PDA

View Full Version : Soya Ice Cream

Liz
16-Jun-09, 12:57
I have Swedish Glace Neopolitan ice cream as a treat every weekend.

However, Tesco has stopped stocking it. I phoned to ask them to restock but still haven't heard from them.

The Orkney and Elgin stores stock it but that's a bit far to go shopping!:confused

I just wondered whether any orgers (or your family) bought this ice cream and, if so, would you contact Tesco to ask them to restock?

Thought the more people who ask the better.

Thanks.:D

teenybash
16-Jun-09, 13:24
I usually have this lovely icecream treat as I am lactose intolerant...I will contact Tesco also as it is the nearest thing to icecream I can have!!!:(

David Banks
16-Jun-09, 13:26
I've heard that too many soya products can make men sterile !!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz
16-Jun-09, 13:39
I usually have this lovely icecream treat as I am lactose intolerant...I will contact Tesco also as it is the nearest thing to icecream I can have!!!:(

Thanks Teenybash. Let's hope they will stock it again.

Kodiak
16-Jun-09, 13:49

This is an Old Rumour that has been circulating and like all Rumous it has no Foundation at all. Please read this :-

http://www.soymilkquick.com/shouldmenworry.php

teenybash
16-Jun-09, 13:53

Could be used a new form of birth control.........................:Razz:eek:

Liz
16-Jun-09, 13:55
Could be used a new form of birth control.........................:Razz:eek:

Might be a rush for soya ice cream now!!![lol]

Stefan
16-Jun-09, 14:36
Do you have a phone number I can ring?
I've never had that Ice cream but if it's lactose free it's gonna be on my shopping list !!!
Actually, haven't had Ice cream in years as I could never find anything lactose free.

ANNIE
16-Jun-09, 14:54
try this site i have ordered from them and they are very good
Goodness Direct - Online Health and Special Diet Food Store

Gleber2
16-Jun-09, 16:05
This lovely ice cream can be purchased from the Co-op, Thurso.:)

Liz
16-Jun-09, 16:56
Do you have a phone number I can ring?
I've never had that Ice cream but if it's lactose free it's gonna be on my shopping list !!!
Actually, haven't had Ice cream in years as I could never find anything lactose free.

The phone no is 01955673407. I can't tolerate dairy products and Swedish Glace Neopolitan is yummy.

try this site i have ordered from them and they are very good
Goodness Direct - Online Health and Special Diet Food Store

I order from them as well Annie and they are great but the ice cream is a lot cheaper in Tesco.

Is that just the Vanilla Gleber2? The Wick Co-op has this but the recipe was changed and don't really like this flavour anymore.
Also, don't know why, but have had problems with this ice cream from the Co-op. Not sure whether it was allowed to thaw out and then re-frozen but have had a few times and just not been 'right'.

Allsorts
16-Jun-09, 17:10
My kids love it and have noticed its not been in stock...a lovely treat for milk free kids and we like it tooo.

guess I will have to go back to ordering from goodness direct again.

Liz
16-Jun-09, 17:20
My kids love it and have noticed its not been in stock...a lovely treat for milk free kids and we like it tooo.

guess I will have to go back to ordering from goodness direct again.

Why don't you give Tesco a ring? I am sure they would restock it if enough of us ask.

They restocked it for me before but stopped for some reason even though it was selling well!

Surely they should cater for people on dairy free diets as well?

Allsorts
16-Jun-09, 18:30
I have been trying to get Tesco to stock the smooth alpro soya yogurts that they stocked when they first opened as my daughter want eat the ones with lumps as she doesn't like the flavours....they have told me they can't get them back in...Yet Inverness still stock them.

jings00
16-Jun-09, 18:46

yip..wis gonna say i have bought it from the Thurso co op also. :-)

Liz
16-Jun-09, 18:49
I have been trying to get Tesco to stock the smooth alpro soya yogurts that they stocked when they first opened as my daughter want eat the ones with lumps as she doesn't like the flavours....they have told me they can't get them back in...Yet Inverness still stock them.

That is so annoying![evil]

yip..wis gonna say i have bought it from the Thurso co op also. :-)
Was that the Neopolitan?

joxville
16-Jun-09, 20:29
It comes down to supply and demand-if there isn't enough demand for it then it won't justify the transport costs etc. and they can stock the shelf space with products that do sell.

jings00
16-Jun-09, 20:35
i have never noticed if there was neopolitan... the plain stuff is the stuff i got.
i might be in tomorrow, will take a look and let ya know
if i mind, lol

mrsinkstack
16-Jun-09, 20:59
One of my bairns is lactose intolerant and I always buy that ice cream from the co-op in Thurso ;)

Liz
16-Jun-09, 22:07
It comes down to supply and demand-if there isn't enough demand for it then it won't justify the transport costs etc. and they can stock the shelf space with products that do sell.
The demand is there as it always sells out.

i have never noticed if there was neopolitan... the plain stuff is the stuff i got.
i might be in tomorrow, will take a look and let ya know
if i mind, lol

That would be great ta!:D

miumiumiu000
16-Jun-09, 22:42
is soya ice cream non fat? i love soya taste, and i love ice cream, i would like to have a try when they get stock next time. keep trying, if there is demanding, there will be supplying

Gleber2
16-Jun-09, 23:08
I've only seen the vanilla flavour and quite like the new recipe.

Liz
17-Jun-09, 13:44
is soya ice cream non fat? i love soya taste, and i love ice cream, i would like to have a try when they get stock next time. keep trying, if there is demanding, there will be supplying
I am not sure how much the fat content is but it will be lower than dairy. Unfortunately, got a call from Tesco saying it has been discontinued!!!
Is this discrimination against people who can't tolerate dairy and Vegans?:roll:

I phone the Co-op and they won't stock the Neopolitan either. So have no option but to order from Goodness Direct at about 77p per more per tub!

I've only seen the vanilla flavour and quite like the new recipe.
I'm not keen on the new vanilla recipe and wish they had stuck to the original.

Liz
30-Jun-09, 17:31
The Co-op in Wick have stopped stocking Swedish Glace!:(

I really am going to have to make my own dairy free ice cream but can't find a recipe I like the look of. Can anyone help?

teenybash
01-Jul-09, 00:37
The Co-op in Wick have stopped stocking Swedish Glace!:(

I really am going to have to make my own dairy free ice cream but can't find a recipe I like the look of. Can anyone help?

You can make a simple dairy icecream using soya milk, custard and sugar to taste.... mix altogether and pop into your icecream maker. You can add maple syrup to sweeten if you prefer and fresh chopped strawberries or whatever your choice...............mmmmmm:)

Liz
01-Jul-09, 12:45
You can make a simple dairy icecream using soya milk, custard and sugar to taste.... mix altogether and pop into your icecream maker. You can add maple syrup to sweeten if you prefer and fresh chopped strawberries or whatever your choice...............mmmmmm:)

That sounds nice Teenybash and have actually just bought an ice cream maker. Do you have the exact recipe? I take it you mean custard powder?

teenybash
01-Jul-09, 19:24
When it comes to sticking to a recipe I am hopeless but here goes with the icecream....which is scrummy. You might need to experiment with quantities depending on how much you want to make at a time.

1/2 cup soya milk
1/4 cup castor sugar or big spoon of golden syrup [I have a sweet tooth]
3 or 4 egg yolks
couple of drops of vanilla essence
1 tspn custard powder.

Mix custard powder with egg yolks and a little soya milk until a smooth paste and slowly add the rest of the milk.
Cook until the mix thickens but try not to boil as it will affect flavour.
Take off heat and you can add soya cream if you want...I don't bother. Let the mix cool and ................... this is the indulgent bit.....Add your choice of chopped fruit/ nuts/cadburys flake/crushed malteasers...whatever you fancy. You can even crush biscuits and add to give a crunchy texture, the choice is yours and pop into icecream
maker and churn until frozen....and then serve.

You can use the egg whites to make merignues which can be served with the icecream.

If I don't have soya milk I used fully skimmed milk which has no fat so reaction can be lived with.............Good luck and enjoy...;)

Liz
01-Jul-09, 19:50
Oh that sounds really delicious Teenybash.

I don't usually eat eggs but will get some nice free range ones and give it a go. Or I have seen a vegan custard or custard powder which I might give a go.

Thanks ever so much.I'll let you know how it goes.

teenybash
01-Jul-09, 21:07
Oh that sounds really delicious Teenybash.

I don't usually eat eggs but will get some nice free range ones and give it a go. Or I have seen a vegan custard or custard powder which I might give a go.

Thanks ever so much.I'll let you know how it goes.

You can leave out the egg yolks................I usually do and still end up with really tasty ice cream..:D

Liz
01-Jul-09, 22:21
Oh okay then. Sounds good!

Thanks ever so much Teenybash.:D