PDA

View Full Version : Airport

shazzap
16-Jun-09, 13:35
It seems silly that Wick airport doesn't have any flights in or out at the weekend.

I would have thought that at least in the summer months this would be available.

theone
16-Jun-09, 13:47
I fly twice a month to and from Wick.

The vast majority of people on my flight seem to be on business. Rarely have I seen 'holiday' users.

I honestly don't recall the last time there was more passengers on the plane than there was staff in the airport.

I don't know if there would be much demand for a weekend service, but I am pretty sure it would be unprofitable and therefore require more subsidy.

Fran
16-Jun-09, 15:23
Im sure there must be flights at the weekends. i see a lot of planes taking off and landing on saturdays and sundays.

nicnic74
16-Jun-09, 15:48
Im sure there must be flights at the weekends. i see a lot of planes taking off and landing on saturdays and sundays. Think that is private planes visitors at ackergill tower

shazzap
16-Jun-09, 16:19
They must be private flights as nothing else comes in or out.

northener
16-Jun-09, 18:13
Weekend traffic is private and TransAtlantic plane deliveries, which are handled by Far North Aviation.

This was covered some time ago IIRC, there wouldn't be the level of business to justify it.

Regarding numbers on the planes (Eastern Airways), they can get quite busy. I've seen days when literally one person has stepped off and other days when there's been a lot. It varies enormously.

weeksider
16-Jun-09, 18:20
There IS SATURDAY FLIGHTS UNTIL ABOUT 2 PM AND LATER IN THE YEAR A SUNDAY SERVICE WILL BE STARTING I HEAR

shazzap
16-Jun-09, 18:24
There IS SATURDAY FLIGHTS UNTIL ABOUT 2 PM AND LATER IN THE YEAR A SUNDAY SERVICE WILL BE STARTING I HEAR

I looked for Saturday flights for OH and cannot find any at any time of the day saturday or Sunday.

Fluff
16-Jun-09, 19:24
There would be alot more holiday/leisure passengers of the flights were flamin cheaper!

shazzap
16-Jun-09, 19:31
There would be alot more holiday/leisure passengers of the flights were flamin cheaper!

How true...

miumiumiu000
16-Jun-09, 22:46
that s right enough. i hate drinving so many hours down to edinburgh or glasgow, but it cost too much by flight

miumiumiu000
16-Jun-09, 22:48
I looked for Saturday flights for OH and cannot find any at any time of the day saturday or Sunday.
i guess there are not enough passengers

Kenn
16-Jun-09, 23:05
Could n't agree more fluff, would love to be able to fly to Wick but the prices are ridiculous.
I cannot understand why they are so exorbitant as where internal flight prices have been reduced, the planes are full and it's often cheaper than travelling by rail.