16-Jun-09, 15:27
how come every time i go into flash chat there is no one there and when u get any one there u just get ignord daft

Tilly Teckel
16-Jun-09, 15:39
Haven't tried flashchat yet... not sure I'll bother either! :confused

balto
16-Jun-09, 15:43
flashchat is good crack most of the time, the secret is to join in with the conversation.

canuck
16-Jun-09, 15:43
Hello transit

Part of the problem is 'timing'. People seem to gather for chat in the late evening.

One way to check if there are people in the room is to scroll down the Caithness.org Forums page to the bottom. The people logged on will be listed and below that is a line where the users in the chat room will also be listed.

As to arriving for a chat and finding the other orgers non-communicative that might be for a number of reasons. Sometimes it takes a while for the name to clear after a user has left the chat room. Other times people have accidentlly forgotten to log out. If the user has left his/her computer on then they still show active in the chat room. Occasionally people go off to make a cup of tea and the phone rings and so on! Eventually they do arrive back to the computer to take up a chat room conversation. And on very rare occasions you do have someone who just doesn't 'talk'.

Vistravi
16-Jun-09, 18:51
Hello transit

Part of the problem is 'timing'. People seem to gather for chat in the late evening.

One way to check if there are people in the room is to scroll down the Caithness.org Forums page to the bottom. The people logged on will be listed and below that is a line where the users in the chat room will also be listed.

As to arriving for a chat and finding the other orgers non-communicative that might be for a number of reasons. Sometimes it takes a while for the name to clear after a user has left the chat room. Other times people have accidentlly forgotten to log out. If the user has left his/her computer on then they still show active in the chat room. Occasionally people go off to make a cup of tea and the phone rings and so on! Eventually they do arrive back to the computer to take up a chat room conversation. And on very rare occasions you do have someone who just doesn't 'talk'.

Just got to get in at the right time. evening is best as canuck said. flashchat is brilliant for getting to know the orgers. dont give up.

twiglet
16-Jun-09, 19:17
As a frequent user of the chatroom, yesm it's very annoying when there is nobody around or just a lurker that sits there and won't chat back. We are out there honest. Just keep checking in now and again and of course there is the quiz at 8.30pm on a Sunday. You're guaranteed to find people there then. Hopefully see you in chat soon.

wifie
16-Jun-09, 20:40
Heck I say keep trying! Chat is great craic! :D

Tighsonas4
16-Jun-09, 20:58
some are quite talkative while others are quiet[like me] as im a one finger typist prefer it when theres only or two in [lol] tony

miumiumiu000
16-Jun-09, 22:44
we should make a time to have a good flashchat, that would be good fun:)